Background4AllTabs, Photoshop & Pixelcounting
i wanted to create my own background-theme, and this thread was very helpful:
(you need the Background4AllTabs "5c9aa261_manila" & "4a087e41_manila" from NisseDILLIGAF)
the problem was, i had a circle in the picture, and every time it was stretched or squashed, wrong aspect ratio, not fitting well. so i did a little research myself - pixelcounting fun.
1. crop your original-pic (maybe 800x480) to 700x480 (the real background size, 50 px from the top and 50 px from bottom)
2. create an new empty 512x512 file
3. resize your 700x480-pic to 512x460, squash squash squash (!)
4. paste it in the empty 512x512 on the left side(!) leaving an empty unused bar of 52px on the right side
5. do all steps from the link above to convert it for manila
nothing stretched or squashed anymore. full circles.
this method works only for NisseDILLIGAF's *5c9aa261_manila* that came from the diamond. it works, but it also has the blackhole problem.
bbonzz's method (look below) works for http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=60
both have no problems with nocurtains-mod. baah, too much confusion about the manila files... :)