Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

GPS software with roads that doesn't require a data plan?

OP yerdua2093

3rd January 2009, 02:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I am just wondering if there is a free GPS application that has roads on it (like the tomtom) that doesn't use the internet.
3rd January 2009, 03:59 AM   |  #2  
Flag Houston, Texas
Thanks Meter: 2

2,725 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerdua2093

I am just wondering if there is a free GPS application that has roads on it (like the tomtom) that doesn't use the internet.

I counted, you posted this brand new thread exactly 5 threads above a thread titled " best free GPS " are you serious ?

Please read here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=397434
3rd January 2009, 10:40 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

1,696 posts
More
And you can stop here too as if you search a bit you'll see this doesn't exist (yet?).
4th January 2009, 09:06 AM   |  #4  
Moderator & Developer Committee, XDA TV Admin
Flag خgŅ͔̰̺̟̱̟͌͗͊ͨͪ͟ͅ
Thanks Meter: 998

6,781 posts
More
Quote:

Greedy Huh? Either Pay to Get Roads Via a data Plan. Or Pay for Maps for TomTom. Why would someone take the time to compile very complex maps to work with GPS software and Give it away for free?

I'm sorry to say, but Capitalism Rules!
6th January 2009, 10:57 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

76 posts
Quote:

Checkout Terracrosser - Free (till now at least), requires no data plan, you need a PC with internet connection though to download maps either from Google Or Yahoo available free, Terracrosser comes with an application (on the PC) to package the Google/Yahoo maps that can be transfered to your Kaiser, NO voice prompts, no route planning, no other bells and whistles - basic tracking of position using the GPS on free road maps but what more you can expect for free.
8th January 2009, 07:40 PM   |  #6  

3 posts
I downloaded tomtom 7 to give it a try and it completely surpassed all expectations I had for it. Sure, the graphics may not be stunning but all of the recent roadwork around my city was on there and I was very impressed with how many poi's I had access too. I purchased the maps this morning and I recommend you do the same, you won't regret it.
8th January 2009, 11:03 PM   |  #7  

1 posts
Smile Free GPS Software
Guys, Try http://www.amazegps.com/welcome.php. Works pretty OK if you do not want to pay for a service like ATT Navigator for instance. Remember it will still require a data plan so not completely "FREE"

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
freeware, gps
Previous Thread Next Thread