5,603,646 Members 37,246 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GPS software with roads that doesn't require a data plan?

Tip us?

yerdua2093
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question GPS software with roads that doesn't require a data plan?

I am just wondering if there is a free GPS application that has roads on it (like the tomtom) that doesn't use the internet.

denco7
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerdua2093 View Post
I am just wondering if there is a free GPS application that has roads on it (like the tomtom) that doesn't use the internet.
I counted, you posted this brand new thread exactly 5 threads above a thread titled " best free GPS " are you serious ?

Please read here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=397434
Build:
Radio: Stock
Phone:HTC One X ; HTC Inspire(retired) ; AT$T Tilt( retired ) ; HTC Hermes(retired)

New HTC Support Forum for North American Devices.

kilrah
Old
Thanks Meter 5
And you can stop here too as if you search a bit you'll see this doesn't exist (yet?).
Samsung Galaxy S3 32GB
Revolution HD V11

JimmyMcGee
Old
Moderator & Developer Committee, XDA TV Admin
Thanks Meter 972
Quote:

Greedy Huh? Either Pay to Get Roads Via a data Plan. Or Pay for Maps for TomTom. Why would someone take the time to compile very complex maps to work with GPS software and Give it away for free?

I'm sorry to say, but Capitalism Rules!

Always Remember: STAY OFF MY LAWN!
Important Reading: XDA Mantra | XDA Wiki | Forum Rules
Device Database || Donate To XDA!
"I'm an NVIDIA Tegra Champ. Any opinion that I express here and elsewhere are solely based on my
personal preference and any relevant expertise that I may or may not have on the subject matter.

Devices: Motorola Xoom running Jelly Bean
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.
1 running Jelly Bean
Samsung Galaxy S III running SlimBean

smjoshi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Checkout Terracrosser - Free (till now at least), requires no data plan, you need a PC with internet connection though to download maps either from Google Or Yahoo available free, Terracrosser comes with an application (on the PC) to package the Google/Yahoo maps that can be transfered to your Kaiser, NO voice prompts, no route planning, no other bells and whistles - basic tracking of position using the GPS on free road maps but what more you can expect for free.

derkaderka
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I downloaded tomtom 7 to give it a try and it completely surpassed all expectations I had for it. Sure, the graphics may not be stunning but all of the recent roadwork around my city was on there and I was very impressed with how many poi's I had access too. I purchased the maps this morning and I recommend you do the same, you won't regret it.

phuza
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Free GPS Software

Guys, Try http://www.amazegps.com/welcome.php. Works pretty OK if you do not want to pay for a service like ATT Navigator for instance. Remember it will still require a data plan so not completely "FREE"

Tags
freeware, gps