"Oil film"-look on screen

OP audiophil

4th January 2009, 03:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

96 posts
My screen suddenly got a 2x4 cm oil film'ish rectangle in the middle of the screen!
Tried removing the screen protector, which went of really easy btw, and it's still there... Is this the same symptom as when the inner and outer layer of the screen has loosened?
Really don't want to send my phone in for service, but seems like I have too, if no one got a good solution for me?
4th January 2009, 04:08 PM   |  #2  

33 posts
There is a post exactly like this in the forum. I have the same problem but doesn't affect the functionality of the phone so far. I called HTC while my phone is still under warranty, but they don't give a rat ass about their product. Search for the threat and read what other members said about it. You are not the only one with this problem, thousands of other as well but HTC is not taking any responsibility. Your choice is replace the screen which doesn't cost that much nor difficult from what I read.
4th January 2009, 10:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

96 posts
Hmm, I'll try to take it through the store, or since it's my corporate phone maybe they'll take it in...
It's a shame if HTC don't take any responsibility about this
5th January 2009, 12:42 AM   |  #4  
Flag Fano
Thanks Meter: 10

185 posts
More
Sorry but i can't find the other post in Diamond Foum, can u paste link here please?
5th January 2009, 02:33 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 16

427 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by posceve

Sorry but i can't find the other post in Diamond Foum, can u paste link here please?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...highlight=oily

The only people I've seen had this problem is people who use screen protectors, but then again I've never really read all that much about it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread