Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

OP hilaireg

29th January 2009, 09:56 PM   |  #101  
I'm a Yank in Texas
Thanks Meter: 23

411 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_G

With a cab, you have the space taken up by the .cab in ROM (so you have less storage memory free in the first place) and then the space taken up in storage from the cab's installed files. With a package it would just take up space in ROM, but not also in storage.

Any of the commands that apply to sdconfig should also apply to config*.txt.

And no, I didn't catch your update

The background is \SYS\Redist_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640\welcomehead. 192.png

And the 'midgets' part is \OEM\OperatorPkg\LogoMsg.bmp

I caught the welcome head after I posted... and lol went right over the logomsg even opened up the .bmp and never thought anything of it, since the font was almost white I thought it was just a blank .bmp and never thought twice!! LOL

Thanks!

anyway to change the version number, get rid of the WWE under version name?

and also. I edited the icon for volume control on the today screen top task bar. but for some reason when I cook in volume control it overides that. I do not see a icon in the package for the volume control cause I was just gonna edit that one too, so I am curious as to how to fix this... by the way another cup of joe on the way!
29th January 2009, 10:04 PM   |  #102  
Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Riverside, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,533

3,298 posts
Donate to Me
More
WWE stands for WorldWideEnglish, i think the only way to change that is to change the language of the ROM, which you probably don't want to do

Version number is here:
\OEM\OEMVersion\mxipupdate_OEMVERSION_100.provxml

HTC VolumeControl contains internal icon resources in HTCVolumeControl.dll - one for "normal speaker", one for "muted speaker" and one for "vibrating phone"

You'd have to use a resource editor to either remove these icons (might not work with them removed) or put your changed icons in the .dll (much more likely to work)

Thanks, I love you! In a very manly way! (haha just kiddin' :P)
29th January 2009, 10:48 PM   |  #103  
I'm a Yank in Texas

411 posts
More
Quote:

WWE stands for WorldWideEnglish, i think the only way to change that is to change the language of the ROM, which you probably don't want to do

Version number is here:
\OEM\OEMVersion\mxipupdate_OEMVERSION_100.provxml

Ah, definitely don't want to change the language!! I saw that post in this forum about changing the name and I am sorry, I am retarded and so addicted to the cooking thing that I have so many different things floating around my head (dll, lnk, cab, proxml, WTF is a dsm, etc.) that I mistyped what I was looking for. I am looking to change the DATE, not the version number...

Quote:

HTC VolumeControl contains internal icon resources in HTCVolumeControl.dll - one for "normal speaker", one for "muted speaker" and one for "vibrating phone"

Quote:

You'd have to use a resource editor to either remove these icons (might not work with them removed) or put your changed icons in the .dll (much more likely to work)

what resource editor is easy and would you recommend? Never even cracked open a .dll yet, been able to get away with using others so far.

Quote:

Thanks, I love you! In a very manly way! (haha just kiddin' :P)

just kiddin' about the loving me? Or the loving me in a manly way? HAHA either way, I was skeptical when you went the ROM kitchen route and was dissapointed and even thought about going about different ROMs... then I tried to cook my own and I must say I hate it... I am so addicted that all I do is think if what I can do to customize this phone to my liking... I don't know if I should thank you... or wish you dead for making it easier to customize our roms!! LOL thanks and no prob!
Last edited by skyfox99; 29th January 2009 at 10:57 PM.
29th January 2009, 11:14 PM   |  #104  
Flag Riverside, CA

3,298 posts
Donate to Me
More
LOL! It is addicting, isn't it..

Don't forget, if you make any awesome packages, don't be afraid to share them.. i'm sure there are plenty of other people who would try them too

http://www.heaventools.net/ <-- these guys make 2 commercial programs with trials to work with PE files (.dll/.exe), they work great.. the pe explorer does alot more functions on top of just replacing resources. worth a try for sure.

Then there's the free side of things:

http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

If you'd like more options, there are more out there Try googling for "Resource Editor".. there's at least one more I know of that's free too

To change the date I believe you'd need to hex edit nk.exe, it contains the date.. it might be in another place though, i've actually never tried.. but I know it does appear in there (the 10/20/08 date)
29th January 2009, 11:25 PM   |  #105  
Flag Parkersburg
Thanks Meter: 6

3,677 posts
More
Quote:

LOL! It is addicting, isn't it..

Don't forget, if you make any awesome packages, don't be afraid to share them.. i'm sure there are plenty of other people who would try them too

Da_G

If theres any specific packages that are wanted let me know. I have about 5gb of stuff. Ive been collecting since the wizard days. Ill upload anything you want to add to the kitchen.
30th January 2009, 01:31 AM   |  #106  
Flag Parkersburg

3,677 posts
More
Quote:

Maybe we should set up a wiki.. for VGA-Compatible packages..

Im game. We just need a posting format

such as

Author:
Version:
Description:
Additional Requirements:
Donor Device if applicable:
Date if applicable:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfox99

YES!!!!!!!!

And DA_G... when I receive a text message... the LED indicator around the button does not indicate anything. I was wondering what would affect this and if this is something in the base ROM, or something that can be changed to show it. It shows for other messages, just not txt

I am pretty sure this is a base issue. Ive tried really hard to fix it. Ive yet to find a solution
30th January 2009, 01:35 AM   |  #107  
Flag Riverside, CA

3,298 posts
Donate to Me
More
You know, I receive so few sms that I didn't even know that was a problem o.O I'll check it out when I get some time..

I like your format arup
30th January 2009, 01:38 AM   |  #108  
I'm a Yank in Texas

411 posts
More
Where in the ROM would the setting for this be? I wonder if it has something to do with the fact we are using so much from the blackstone? Does the blackstone have the same LED indicator? Or is it different, could that be something to it there?

I agree with the format. I would also put any know issues in there, and tested on/confirmed on so we know what VGA device the author used it for (or would that be considered donor device?).
30th January 2009, 01:40 AM   |  #109  
Flag Riverside, CA

3,298 posts
Donate to Me
More
Probably related to AllLEDMgr.dll or HTCNavi.dll, in \OEM\OEMDrivers. Both of which are native from the Stock Fuze ROM (didn't replace them with bstone drivers)
30th January 2009, 01:55 AM   |  #110  
Flag Parkersburg

3,677 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfox99

Where in the ROM would the setting for this be? I wonder if it has something to do with the fact we are using so much from the blackstone? Does the blackstone have the same LED indicator? Or is it different, could that be something to it there?

I agree with the format. I would also put any know issues in there, and tested on/confirmed on so we know what VGA device the author used it for (or would that be considered donor device?).

Known issues is a good idea
Compatible devices might also apply in some cases.
Quote:

Probably related to AllLEDMgr.dll or HTCNavi.dll, in \OEM\OEMDrivers. Both of which are native from the Stock Fuze ROM (didn't replace them with bstone drivers)

Yeah those were two of the ones i played with. Swapped out 3 different ones with no effect. Question now is do either one of them call any others that we did alter

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread