Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

OP hilaireg

19th August 2009, 04:32 PM   |  #1101  
Flag Goodyear, Az
Thanks Meter: 78

2,263 posts
More
This is Fantastic. Very much appreciated. I think I am the only one that still uses wm 6.1
19th August 2009, 05:43 PM   |  #1102  
Tennessee/USA
Thanks Meter: 37

327 posts
More
You're not the only one (and others have chimed in still over the last month and a half too). I check in periodically still and would be sad if this thread just completely died. WM6.5 may be all the rage right now, but I'm quite happy/content with 6.1. In fact, when AT&T finally gets around to releasing their Rhodium/TP2 model and I get to a point I can afford to move to it, I may be yet another rare soul, but I hope someone like hill here is around to actually work up a series of 6.1 kitchens for it somehow down the road. I just really don't care for 6.5 all that much. Maybe when 7's released I'll have more interest.

I'll have to download the latest base & kitchen pack updates since I last cooked myself a ROM here and see what's new to play with when I get some time in the next week or two.
20th August 2009, 03:26 AM   |  #1103  
Thanks Meter: 1

185 posts
More
Still using 6.1 via this kitchen and very happy with it at the moment (all things WinMo and 6.1 consdered).

AT&T, according to mobile blogs, will release TP2 and Diamond2 (Fortress,/Warhawk, whatever) on/about October wich is consistant with previous AT&T HTC releases.

I had a AT&T TP2 in my hands for a few minutes, a few weeks ago. WinMo 6.5, TF3D w/ landscape etc., but I didn't have enough time or presence of mind to check for versions etc.

I ran into the AT&T tester again today and he said he had to turn it in to get re-flashed...so I guess the AT&T ROMs are still a work in progress.

Anyway, just want to say thanks again for this kitchen and the caretakers who are keeping it current.

Regards...
2nd September 2009, 11:54 PM   |  #1104  
Thanks Meter: 0

32 posts
complete replacement of Built-in programs
Very good 6.1 kitchen. as usual great job!
i was wondering is it possible to completely remove the following built-in applications and replace it with as follow

Mail with Webis

Task, calander & contacts with Informant

IE with Opera

Image viewer with Resco viewer

Win media with Coreplayer/ Mort player and so on

the most important file PIM.vol used by outlook, which i believe will be removed if i remove the files from Sys/Base appl folder of the Kitchen?

how do i identify the filies of the above builtin programs for removal. these are in Sys folder of the Kitchen.

Pls assist. Thanks in Advance
3rd September 2009, 05:57 AM   |  #1105  
OP Moderator Emeritus
Thanks Meter: 222

2,945 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubail raja

i was wondering is it possible to completely remove the following built-in applications and replace it with as follow

Mail with Webis

Messaging (aka Outlook) is a core component of Windows Mobile; look in the SYS portion of the kitchen. Note that HTC may have implemented enhancements as well - those would be found in the OEM/EXT folder.

This will likely break ActiveSync functionality.

Quote:

Task, calander & contacts with Informant

Another set of core components of Windows Mobile; look in the SYS portion of the kitchen. Again, HTC may have implemented enhancements.

Quote:

IE with Opera

Not recommended; packages are found in SYS folder (browsing*). You will break Windows Mobile functionality such HTML & XML parsing.

Quote:

Image viewer with Resco viewer

Not recommended; HTC leverages some of the registry settings in Manila.

Quote:

Win media with Coreplayer/ Mort player and so on

It's already a separate package in the kitchen; packages are typically found in SYS folder (mediaos*). Audio/video playback on some applications will be broken as a result of missing codecs.

Quote:

the most important file PIM.vol used by outlook, which i believe will be removed if i remove the files from Sys/Base appl folder of the Kitchen?

how do i identify the filies of the above builtin programs for removal. these are in Sys folder of the Kitchen.

Pls assist. Thanks in Advance

As noted above. Many of the components that you wish to remove are integral components of Windows Mobile and quite difficult to accomplish.

Most chefs keep that functionality in so I'm not sure how much assistance will be provided in troubleshooting ROM issues.

HTH,
4th September 2009, 02:43 AM   |  #1106  
Thanks Meter: 0

32 posts
Thank you Hilaireg. it seems should feel content with the great kitchen you have provided. it reminds me of the bird in hand moral. Cheers!
5th September 2009, 12:03 AM   |  #1107  
Flag Altoona, Pa
Thanks Meter: 16

1,559 posts
More
Hilaireg, Are you still thinkiung of the 6.5 kitchen? If not, I was wondering if you wouldnt mind helping to organize my complex kitchen to make it a bit more user friendly like your 6.1 kitchens. I would want it to easily cook a stocklike ROM as well as my customized ROMs. Shouldnt be too much involded aside from reorganizing the packages, updating a few things, and maybe there is 1 little script I would like to write to remove unneeded dpi files(lockscreen package has files for all dpi). I will PM u if I dopnt hear back, or catch me on PM too. I switched computers so I dont have trillian anymore to direct chat, but I should be getting this stuff updated too. So much to do, so little me
5th September 2009, 02:47 AM   |  #1108  
OP Moderator Emeritus

2,945 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmckeejr

Hilaireg, Are you still thinkiung of the 6.5 kitchen? If not, I was wondering if you wouldnt mind helping to organize my complex kitchen to make it a bit more user friendly like your 6.1 kitchens. I would want it to easily cook a stocklike ROM as well as my customized ROMs. Shouldnt be too much involded aside from reorganizing the packages, updating a few things, and maybe there is 1 little script I would like to write to remove unneeded dpi files(lockscreen package has files for all dpi). I will PM u if I dopnt hear back, or catch me on PM too. I switched computers so I dont have trillian anymore to direct chat, but I should be getting this stuff updated too. So much to do, so little me

Send me a PM ...

I'm almost done recoding the Manila Decompilation kitchen; as soon as that's finished, I am actually looking to post a Raphael "Generic" 6.5 kitchen for folks to work with.

Cheers,
10th September 2009, 06:43 AM   |  #1109  
Thanks Meter: 1

37 posts
More
Hi guys.. I have a few questions. But first let me say thanks so much for all the hard work you put into making this level of phone modding so easily accessible. I have had great fun over the past few days cooking ROMs to be the way I like them.

But here are the few questions I have that I haven't been able to figure out:

First, what package do I need to leave out in order to have default Windows icons and startup screens (ie: start button, wait icon, signal strength)?

Second, how can I change the fonts on certain elements (ie: Volume Control, SIP keys)? I just want the default font, I don't really like Courier.

And, lastly, what do I need to do so that websites recognize my phone correctly? I have a Fuze (P4600) but websites think I'm using a TyTn (T7272). Also, in Settings > System > Device Info, the phone is listed as a T7272. I changed this with a registry edit to be correct, but it didn't fix the website issue.

Thanks again for your effort in this project, and thanks in advance for your time with my questions.
10th September 2009, 02:38 PM   |  #1110  
OP Moderator Emeritus

2,945 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmorej

First, what package do I need to leave out in order to have default Windows icons and startup screens (ie: start button, wait icon, signal strength)?

Look at the TSOWEN and ResourceUpdates package in the kitchen EXT/PACKAGES folder.

Quote:

Second, how can I change the fonts on certain elements (ie: Volume Control, SIP keys)? I just want the default font, I don't really like Courier.

There are a few places; from easiest to most difficult to change: .REG/.RGU, .PROVXML, .MUI/.DLL/.EXE

Quote:

And, lastly, what do I need to do so that websites recognize my phone correctly? I have a Fuze (P4600) but websites think I'm using a TyTn (T7272). Also, in Settings > System > Device Info, the phone is listed as a T7272. I changed this with a registry edit to be correct, but it didn't fix the website issue.

Need the version and build number of the web browser you are using; and the name of the kitchen packages if it's one of those.

T7272 should be TouchPRO (aka Fuze) but I could be mistaken. Look through the DEVICE package that you have selected (ex: DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED_0_0_0_0) - specifically .TXT/.PROVXML/.RGU/.REG files of the package.

HTH,

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread