5,599,394 Members 38,092 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Tip us?

gilmorej
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for your advice!

The Fuze is actually a P4600. I fixed the phone mis-identifying itself by editing the DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED_0_0_0_0 provmxl files. I edited any section that referred to a T7272 so that it read the same as what was in the ATT provmxl files. The phone correctly ID's itself now but I will have to go back and look deeper into this issue, because I still can't buy things from the ATT wap store (says my phone isn't supported, so there is some other settings I need to find).

The issue with the icons was fixed by not including the ResourceUpdates package. Later when I have more time i'll try to figure out what file specifically in this folder is changing the icons.

I was unable to figure out how to change the fonts, as there is no registry entry for these programs that changes the font, and there was nothing in the provmxl files for that either. I don't have the knowledge/tools for editing .exe or .dll files so I may have to settle until I can figure this out.

hilaireg
Old
Moderator Committee - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmorej View Post
The Fuze is actually a P4600. I fixed the phone mis-identifying itself by editing the DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED_0_0_0_0 provmxl files. I edited any section that referred to a T7272 so that it read the same as what was in the ATT provmxl files. The phone correctly ID's itself now but I will have to go back and look deeper into this issue, because I still can't buy things from the ATT wap store (says my phone isn't supported, so there is some other settings I need to find).
There is a .TXT file that contains a single line with the device model. The files in DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED originally came from the Official HTC TouchPRO. I tend not to use the AT&T versions as they contian many registry restrictions.

Still need the information about the browser you are using (version & build number). That may lend a clue as to why it isn't working.

Also, it may be possible that you need to enable the ATT Proxy settings for ATT website related content to function.

Quote:
The issue with the icons was fixed by not including the ResourceUpdates package. Later when I have more time i'll try to figure out what file specifically in this folder is changing the icons.
Perfect, that was the purpose of that package; to allow extra files to be added/removed at a chefs discretion without impacting the rest of the kitchen.

Quote:
I was unable to figure out how to change the fonts, as there is no registry entry for these programs that changes the font, and there was nothing in the provmxl files for that either. I don't have the knowledge/tools for editing .exe or .dll files so I may have to settle until I can figure this out.
Suspected that could be the case. I've noticed in some .MUI that HTC explicitly sets the font.
Device 1 & 2: HTC Rhodium (aka TouchPRO2/Tilt2)
Device 3 & 4: Apple N89 (aka iPhone 4)

Donations | Forum Rules | Admins/Mods | WIKI | Chef Central | KB555375

gilmorej
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaireg View Post
Still need the information about the browser you are using (version & build number). That may lend a clue as to why it isn't working.

Also, it may be possible that you need to enable the ATT Proxy settings for ATT website related content to function.
Sorry, I am mostly trying with internet explorer (the current 21054 kitchen build). I have been using the CABs that come with the original ATT rom to set up or take out the ATT proxy. I can browse the ATT wap website but when I try to buy games it says my device is not supported.

I also have Opera from this kitchen (v 9.5 build 16277) but I have not attempted to figure out how to correct the issue here (don't have proxy set up for opera, either). Websites think that I am using a P3700 when browing using Opera.

hilaireg
Old
Moderator Committee - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Sorry, I am mostly trying with internet explorer (the current 21054 kitchen build). I have been using the CABs that come with the original ATT rom to set up or take out the ATT proxy. I can browse the ATT wap website but when I try to buy games it says my device is not supported.

I also have Opera from this kitchen (v 9.5 build 16277) but I have not attempted to figure out how to correct the issue here (don't have proxy set up for opera, either). Websites think that I am using a P3700 when browing using Opera.
Not sure about IE; all I can suggest is to look through the DEVICE_ATT package to see if there is any other settings that you could add to your DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED package.

For Opera, you'll likely need to change the User Agent string as the various builds come from various devices. Have a look in the Dev & Hacking thread, there is an Opera Mobile and an fixFlashOpera thread that speak to the various strings.

The proxy settings for Opera can be entered in the Preferences section (OPERA:CONFIG in the address bar).

HTH,

xboomer55
Old
(Last edited by xboomer55; 11th September 2009 at 03:41 PM.) Reason: add link
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Thanks for your advice!

Are you using Opera to access AT&T Media Net, Mall etc.? I just re-cooked, used DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED_0_0_0_0, and still have T7272 ID references in the phone.

I edited opera.ini to add AT&T proxys and changed the user agent string. Looks like I could shop (no real need), I can stream video from AT&T's portal etc.

A stock FUZE uses Opera with AT&T specific proxy and user agent settings. That may be all that is needed for Media Net portal compatibility.

Look at this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=469193
Nexus S i9020A

hilaireg
Old
Moderator Committee - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboomer55 View Post
Are you using Opera to access AT&T Media Net, Mall etc.? I just re-cooked, used DEVICE_CUSTOMIZED_0_0_0_0, and still have T7272 ID references in the phone.

I edited opera.ini to add AT&T proxys and changed the user agent string. Looks like I could shop (no real need), I can stream video from AT&T's portal etc.

A stock FUZE uses Opera with AT&T specific proxy and user agent settings. That may be all that is needed for Media Net compatibility.
Could you post the following info when you get a chance:

AT&T Specific Proxy
User Agent Settings

... just in case 'gilmorej' is using incorrect values.

Cheers,

xboomer55
Old
(Last edited by xboomer55; 11th September 2009 at 06:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaireg View Post
Could you post the following info when you get a chance:

AT&T Specific Proxy
User Agent Settings
Open my attached opera.ini with text editor and look at the following:

[Proxy]
Use Proxy On Local Names Check=1
HTTP Server=wireless.cingular.com
HTTPS server=wireless.cingular.com
Use HTTP=1
Use HTTPS=1
Enable HTTP 1.1 for proxy=1

[User Prefs]
Custom User-Agent=HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en)

The attached opera.ini with at&t settings works for me. I mis-spoke earlier. I did not edit this file. It was already at&t ready when I looked at it. I installed a cabbed Opera (16984) and did not cook Opera into the ROM.

A stare and compare with a non-at&T opera.ini file will also reveal different home page settings etc. but these are not essential. Do this viewing/editing on a PC. I have noticed that at&t proxy settings dynamically disapear when using the preferences editor (opera:config) on the handset while connected to USB or WiFi.

A simple fix may be to replace opera.ini on the handset with my copy (\Windows\Opera9). Back up the original first. Soft reset after replacing the file.

AT&T Fuze PIE uses a different user agent.

HTC-P4600/1.2 Mozilla/4.0

PIE renders a generic Media Net portal experience. AT&T may not have bothered to specifically identify the Fuze on their portal when using PIE. Handset specific features on the Media Net wap site may not be available via PIE.

I also added a link to my earlier post on the same general topic.

Hope this helps...
Attached Files
File Type: zip AT&T Opera.ini 16984.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.3 KB, 3 views)
Nexus S i9020A

xboomer55
Old
(Last edited by xboomer55; 13th September 2009 at 11:55 PM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 1
Default TF3D 2.1 Gen.Y_Manila_R1_5-EXT package

When using the Gen.Y_Manila_R1_5-EXT package, be advised that Raphael\COMMON\System - Configuration Profile (Single Selection Only) profiles contain _2330fc3c_manila and WeatherCityBase.provxml

These weather db files are not compatible with TF3D 2.1 and cause weather tab and home tab clock problems (TF3D restarts).

Update:
Removing them fixes the problem.
Nexus S i9020A

hilaireg
Old
Moderator Committee - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Appreciate the "heads up"

Would make sense as those were for the old Manila and should likely be omitted for newer versions.

Cheers,

gilmorej
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks, guys. I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back with you on this.

xboomer, the opera INI file that you attached makes media net work properly with opera. Thanks for your help with this issue!