XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

15th September 2009, 09:39 AM   |  #1121  
Thanks Meter: 1

37 posts
More
Actually, now I'm not sure if this solved my problem. I was able to use opera to purchase a winmo game from the media net store, but I'm not sure if the website still thinks I have the wrong phone and served the game up in the wrong res or something.

I bought Madden 10 for windows mobile and was able to download it, but once I tried to install it, the phone says the installation was unsucessful before it even does anything. It doesn't even get to the point to ask if I want to install it to the device or the storage card. I redownloaded thinking it could just be corruption, but got the same thing again.

I got a refund of the price by stating that it wouldn't work.

Now, I am not sure if this is an issue stemming from our discussion about the phone's mis-identification (which is actually still happening on some sites) or if ATT servers are dishing out messed up files, but I have a feeling that they won't be constantly giving me refunds so that i can trial-and-error. And I don't want to drop another $10 on some other winmo application that may or may not work.

Has anyone had expereience buying games/apps with custom ROMs?
15th September 2009, 01:04 PM   |  #1122  
OP Moderator Emeritus
Thanks Meter: 222

2,945 posts
More
@gilmorej:

Does the official vendor of Madden 10 have a downloable trial version you could try?

If so, post up the link to a trial and maybe someone can try it as well.

HTH,
15th September 2009, 09:30 PM   |  #1123  

37 posts
More
It's by EA Mobile.

There's not a demo on the media net store, I tried going to EA Mobile (www.eamobile.com) site on my phone which is actually seeing my phone as a P4600 (Fuze), and there is no Madden for WM listed.

I also looked at the EA mobile site (www.eamobile.com) on my computer and once I put in the model of my phone, and do a search for Madden 10, it says it is not yet available for my phone. I tried to find an AT&T windows mobile phone it was available for, but found nothing (it was a quick search, not sure what other models AT&T sells that are WM phones -- I looked at other HTC models).

I still have the CAB on my storage card, but I'm not sure if I should post that since I may be passing out a full version of the game?
15th September 2009, 10:22 PM   |  #1124  
OP Moderator Emeritus

2,945 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmorej

It's by EA Mobile.

There's not a demo on the media net store, I tried going to EA Mobile (www.eamobile.com) site on my phone which is actually seeing my phone as a P4600 (Fuze), and there is no Madden for WM listed.

I also looked at the EA mobile site (www.eamobile.com) on my computer and once I put in the model of my phone, and do a search for Madden 10, it says it is not yet available for my phone. I tried to find an AT&T windows mobile phone it was available for, but found nothing (it was a quick search, not sure what other models AT&T sells that are WM phones -- I looked at other HTC models).

I still have the CAB on my storage card, but I'm not sure if I should post that since I may be passing out a full version of the game?

You're correct; passing it around would likely be considered a violation of license ... best not to.

Short of calling EA technical support to see what they have to say, I'm not sure what to suggest at this stage.

Sorry,
16th September 2009, 02:25 AM   |  #1125  
Flag Surabaya

57 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboomer55

When using the Gen.Y_Manila_R1_5-EXT package, be advised that Raphael\COMMON\System - Configuration Profile (Single Selection Only) profiles contain _2330fc3c_manila and WeatherCityBase.provxml

These weather db files are not compatible with TF3D 2.1 and cause weather tab and home tab clock problems (TF3D restarts).

Update:
Removing them fixes the problem.

sorry as a noob

but howto remove it?
16th September 2009, 02:56 AM   |  #1126  
OP Moderator Emeritus

2,945 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyun

sorry as a noob

but howto remove it?

Select the filenames noted in xboomer55's post and press the DEL key on the keyboard.

16th September 2009, 03:53 AM   |  #1127  
Thanks Meter: 89

2,371 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmorej

It's by EA Mobile.

I'm pretty sure you can get it from handango-and possibly a demo. I've got many paid-for apps. The key is getting the owner info exactly correct. I've screwed that up a lot, lol. If it installs with a cab, I'd suggest just un-packing the cab and doing it manually. If it's an installer, search your pc and find the cab(s). It's usually in the actice sync folder.

I thought that handango said it worked on the fuze.
16th September 2009, 08:35 AM   |  #1128  

37 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Ted

I'm pretty sure you can get it from handango-and possibly a demo. I've got many paid-for apps. The key is getting the owner info exactly correct. I've screwed that up a lot, lol. If it installs with a cab, I'd suggest just un-packing the cab and doing it manually. If it's an installer, search your pc and find the cab(s). It's usually in the actice sync folder.

I thought that handango said it worked on the fuze.

I actually was looking earlier at Handmark's website and saw that they have it as well. No demo, though. However, I purchased some other games from them earlier today and they work fine. So I'll just stick with that.
20th September 2009, 02:25 PM   |  #1129  

185 posts
More
Gen.Y Manila R1.5 VGA Port & Youtube 2.5
When using EXT pkg Gen.Y Manila R1.5 VGA Port, and the included optional YouTube_2_5_19151528_00_VGA, and you have problems playing youtube video, add the folowing packages:

mHubVO_1_73_090424_X0_Rhodium
StreamingSrcFilter_2_7_19143024_00_Rhodium

If needed, you can find them here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1673

There are other workarounds, like using PKG YouTube_2_5_TEST4_22.07.2009 instead of the included YouTube_2_5_19151528_00_VGA, but this breaks the haptic feedback (Tab vibration) for me.
20th September 2009, 02:48 PM   |  #1130  
OP Moderator Emeritus

2,945 posts
More
@xboomer55:

Much appreciated! Info like this saves me tons of research time!

I'm just coming off of my Manila Kitchen Hiatus ... I'll start looking at the new Manila and supporting apps over the next few weeks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread