Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Tip us?

eras2r
Old
Thanks Meter 1
hilaireg,

For Da_G's 21028 0 5.08 kitchen I simply:

Extracted the Da_G base kitchen for 5.08 (21018 XIP/SYS and 5.08 OEM)
Extracted the leaked 5.08 ATT ROM
Created a new \Packages dir structure based on the 5.08 OEM (I learned alot doing this)

However, currently I am running a 21032 XIP/SYS with the 5.08 OEM. I ported 21032 Topaz with the help of Da_G, pfcsabre, arupenthal and qsqa. 21032 is very fast (21018 was too). But in reading through some of the Topaz info, for 21032 in the boot.rgu, I set:
"DataCacheSize"=dword:00000000 ;Let System Decide
"FatCacheSize"=dword:00000000 ;Let System Decide
...and it seems to work nicely.

If anyone is interested, I can post the ROM/SYS folders for 21032. Just let me know.

-e
Phone: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II ROM: Task650's ICS'd OUT
Backup: AT&T Tilt 2 (Rhodium) ROM: e2 ROM 2.5 RADIO: 4.48.25.20 hardSPL: 0.84.OliNex

If you enjoy my work and would like to support the cause:

hilaireg
Old
Moderator Emeritus - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Extracted the Da_G base kitchen for 5.08 (21018 XIP/SYS and 5.08 OEM)
Just going through it now and was considering doing the same.

Quote:
Extracted the leaked 5.08 ATT ROM
Same as the one from the link in my previous post?

Quote:
Created a new \Packages dir structure based on the 5.08 OEM (I learned alot doing this)
In process; assume you're trying to keep some 'sequencing' logic to make it easier to debug.

Quote:
However, currently I am running a 21032 XIP/SYS with the 5.08 OEM. I ported 21032 Topaz with the help of Da_G, pfcsabre, arupenthal and qsqa.
Haven't tried my hand at a XIP port yet; possible to point me to the 21032 RUU that you used as your baseline? BOOT.RGU settings remind me of the Virtual Memory option in XP.

Quote:
If anyone is interested, I can post the ROM/SYS folders for 21032. Just let me know.
I personally, would appreciate it ... feel kinda guilty though, cause it looks like you've done *all* of the work that I'd end up doing.

Cheers,
Device 1 & 2: HTC Rhodium (aka TouchPRO2/Tilt2)
Device 3 & 4: Apple N89 (aka iPhone 4)

Donations | Forum Rules | Admins/Mods | WIKI | Chef Central | KB555375

pfcsabre
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eras2r View Post
However, currently I am running a 21032 XIP/SYS with the 5.08 OEM. I ported 21032 Topaz with the help of Da_G, pfcsabre, arupenthal and qsqa. 21032 is very fast (21018 was too). But in reading through some of the Topaz info, for 21032 in the boot.rgu, I set:
"DataCacheSize"=dword:00000000 ;Let System Decide
"FatCacheSize"=dword:00000000 ;Let System Decide
...and it seems to work nicely.

-e
e,

I'm not sure about this but I think there should also be a new boot.hv mirrored from your boot.rgu that you've edited

cheers,

-a

hilaireg
Old
(Last edited by hilaireg; 19th March 2009 at 07:24 PM.)
Moderator Emeritus - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Default Radio 1.12.25.19 & RILPHONE2.DLL

Currently on the WWE 5.05 version of the radio - 1.11.25.01.

After reading through the GPS-releated threads and some of the supporting posts here, I downloaded the RAPH_Radio_1.12.25.19 radio package from the radio thread. After unpacking it, I noticed that the package contains the radio .NBH and a RILPHONE2.DLL.

Could someone confirm that I will need to place the RILPHONE2.DLL in the OEMDrivers folder?

Also, I seem to recall that some changes were needed registry-wise to point to the new RILPHONE2.DLL ... but I can't seem to find the threads that spoke to this - probably imagining it

*UPDATE*

According to slawcop's post; the registry change is when one is not replacing rilphone.dll - i.e. using rilphone2.dll with rilphone.dll as a fall back.

(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=808)

So I guess my question is ... does the 5.08 Da_G XIP contain a version of the rilphone.dll file already? I'm guessing yes since the radio wouldn't come online otherwise and that the rilphone2.dll file in the extracted package isn't required.

Advance thanks,

eras2r
Old
Thanks Meter 1
1) There's alot of DEBUG stuff in the OEM folder in Da_G's 5.08 kitchen that doesn't appear in the RUU that I extracted.

What you'll notice going through a shipped ROM is that in \OEM there are lots of packages that are the same. However there are some that are unique to each ROM and Provider (like AT&T/Telus etc...) These dirs contain how that ROM is configured and they are off the top of my head:

ConfigAP
OperatorPkg
OperatorPkg_PT

Da_G removed all of the unneeded crap in the *.rgu and *.provxml files. He also split some this out into other dirs:

1TouchPro
2Fuze

so that ppl can choose the device. If you want to understand what he did then you need to compare the 5 dirs I listed above to the 3 dirs that exist in \OEM from the 5.08 ROM. Evey chef has their own way of doing things. I suggest you grab NATF's kitchen and also dump qsqa's Proven ROM. You'll begin to see how to customize a ROM by looking at what each does in those dirs.

The really big pain is the OEMDrivers dir. That's where you figure out what drivers work best and replace files to fix issues. Also, the 5.08 ROM has lots of files in OEMDrivers. Da_G split some of them out into packages that are selectable in BuildOS (like CommManager). Some shipped ROMs when dumped break things out very nicely. Others are a pain to pick apart. Pfcsabre told me to look through the oldest Blackstone ROM. That one is broken out very nicely and shows what files need to be included in certain packages when migrating them from OEMDrivers to it's own package.

2) DDI.DLL vs HTC_D3DM.DLL vs ATI D3D
DDI.DLL is actually inside of the xip.bin and I belive is the main video driver. In the 5.08 kitchen Da_G used a ddi.dll from a WM6.5 build.
As far as the d3d drivers... the ati drivers work much better than the default htc driver. If you look in the rgu you'll see that there's a registry entry to use the ati driver.

Same as the one from the link in my previous post? YES

In process; assume you're trying to keep some 'sequencing' logic to make it easier to debug.

I was referring to making selectable packages from the ones that exist in \OEM and \SYS. That's why in my packages post a while back there were overlapping directories in the kitchen that need to be removed.

possible to point me to the 21032 RUU that you used as your baseline?

I used XIP.BIN from HERE
I used SYS dump from HERE

does the 5.08 Da_G XIP contain a version of the rilphone.dll

rilphone.dll is in OEMDrivers, and yes Da_G's kitchen uses the rilphone from the 5.08 ROM. No need to change anything.

-e
Backup: AT&T Tilt 2 (Rhodium) ROM: e2 ROM 2.5 RADIO: 4.48.25.20 hardSPL: 0.84.OliNex

eras2r
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfcsabre View Post
e,

I'm not sure about this but I think there should also be a new boot.hv mirrored from your boot.rgu that you've edited

cheers,

-a
pfcsabre,

I ported the 21032 XIP.BIN using XipPorterEx. Also patched for Cert/PP and set PP to 24MB. For the boot.rgu that I'm using, I dumped the original 21032 xip.bin and used it's boot.rgu as the template. Then I added to it all reg entries from the other rgu's. The resulting file I placed in \ROM\XIP.

1) Did I do that correctly? (or should I have copied boot.hv from the 21032 xip.bin into the OUT dir of my ported xip.bin before rebuilding it to xip_out.bin and inserting it into os.nb.payload?)
2) If you add things to the \ROM\XIP dir, will that override what's inside of xip.bin/os.nb.payload?

hilaireg
Old
Moderator Emeritus - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Cheers 'eras2r'

... appreciate your time and clear explanations.

Captain_Throwback
Old
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8714

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaireg View Post
Currently on the WWE 5.05 version of the radio - 1.11.25.01.

After reading through the GPS-releated threads and some of the supporting posts here, I downloaded the RAPH_Radio_1.12.25.19 radio package from the radio thread. After unpacking it, I noticed that the package contains the radio .NBH and a RILPHONE2.DLL.

Could someone confirm that I will need to place the RILPHONE2.DLL in the OEMDrivers folder?

Also, I seem to recall that some changes were needed registry-wise to point to the new RILPHONE2.DLL ... but I can't seem to find the threads that spoke to this - probably imagining it

*UPDATE*

According to slawcop's post; the registry change is when one is not replacing rilphone.dll - i.e. using rilphone2.dll with rilphone.dll as a fall back.

(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=808)

So I guess my question is ... does the 5.08 Da_G XIP contain a version of the rilphone.dll file already? I'm guessing yes since the radio wouldn't come online otherwise and that the rilphone2.dll file in the extracted package isn't required.

Advance thanks,
Yes, you are correct - Da_G's 5.08 Kitchen already includes the rilphone.dll for the 1.12.25.19 radio. So you're good to go!
Device 1: HTC One (M8)/831C | Hardware Version: 0005

Baseband: 1.08.20.0612_4 | PRI: 2.62_003 | PRL: 56019
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

Device 2: HTC Jewel/PJ75100 (EVO 4G LTE) | Hardware Version: 0003

Baseband: 1.13.11.1105 | PRI: 3.02_003 | PRL: 56018
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0b

Device 3: HTC Shooter/PG86100 (EVO 3D) | Hardware Version: 0002
Baseband: 1.09.00.0108 | PRI: 1.55_003 | PRL: 22100
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0

Device 4: HTC Supersonic/PC36100 (EVO 4G) | Hardware Version: 0004
Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

pfcsabre
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eras2r View Post
pfcsabre,

I ported the 21032 XIP.BIN using XipPorterEx. Also patched for Cert/PP and set PP to 24MB. For the boot.rgu that I'm using, I dumped the original 21032 xip.bin and used it's boot.rgu as the template. Then I added to it all reg entries from the other rgu's. The resulting file I placed in \ROM\XIP.

1) Did I do that correctly? (or should I have copied boot.hv from the 21032 xip.bin into the OUT dir of my ported xip.bin before rebuilding it to xip_out.bin and inserting it into os.nb.payload?)
2) If you add things to the \ROM\XIP dir, will that override what's inside of xip.bin/os.nb.payload?
I haven't used Da_G's kitchen but what I do is:

edit boot.rgu from OUT of xip.bin
generate new boot.hv via rgucomp
overwrite old boot.rgu with new boot.rgu
generate xip_out.bin

eras2r
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Updated Kitchen 21032 - 5.08

For those interested, here is an updated version of Da_G's 5.08 kitchen:
* XIP/SYS updated to 21032 Topaz build
* Timebomb removed from OS
* XIP patched for Certs w/24MB PagePool and reduced ULDR partition
* Cache size set to 0 in boot.rgu - this lets windows decide (testing this out... seems good)
* AudioPara3 updated to support MSVC (includes volume boost)
* LargeTitleBar.dll downgraded to 5.05 - fixes landscape overlay issue
Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/21121347...tchen-5.08.rar

Special thanks to Da_G, pfcsabre, arupenthal and qsqa for putting up with the swarm of PM's

-e