5,604,911 Members 33,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I Created Auto-Sign app for update.zip and Launcher.apk! :Possibly abandoned!

Tip us?

damnitpud
Old
(Last edited by damnitpud; 24th January 2009 at 10:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default I Created Auto-Sign app for update.zip and Launcher.apk! :Possibly abandoned!

**UPDATE** This project maybe abandoned, after using Stericson's method i found signing to be much easier. You can find his method here. There has been 26 people who downloaded my tool and if those users want me to continue on this project, i will. but i recommend giving Stericson's method a try. You will still need to make sure both Jave JRE and Java JDK are installed with Stericson's Method and also with his script make sure to type in yes or no, not y or n =).

I would appreciate if anyone using my tool would post here if they want me to continue with this project or not.

Right now it will only sign update.zip,framework-res.apk and Launcher.apk. I am working on adding all of the other apks to this app.

This app was built in Visual Studio 2008, you may need .Net3.5 Framework installed to run it.

To use this app just extract it to a folder.
It includes:
update
-update\app
-update\framework
Auto-Sign.exe
signapk.jar
testkey.pk8
testkey.x509.pem

This app works the same as Dave Da illest 1's autosign.bat. If you have signed themes with dave's method you will be able to use this.

You will need to make sure that Java is installed for this to work, make sure to install JRE and JDK here.

Once you extract the files into a folder, copy a theme's update.zip into the root folder. Extract the the files you will be editing, edit your files, drag them back into the apk use this program to sign the apk, drag the apk back into update.zip and use this program to sign the update.zip.

When signing Launcher.apk or any other app's apk the program will look in:
"whatever folder you extracted to"\update\app.

Please leave me any comments or questions i will try to respond to them. If you have any other ideas or plain think this app sucks and i should delete immediately let me know =)

I will add the updates and some screen shots in the next few days.

::UPDATE:: 01/17/09
I made a few changes to the app, I also added the folders that the program is expecting to be there. Now when you load the app it tells you if the files are found or not. Also I added framework-res.apk to the list to be signed.

I am working on a part of the app that will allow it to check if the original file was signed or not. This way it will not create a _signed.apk or zip.

::UPDATE::: 01/18/09
I have added some labels to the GUI that will tell you if the files are found or not. I changed around the buttons and gave a little bit better description under the read me button. I got rid of the message boxes when you started the app. Comment here and let me know what you think.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Auto-Sign Ver0.50.zip - [Click for QR Code] (48.7 KB, 1477 views)
File Type: zip Auto-Sign v0.60.zip - [Click for QR Code] (79.3 KB, 736 views)
File Type: zip Auto-Sign v0.65.zip - [Click for QR Code] (79.8 KB, 13791 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to damnitpud For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sWuRv
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Sucks.

Just kiddin works fine thank ya. =D

Stericson
Old
Retired Senior Mod / Senior Recognized Developer - Godfather of Android Theming
Thanks Meter 373
I just think you guys are making more work for yourselves by using this version of the signing tool that still creates a double. Why not use the version that overwrites the file with the signed apk, so you will do less work?

Stericson
The Following User Says Thank You to Stericson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

damnitpud
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stericson View Post
I just think you guys are making more work for yourselves by using this version of the signing tool that still creates a double. Why not use the version that overwrites the file with the signed apk, so you will do less work?

Stericson
Hey Stericson, I changed the code in that app so it doesn't write the new signed file. But i noticed the original file didnt change either. Should signing the file change the modified time when you look at the properties? if not there is there another confirmation, to tell the file has been signed?

Stericson
Old
Retired Senior Mod / Senior Recognized Developer - Godfather of Android Theming
Thanks Meter 373
yes it should show a modified time.

stericson

broopa
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Does this work on all apks or just Launcher?

damnitpud
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by broopa View Post
Does this work on all apks or just Launcher?
I am running tests on update.zip, Launcher.apk and framework-res.apk. In the next few days i will release a full blown app that will sign all of the apks that people will be editing.

broopa
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks. I am looking forward to that release. I tried to use the app to resign Launcher.apk and I can't find the Launcher_signed in the app folder.

damnitpud
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by broopa View Post
Thanks. I am looking forward to that release. I tried to use the app to resign Launcher.apk and I can't find the Launcher_signed in the app folder.
Give this new version a try and let know how you like it.

damnitpud
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stericson View Post

Stericson
The way the program is now it is a little more work, but a lot of people don't know anything about system variables and eventually i would like to make the program import the files directly into the correct apks and then push them into the update.zip after they are signed and then sign the update.zip itself.