[urgent] Any Button Shuts Down My Phone

Search This thread

nicematt

Nov 30, 2007
Whenever my phone powers on, if I press any button it will automatically shutdown.

This started happening when I flashed Ricky's V24 Vanilla and continues to do so now with Kavana's Final 080408. Before I flashed Ricky's I had his 1.7 Rose, and before that was an older version of Kavana's. I have tried reflashing on both ROMs and Hard Resets.

Battery is brand new and fully charged. I am using jockeyw2001's modified bootloader if that helps.

THIS IS REALLLLLLY FRUSTRATING :(
Any ideas/help?

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
Whenever my phone powers on, if I press any button it will automatically shutdown.

This started happening when I flashed Ricky's V24 Vanilla and continues to do so now with Kavana's Final 080408. Before I flashed Ricky's I had his 1.7 Rose, and before that was an older version of Kavana's. I have tried reflashing on both ROMs and Hard Resets.

Battery is brand new and fully charged. I am using jockeyw2001's modified bootloader if that helps.

THIS IS REALLLLLLY FRUSTRATING :(
Any ideas/help?
Flash back to an original rom, and follow with a hard reset?

nicematt

Nov 30, 2007
Just flashed an original ROM and I still have the same issue. :/
It seems if I hold a button while it's booting up I don't have the problem. Also, sometimes when I just let it sit for a minute or two before I play with it I don't have a problem.

I guess it's a hardware issue?

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
Just flashed an original ROM and I still have the same issue. :/
It seems if I hold a button while it's booting up I don't have the problem. Also, sometimes when I just let it sit for a minute or two before I play with it I don't have a problem.

I guess it's a hardware issue?
maybe, but at least you know how to work around it

nicematt

Nov 30, 2007
Sorry, it's your ROM too. :p
But yea this sucks. I love my Excalibur...but now I will have to get a new phone and part ways :(
Unless anyone has one (that isn't FUBAR) they want to sell me? :)

stylez

Moderator Emeritus
Sorry, it's your ROM too. :p
But yea this sucks. I love my Excalibur...but now I will have to get a new phone and part ways :(
Unless anyone has one (that isn't FUBAR) they want to sell me? :)

What country you in?
Guessin America with a world like FUBAR :D
Oh and i feel for you but not my ROM blame it on NRG since he always claims it's his :)

Last edited:

Turge

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2008
Hamilton
venomroms.com
When I bought my refurb'd Dash, I had the same problem using T-Mobile's Windows 6.0 ROM. The only way I could prevent having it shut down was to wait 30 seconds to let the screen turn off after booting up. I was then able to use it, but the power button and camera didn't work. I returned it and exchanged it for another and never had the problem since.