XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hows the FM Radio?

Tip us?

dieKatze88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hows the FM Radio?

Well my pair of fuzes should be arriving on Monday or Tuesday so I'm beginning to wonder about some of the other hardware parts. I keep reading that the FM Radio uses the headset as an Antenna. I have a Hermes and the included abysmal headset that came with that, and I have so little intention of using the one that I'm about to get it might make small children cry, so heres the question of the day:

Does the FM Radio work acceptably without the headset? If not, does it work with an adapter and *REAL* headphones?

Not a deal breaker either way, but it would be cool to know.

gezzy
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Hi, I've a Touch Pro on Vodafone UK flashed with ROMeOS² Italian Rom (just to let you know ). I'm using on it the headset controller that i had with my previous phone, an O2 Stellar (Tytn2) and a Sennheiser CX300. Absolutely no problem, and the sound looking great!
Now on your other questions.FM Radio is not working without headset, so you have to put them in the plug, and then FM Radio program will start. Otherwise, if for you is a problem having headset inserted in the phone, you can buy an headset controller (on ebay have a really low price!).
About the headset quality, I had before of Touch Pro, a tytn and a tytn2, and can confirm that the quality is the same, so I never used those!

PS: sorry for my english, I hope you undertand what I'm saying!
No time for losers!

dieKatze88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gezzy View Post
Hi, I've a Touch Pro on Vodafone UK flashed with ROMeOS² Italian Rom (just to let you know ). I'm using on it the headset controller that i had with my previous phone, an O2 Stellar (Tytn2) and a Sennheiser CX300. Absolutely no problem, and the sound looking great!
Now on your other questions.FM Radio is not working without headset, so you have to put them in the plug, and then FM Radio program will start. Otherwise, if for you is a problem having headset inserted in the phone, you can buy an headset controller (on ebay have a really low price!).
About the headset quality, I had before of Touch Pro, a tytn and a tytn2, and can confirm that the quality is the same, so I never used those!

PS: sorry for my english, I hope you undertand what I'm saying!
Thanks alot! that actually answers everything.

Dont worry, I've read my fair share of very broken english, you're miles ahead of many people.

kgbeezr1
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I've had trouble getting stations in clearly using a variety of headphones, but it does work.

dieKatze88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbeezr1 View Post
I've had trouble getting stations in clearly using a variety of headphones, but it does work.
I live fairly close to New York City, so this may in fact be a YMMV. How far off are most of your radio stations?

elivne
Old
Thanks Meter 0
better then the diamonds radio

mviana
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Radio program works great for me. It just depends on what kind of area you are in like the poster said a few above me with buildings in NYC. Headphones are ok that I got with my Hermes.

hidden_hunter
Old
Thanks Meter 2
The other route to take of course is streaming radio but that will probably take more battery life than FM.

BottleFed
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i DL the one for the fuse and my headset doesnt work as an antenna..... i wonder if i used another phone headset if i could pick up any other radio stations????

flatbushe21
Old
Thanks Meter 0
is there a cab file for the fm radio?