XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Updated 3-3-09 - JFv1.43 for UK RC9 firmware! also ADP 1.5 post 2

Tip us?

mannyb
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFreke View Post
that's.. strange . Are you sure you put the right file on your sdcard?
Pretty sure, though I did get an I/O error the first time I tried to transfer the file from my PC to the phone/SD card. I guess something might have gone wrong in the transfer, even though I had no error messages the second time around.

I'll start over and see if it works better this time around.
Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it
--Manny Bianco

redrim
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Yep, looks freshish to me . I'm a bit surprised it worked without a wipe. but hey, if it works it works
Yeah, I did so many wipes today other than now that it's probably feeling pretty raw...

It's nice to have multitouch w/ the browser in this custom build. Too bad it won't be in the standard builds (if ever) so that more apps would take advantage of the functionality

The new maps is a lot better now too It went from 1.x (useless compared to the berry's maps) to 3.0

Now we just need an updated gmail client so that it can more on par with the one for berry (I miss the multiple accounts access)

mannyb
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
that's.. strange . Are you sure you put the right file on your sdcard?
Well second time's the charm, this time it worked perfectly (and no wipe nor 1.31 splash needed). I guess the file transfer somehow failed and corrupted the file the first time.

Many thanks!
Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it
--Manny Bianco

mitchell.flores
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help!

Everytime I reboot it and wen I press alt+L and then alt+s it says failed...I download all the zips and renamed it to update.zip but still it says failed..can someone help me?..I'm doing it from my phone and I use the linda task manager.

MontAlbert
Old
(Last edited by MontAlbert; 11th February 2009 at 07:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 144
so i need to redo the apps to sd card hack once i install this over the previous JF 1.41 ADP1.1? which commands have to be done? or do i do it all again?

Do i have to remove the cache etc as well?

eg. for the browser cache which commands do still need to out of:

cd /data/data/com.android.browser/cache
rm -R webviewCache
mkdir /sdcard/cache/webviewCache
ln -s /sdcard/cache/webviewCache webviewCache

MontAlbert
Old
Thanks Meter 144
is a wipe required to go from adp1.1 1.41 to adp 1.42?

schizox
Old
Thanks Meter 2
what about the radio update, i do see a radio img on the ota zip file

im guessing its the same as the one for RC33 thats already posted on the OP ??
file size is the same and all
HTC Dream x3 - Dead
HTC Hero - Sold
Samsung Captivate - Zombie
Samsung Galaxy S2 - Sold

Google Nexus 7 FHD (2013)

alanine
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can't Join Latitute in ADP1.1

I flashed my G1 with the new JF 1.42 ADP 1.1 version (previously in JF 1.41 RC33).

I did a wipe before and after the update.

I did NOT flash the radio update again, because I already did once (baseband version now ends with 1.22.14.11)

Everything works great, but after I pressed "Join Latitute" in the Maps application, and then pressed "Agree & share", it will keep "Saving your selection..." forever. I can press the "back" button to come out of the situation, but I cannot get Latitute activated.

I have tried both WIFI and EDGE, both failed. I have no problem surfing the web or doing other stuff online.

Does anyone face the same problem? any suggestion how to solve this? Thanks.

savethechicken
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanine View Post
I flashed my G1 with the new JF 1.42 ADP 1.1 version (previously in JF 1.41 RC33).

I did a wipe before and after the update.

I did NOT flash the radio update again, because I already did once (baseband version now ends with 1.22.14.11)

Everything works great, but after I pressed "Join Latitute" in the Maps application, and then pressed "Agree & share", it will keep "Saving your selection..." forever. I can press the "back" button to come out of the situation, but I cannot get Latitute activated.

I have tried both WIFI and EDGE, both failed. I have no problem surfing the web or doing other stuff online.

Does anyone face the same problem? any suggestion how to solve this? Thanks.
Im having the same problem with the saving your location. I even tried a wipe and it didn't help. I didn't have any trouble saving selections on RC33 though. So it is something with this build.
//\\HTC Sensation//\\
Android Revolution HD 6.5.1

start_developing
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have updated to 1.42 ADP1.1h but can't find the latitude feature could someone point me to it?