4Pockets guitar tunner works just as good as my PC tunner and is more responsive than the $25 chromatic tunners sold out there. It also allows me to connect my phone to any sound system and record music with (by far) better quality than using the phone's built in microphone and placing it next to the speakers.
Just in case anyone is interested on how to do it, this is the procedure I followed:
- Buy any inexpensive hands free with 3.5 mm jack and integrated microphone, there are many on ebay at less than $3 incluiding shipping.
- Open the hands free on the microphone side, you should see the microphone, a push button (to answer calls) and the 3.5 mm jack.
- The jack has 3 cables soldered on to it, remove the two that make contact with the tip and center of the plug (this leaves only the ground cable connected to its base, which is probably black)
- The microphone has 2 cables, one is ground and is probably black, remove the other one and solder it to the jack, in order for it to make contact with the tip of the plug (make sure it's on the tip and not in the center contact).
- Make sure the exposed tips of the cables you removed from the jack don´t touch any other cable.
- Seal the adapter
- Voilá, now you have a mini-usb microphone adapter for your HTC.
I don´t know what could happen if you make a short circuit, and i'm not willing to try it.