Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 41,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motorbike weatherproof box?

Tip us?

XOMYT
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Motorbike weatherproof box?

Hi all!

I'm searching for some kind of weatherproof box to use on my Dragstar.
Something not too bulky and with recharge connection possibility.
So, if anyone has ever made or bought this kind of fixation, please, share your experience!

For now I'm using Krusell BikeHolder with PDair Aluminium Case and thinking about Krusell ORBIT FLEX. Both are not weatherproof, so just for café rides...

Thanks!

matt_not_andrew
Old
Thanks Meter 4
The product you are looking for is the Otterbox 3600 - my mates use them on their trail bikes and they are the dogs danglies. It is big and bulky byt it is crush proof and waterproof. you need to buy the box (about £60) and a handlebar mount. they also have an access hatch top and bottom to run leads through for charging and headphones.

Good luck and post pics

XOMYT
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks, matt_not_andrew. I know them well, even thought about Armor 2600, but it is still a little bulky. I don't make trial rides, just highways' journeys, so a good rain protection can be enough.

Thanks anyway for an advice!

fjellborg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_not_andrew View Post
The product you are looking for is the Otterbox 3600 - my mates use them on their trail bikes and they are the dogs danglies. It is big and bulky byt it is crush proof and waterproof. you need to buy the box (about £60) and a handlebar mount. they also have an access hatch top and bottom to run leads through for charging and headphones.

Good luck and post pics
Hello. I have ordered the Otterbox 1900 and it will be interesting to how to fit my Blackbird ..

custardo01
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My DIY approach:-

I bought a transparent pencil case for 30 pence and cut it to size around the Blackstone. Sewed up the edges with linen thread and glue and kept the zip on one side for inserting the phone. I had a handlebar mount from an old TomTom Rider unit and I attach my case with the phone on to this mount using heavy duty velcro. I made a little whole at the bottom of the case to accept the usb lead for charging from the cigarette lighter socket. It never comes off but I attached a piece of string/cord on the zip which clips around the handlebars in case it ever did fall off.

It's probably not completely waterproof at the seams but I have used it in all weathers and not had any problems so far.

I recently glued an old bicycle inner tube around the seam edges cut to size to give it extra protection. Not the prettiest but very light and functional. Use it a lot on my motorbike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0782.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	158653  

Riceburner
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Aquapak and velcro.
Non quod, sed quomodo
Sony Xperia Z (C6603) (build 10.3.1.A.2.67) (n-r): Holo Launcher HD.

fishes234
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've had a RAM mount for a while now and use it on my Thundercat. Cost about fifty quid including the aquabox, arm and mount for handlebars and it works a treat. I've only had my HD for a couple of days and haven't tried it in the box to see if it fits yet (I used to use it with orbit 2 and it fit with room to spare). I'll try it this weekend though.

fishes234
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Just checked and the Touch HD fits in the RAM mount aquabox

XOMYT
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Super! Can you tell me which one exactly?

funk1980
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishes234 View Post
Just checked and the Touch HD fits in the RAM mount aquabox
Cool! I'm at the verge of ordering the Ram mount Aqua box with handlebar fixture. But would like to know in what size box the HD fits (I suspect the medium...) and if it fits well in there (no sliding around or anything). So any info will be much appreciated.
http://www.fittingmedia.nl/divers/phonelist.jpg
ROM Dutty's 3.9 Turbo- Radio 1.14.25.24

Tags
motorbike weatherproof