Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,844 Members 50,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which change implemented would be most effective
Question and Answer before being allowed to post 22 7.91%
A membership fee 10 3.60%
A time period before the user can post 31 11.15%
A peer rating system 27 9.71%
Chefs to have complete control of their thread (you know this is really not an option right?) 108 38.85%
Email to include conduct policy when joining the site 6 2.16%
A cookie that validates they have ready certain pages 9 3.24%
A point system flagged by other users 30 10.79%
A dedicated forum for users to ask 'silly questions' 35 12.59%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

A change we MUST make to the Raphael Forum!

Tip us?

scotchua
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_pour View Post
I'd be willing to write up a tutorial, or even a short bit of help if an admin would agree to link/include it on the search page. I have NEVER had to ask for help on any issue on this forum because I've always found the answer within a couple search attempts and a little reading. I know I can get the answer a lot faster by looking for it myself than posting and hoping that somebody will take the time to answer. As far as I'm concerned, searching for the answer IS instant gratification.
I would begin by posting it in the wiki, but i can think of several other places we might link it, including the newly updated rules. Also, you can PM Flar (the admin) about adding a link to it from the search page, I don't know how much work it would be, but she would.

speed_pour
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbunny View Post
I total agree with you, Its all about discovering
WIKI would be a good place for that also for other subforums here. Its a good to start with
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchua View Post
I would begin by posting it in the wiki, but i can think of several other places we might link it, including the newly updated rules. Also, you can PM Flar (the admin) about adding a link to it from the search page, I don't know how much work it would be, but she would.
I'll write up a full version for the wiki and a paraphrased version that (IMHO) would fit well on the search page.

While I'm not intimately familiar with vBulletin, I think changing/adding content to a static page should be trivial.....but it's up to the powers that be if they think it's worth putting it there.
Current Toys

Phones: Nexus 4, HTC One, Blackberry Z10, iPhone 4
Tablets: Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 7510, Blackberry Playbook

Old Toys

HTC Inspire 4g (Desire HD/Ace), HTC Raphael (AT&T Fuze),HTC Polaris (Touch Cruise),HTC Cingular 2125 (Tornado), Dell Axim x3, HP Jornada 548

speed_pour
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default Advanced Search Tutorial

I posted the search tutorial on the wiki at How to use Advanced Search on XDA-Developers Forum

All are welcome to comment, fix, post scathing flames regarding typos....whatever. Let me know if I over-formatted it.
Current Toys

Phones: Nexus 4, HTC One, Blackberry Z10, iPhone 4
Tablets: Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 7510, Blackberry Playbook

Old Toys

HTC Inspire 4g (Desire HD/Ace), HTC Raphael (AT&T Fuze),HTC Polaris (Touch Cruise),HTC Cingular 2125 (Tornado), Dell Axim x3, HP Jornada 548