It was initially in russian and a different resolution, but a team of great people (AllTheWay, CloudyFa, fhiesh, Yozi and last, but not least myself) helped traslate it English and 10 other lanaguages.
This first post is for the english version, for VGA devices only. CAB's for QVGA and WVGA devices, can be found three posts down.
Please read the information below before you install any of the cabs in this thread and PLEASE search before you post questions.
- Yota Contacts completely replaces the built in windows Contacts application.
- New dialer that's much faster then the built in dialer.
- Favorites groups
- Better onscreen keyboard\
- Much more, which I'm sure you'll find once you install it and play around...
- Will NOT read your SIM contacts. You would have to copy them to the phone memory if you want to use Yota Contacts.
- No easy VoiceMail access (holding down 1 doesn't work). The "New Voicemail" link on TF3D's homescreen also doesn't work.
- No "face down mute" feature.
- No "bluetooth on/off switch" while in a call.
- No "Slide to Answer".
- No "Company Directory" lookup if you're hooked up to a company Exchange server.
- This app doesn't display special characters in the contact names.
- S2U2's caller ID functions HAVE to be disabled if you have the Yota Dialer also installed. (S2U2 conflicts with the Yota Dialer)
- If you have a password lock on the phone, it will impede your ability to answer the phone quickly, because you will have to input the password before you can hit "Answer" on the screen.
- No video calling or "Videoshare" (yet)
Most of the minuses listed above can be avoided by simply installing the Yota Contacts application ONLY. You will find cabs for that at the end of this post.
Please keep in mind that none of the people involved in translating this application, actually developed it. This application came from the HTC Quartz, which is a WiMax phone operating on the Yota network in Russia. Therefore, any requests you might have, to add this or that, CAN NOT, and I can't stress this enough, CAN NOT, even be considered. The reason ? We don't have the source code for the applications included in this package. All we can do is make graphical skin changes or translations to other languages... to a point. Also, the keyboard can't be extracted either, it's an integral part of YotaContacts.exe.
One more thing to remember is this app takes up quite a bit of RAM (about 9 megs for the full version and about 4-5 for the Yota Contacts only version), which on a Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch HD, etc is not really an issue, since we have plenty of RAM. On a QVGA device, you should consider this before installing it, ESPECIALLY if you only have 64 Megs of RAM to start with.
The application takes a few seconds (at least) to start the first time you use it after you turn the phone on. It's recommended to keep it running in the background after first use, instead of closing it down. You can easily setup an "exception" in HTC's task manager for it.
The cabs don't modify any of the softkeys on the Today screen, but if you would like a link anyway, you can download a cab from the second post to do that.
Now, on to the good stuff.
The following three cabs contain the Yota Contacts and the Yota Dialer application. They both take over the Contacts and Dialer function of your operating system. You HAVE to reboot after install these cabs, even if the installation wizard doesn't prompt you to.
Base VGA version + Dialer >
TF3D skin version + Dialer(shown in the last screenshot) >
Skin1 skin version + Dialer(shown in the next to last two screenshots) >
The following cabs contain ONLY the Yota Contacts application, the Yota Dialer has been left out. These cabs also work with CDMA devices (Alltel, Telus, Sprint, Verizon, etc...)
Base VGA: Download
TF3D VGA(shown in the last screenshot): Download
Skin1 version(shown in the next to last two screenshots): Download