Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 37,742 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

614c radio firmware v0.89 (and a solution to the call waiting problem) WITH LINKS

Tip us?

hipppo
Old
(Last edited by hipppo; 10th February 2009 at 08:56 PM.) Reason: Added links
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 614c radio firmware v0.89 (and a solution to the call waiting problem) WITH LINKS

Good news!

hp have packaged up 614c radio firmware FW v0.89 and are shortly to release it. Early indications are that this provides a fix to the "call waiting problem", as well as improved in-call volume in both directions... and presumably other minor fixes.

A radio firmware upgrade can be performed irrespective of whichever system ROM you are using - so whether you use the original WM6.0, or a WM6.1 version, you can still apply the radio firmware upgrade without affecting the operating system or OS ROM version.

However, the upgrade will automatically perform a clean boot, so take all the necessary backups first and be prepared for a couple of hours of effort to "rebuild" your precious ipaq...

Netzmark
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hipppo,

It is realy good news, but could you, pls, place some link to this 0.89 firmware upgrade or write its SP version? Cannot find it at HP site, maybe I have some wrong search method :)

BTW: as to some your prior post about Yevg001's tests with loosing data connection when voice comes - he couldn't test it in Moscow because he lives in Jerusalem :) But as I know he works there just with 3G, just maybe he didn't test this feature... But now he sold his 614c so we cannot count on new OS releases from him. Maybe not definitely but it something appears then it will be not tested from now :(

TheLastOne
Old
Thanks Meter 4
oh wow, that's huge. Lets hope they release this thing ASAP.
Telus HTC Desire
Oxygen v2.0-RC6

Netzmark
Old
(Last edited by Netzmark; 6th February 2009 at 09:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry for misunderstanding... afraid it will not be too quick looking on their speed...

If anyone will find how to downgrade firmware to 0.77 or its SP name, pls write...

hipppo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I now have the radio firmware v0.89. It works well.

The call waiting problem is not present. It is possible to use voice and data concurrently. I haven't noticed any problems yet.

If someone can show me how to make a file available for everyone, I will post it. The radio firmware is about 6Mb and an additional patch (0.25Mb) is required to resolve the call waiting problem.

hipppo

hipppo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
And by the way this is an official hp firmware pack... with the standard hp executable that patches your radio firmware to v0.89. No messing around with SD-cards or flash files is required, it just runs through a USB/activesync connection.

It does not affect the OS firmware - whatever OS ROM image you have (whether WM6 or WM6.1) will not be affected.

However, it will cause a clean boot so you'll need to reinstall any non-ROM software and data.

hipppo

kancrutt
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipppo View Post
I now have the radio firmware v0.89. It works well.

The call waiting problem is not present. It is possible to use voice and data concurrently. I haven't noticed any problems yet.

If someone can show me how to make a file available for everyone, I will post it. The radio firmware is about 6Mb and an additional patch (0.25Mb) is required to resolve the call waiting problem.

hipppo
upload here my friend or u can upload to 4shared or mediafire

Wabby
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If it doesn't affect the OS rom, why is it doing a clean boot?

axlastro
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hippo, mail it to me axlastro@gmail.com, I'll find a way to upload it. Is it fixing the auto shutdown issue btw.

soldato
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipppo View Post
And by the way this is an official hp firmware pack... with the standard hp executable that patches your radio firmware to v0.89. No messing around with SD-cards or flash files is required, it just runs through a USB/activesync connection.

It does not affect the OS firmware - whatever OS ROM image you have (whether WM6 or WM6.1) will not be affected.

However, it will cause a clean boot so you'll need to reinstall any non-ROM software and data.

hipppo
hi hipppo,

but who gives ou this radio fw? or did HP return you a 614 with radio fw 0.89?