More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

[Updated 07-Apr-2009] DeviceUpdate v2.1.1.1 released! Over 1,000,000 apps served!

OP CRCinAU

8th February 2009, 06:01 PM   |  #11  
Flag Alexandria,Egypt
Thanks Meter: 12

480 posts
More
This is great !!

thanks!
8th February 2009, 07:02 PM   |  #12  
Flag Roma
Thanks Meter: 0

262 posts
More
i'm waiting for i780 support
8th February 2009, 08:29 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

108 posts
device update is looking good on my hermes but I lost support for the titan :(.... any chance of adding titan back to supported devices...

list of stuff that doesn't work with titan
button 5 fix
camera support
comm vibe
flashlight
htc connection wizard
htc Home - works but setup for keyboard on hermes so the screen is upside down when you open the keyboard.
8th February 2009, 09:51 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 12

70 posts
In reply to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=88

Quote:

Just one minor issue, only one occurence, not reproducible: Somehow the connection to your server must have gotten interrupted when I selected to download and install a program. The error was not caught by your program, but instead after about 60 seconds freeze, the .Net Framework (I assume?) threw an unknown error("no error messages installed...").

Quote:

Is it just one program that does it, or a few different ones?

I guess it is not related to just one program. It happend, after chosing Shap's Advanced Config.

My bug report just related to the fact, that the error was not brought up by the program itself. Turning Wifi off and on made everything work again and the app installed on second try.

(My Hermes does not stay reliably connected to the internet, this is not an "Device Update" issue. WiFi stys connected, but DNS or TCP packets will get lost. This instability of internet connectivity has lead to the error reported)
8th February 2009, 10:55 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 27

1,117 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyd

device update is looking good on my hermes but I lost support for the titan :(.... any chance of adding titan back to supported devices...

list of stuff that doesn't work with titan
button 5 fix
camera support
comm vibe
flashlight
htc connection wizard
htc Home - works but setup for keyboard on hermes so the screen is upside down when you open the keyboard.

Titan support wasn't intentional before - now it will be It also means that when CABs are submitted, the developers can choose which devices to install on. This gives us the ability to have QVGA, VGA and other resolution apps - as well as app specific stuff.

While the narrowed device support seems like a step backwards at the moment, it is actually a huge step forwards - as the only actions now required is backend support for these devices.

And, seeing as you provided a lot of into that I needed, I'll add Titan support in the next hour or so.

Edit: Oh, and are there any other OEM codes for the Titan than TITA100?

Edit 2: And any reason why htc connection wizard doesn't work on the titans?
Last edited by CRCinAU; 8th February 2009 at 11:05 PM.
8th February 2009, 11:52 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

1,117 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've added support for Titans & Polaris devices today.

If people with these devices could test it out and post any applications that don't work on your device, I'll go through and update things.
9th February 2009, 12:45 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 18

873 posts
thought of combining forces with gecko?

or maybe jak portal?

I am pretty sure there are even one or two more of these types of apps that have popped up recently, but can't remember the app or dev names just now.

If ALL of you guys could really combine forces I'm sure we would have an absolutely AMAZING app manager application!

...Looking good...
9th February 2009, 12:54 AM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

1,117 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim256

thought of combining forces with gecko?

or maybe jak portal?

Yes and no. Device Update came along quite some time ago, but was only developed on the Hermes... v1 of Device Update came out around 5 months ago from memory - maybe longer.

While the apps above sound ok, I have serious concerns about the technical side of how they run things - which is why for the moment I have just improved Device Update. At the moment, the current v2 infrastructure serves up around 400 cabs per hour. Since the v2 release on the 7th of this month, I've already served up nearly 6,500 cabs! This load seems to be unsustainable with some other project similar to Device Update.

Quote:

I am pretty sure there are even one or two more of these types of apps that have popped up recently, but can't remember the app or dev names just now.

If ALL of you guys could really combine forces I'm sure we would have an absolutely AMAZING app manager application!

...Looking good...

Yeah - there's been a few and I got more and more frustrated at some of the major shortcomings in the newer projects - hence why I sad down for about a month and re-wrote Device Update into what it is now. The good part is that it's a VERY stable and VERY scalable infrastructure now and will work with all Windows Mobile devices once I get around to working out compatibility issues with applications.

This will take a little while as I take the safer approach as to make sure an application won't kill a device. After this is done, I can look at the options for a better UI.

This being said, when re-writing Device Update, I went through over 30 different designs for the UI, and I couldn't find a way to present all the information required in a good way. After the backend settles down, I'll focus a bit more on making things user friendly.
Last edited by CRCinAU; 9th February 2009 at 12:58 AM.
9th February 2009, 01:07 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 18

873 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCinAU

Yes and no. Device Update came along quite some time ago, but was only developed on the Hermes... v1 of Device Update came out around 5 months ago from memory - maybe longer.

While the apps above sound ok, I have serious concerns about the technical side of how they run things - which is why for the moment I have just improved Device Update. At the moment, the current v2 infrastructure serves up around 400 cabs per hour. Since the v2 release on the 7th of this month, I've already served up nearly 6,500 cabs! This load seems to be unsustainable with some other project similar to Device Update.

Yeah - there's been a few and I got more and more frustrated at some of the major shortcomings in the newer projects - hence why I sad down for about a month and re-wrote Device Update into what it is now. The good part is that it's a VERY stable and VERY scalable infrastructure now and will work with all Windows Mobile devices once I get around to working out compatibility issues with applications.

This will take a little while as I take the safer approach as to make sure an application won't kill a device. After this is done, I can look at the options for a better UI.

This being said, when re-writing Device Update, I went through over 30 different designs for the UI, and I couldn't find a way to present all the information required in a good way. After the backend settles down, I'll focus a bit more on making things user friendly.

Ok, thanks for the response.

Very understandable, I figured something like that may be the issue.

I will be sure to give yours a try!

Thanks,
Jim.
9th February 2009, 01:22 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 20

606 posts
Very cool.

Ah damn doesn't work for the Fuze.
Last edited by ZzFDKzZ; 9th February 2009 at 02:20 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device update, deviceupdate
Previous Thread Next Thread