Just one minor issue, only one occurence, not reproducible: Somehow the connection to your server must have gotten interrupted when I selected to download and install a program. The error was not caught by your program, but instead after about 60 seconds freeze, the .Net Framework (I assume?) threw an unknown error("no error messages installed...").
Is it just one program that does it, or a few different ones?
device update is looking good on my hermes but I lost support for the titan :(.... any chance of adding titan back to supported devices...
list of stuff that doesn't work with titan
button 5 fix
htc connection wizard
htc Home - works but setup for keyboard on hermes so the screen is upside down when you open the keyboard.
I am pretty sure there are even one or two more of these types of apps that have popped up recently, but can't remember the app or dev names just now.
If ALL of you guys could really combine forces I'm sure we would have an absolutely AMAZING app manager application!
Yes and no. Device Update came along quite some time ago, but was only developed on the Hermes... v1 of Device Update came out around 5 months ago from memory - maybe longer.
While the apps above sound ok, I have serious concerns about the technical side of how they run things - which is why for the moment I have just improved Device Update. At the moment, the current v2 infrastructure serves up around 400 cabs per hour. Since the v2 release on the 7th of this month, I've already served up nearly 6,500 cabs! This load seems to be unsustainable with some other project similar to Device Update.
Yeah - there's been a few and I got more and more frustrated at some of the major shortcomings in the newer projects - hence why I sad down for about a month and re-wrote Device Update into what it is now. The good part is that it's a VERY stable and VERY scalable infrastructure now and will work with all Windows Mobile devices once I get around to working out compatibility issues with applications.
This will take a little while as I take the safer approach as to make sure an application won't kill a device. After this is done, I can look at the options for a better UI.
This being said, when re-writing Device Update, I went through over 30 different designs for the UI, and I couldn't find a way to present all the information required in a good way. After the backend settles down, I'll focus a bit more on making things user friendly.
|device update, deviceupdate|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|