Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Modding Battery for your BA

OP hnyuk49

8th February 2009, 03:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 7

126 posts
Due to its big display, battery of BA often drains very fast so we need powerful supply. A guy from PDAviet has come up with a new solution. He uses two Nokia BL 5C standard battery to make better, longer & more powerful batt than the original one.

All credit go to trongkhoi_designcorp (PDAViet)

Detail Tutorials can be found here:
Code:
http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpdaviet.net%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D45908&sl=vi&tl=en
You need two good BL-5C Nokia Battery and some simple tools to do this. Hope you guys can manage it thru these illustrations below. Here we go

* Step 1: Unhousing

* Step 2:

* Product:

[IMG]http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6376/vtc0157ku6.jpg

Give it a try and see. It's very easy. This new modded batt much better than original BA one. Sorry for my English.
8th February 2009, 03:35 PM   |  #2  
Flag Warszowice
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
More
Great !!!

That means I have a chance to "repair" my battery for low price

Thank You Very Much!!

If anyone made it , please write here how it works ( how much time BA is working on this modded battery)

Thx
8th February 2009, 04:12 PM   |  #3  
Flag paris

431 posts
More
good idea
hi,good idea but there is 4 poles in BA,and nokia hav 3 poles,how did u connect the 2 batteries?i think parallel,but the poles,and + & -,how did u know?give us good map to connect it exactly,thnx
8th February 2009, 04:30 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hanoi

126 posts
plz refer to the link (google translated) for more details. After unhousing the BA batt (using a knife to remove the batt label), you will see the 2 separated connectors (-) and (+) in the small circuit -which tells the phone when the batt is fully charged.

on the BL-5C, there are 3 poles, but you only need to care about the (+) one, which you can find printed on the shell. the (-) is the metal core of the batt.

just open the BA batt and you can find it easy (with the help of the pictures above)
8th February 2009, 04:49 PM   |  #5  
Flag paris

431 posts
More
thnx
but there is a simple question,we need for this circuit? or we dont use it?
and the current will icrease twice,i think,thnx
8th February 2009, 04:54 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hanoi

126 posts
You dont need to remove the small circuit like in the pic above, just keep it and use two original connectors of the batt if you like. have a look:

The original BA batt also contains two small batt (like two BL-5C) but with smaller capacity to make a total of 1490mAh.

You can replace these two original batts with other two 1020mAh BL-5C to make a total power of 2040mAh. Remember that the total capacity of the two new batts shouldn't exceed 2000mAh as the chager can stand a maximum of 2000mAh.
Last edited by hnyuk49; 8th February 2009 at 04:56 PM.
8th February 2009, 05:03 PM   |  #7  
Flag paris

431 posts
More
so nice
nice work,thnx for this good idea,i will try it,it is will increase the time of the battery work time,thnx again.
8th February 2009, 05:04 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hanoi

126 posts
we need to keep the curcuit as it will tell the fone the remain power of the batt and when it is fully charged. if you are noobie, just keep the original connectors. or you use a soldering tool to solder the wire directly to the circut (like the illutrastions)
9th February 2009, 03:43 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2

115 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnyuk49

You dont need to remove the small circuit like in the pic above, just keep it and use two original connectors of the batt if you like. have a look:

The original BA batt also contains two small batt (like two BL-5C) but with smaller capacity to make a total of 1490mAh.

You can replace these two original batts with other two 1020mAh BL-5C to make a total power of 2040mAh. Remember that the total capacity of the two new batts shouldn't exceed 2000mAh as the chager can stand a maximum of 2000mAh.

2020mAh is the battery capacity (see - it says mA-hour) and 2000mA is maximum charging current (for the charger, it is about 300mA when you charge it on USB). So if you put bigger battery - it will take longer to be fully charged. I'm planing to put 4 cells for a long time, but I'll have to make a bigger plastic back for the battery.

p.s. while removing allu-battery cover, you will certainly break some little plastic holders so it will look a little messy, but when you put it on the phone it looks as new
9th February 2009, 12:36 PM   |  #10  
Flag Cebu
Thanks Meter: 4

239 posts
More
how to tell if your mod battery is indeed 2020mAh ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, modding
Previous Thread Next Thread