Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,212 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Shift Debug Tools and SD access

Tip us?

lucid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default HTC Shift Debug Tools and SD access

Dear All,

Just installed the 1.29 which enables voice calling (but no mic).

I noticed that there's a full suite of debug tools on this rom, and especially interesting are :

QXdmSDlog.exe - seems to be able to write to SD ! (I coudn;t get it to work yet)

Debugtools 3.2 (one can set the radio flags in here, and also enable USB bridging it seems

GPSRouter.exe seems to be able to route GPS info to the Vista part (unconfirmed)

I wonder if there's anyone who has done some testing with these three debugtools, and what success they have.

I set the radio flags to 4xx as described, but the SD tool won't log to SD yet.

There's a difference in DebugTools, one has to access them from the SnapVue settings icon, not from the start menu...

shawankit
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please dump the tools and attach on this thread

Hi,
Appreciate if you can copy the tools or the folder (HTC Debug folder) and zip and attach it here on this thread

saiweb
Old
(Last edited by saiweb; 29th April 2009 at 02:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Dear All,

Just installed the 1.29 which enables voice calling (but no mic).

I noticed that there's a full suite of debug tools on this rom, and especially interesting are :

QXdmSDlog.exe - seems to be able to write to SD ! (I coudn;t get it to work yet)

Debugtools 3.2 (one can set the radio flags in here, and also enable USB bridging it seems

GPSRouter.exe seems to be able to route GPS info to the Vista part (unconfirmed)

I wonder if there's anyone who has done some testing with these three debugtools, and what success they have.

I set the radio flags to 4xx as described, but the SD tool won't log to SD yet.

There's a difference in DebugTools, one has to access them from the SnapVue settings icon, not from the start menu...
I have tested with BTRouter and BTTest and found by disabling the port you could write to COM8 and once you disable it USB port would go away.

If you could provide me the tools you are talking about and the ROM, I can take a look into that.

Note: I can say one thing, since the SD is not activated, probably SD tool wont log to SD. I may be wrong too, that tool might be activating it too.

Thanks
Ram