Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 50,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

sd card wont mount/g1 wont read it

Tip us?

scriblz07
Old
(Last edited by scriblz07; 11th February 2009 at 01:02 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post sd card wont mount/g1 wont read it

well i was trying to run the app through the sd card.so i patitioned my card and wat not.but now the phone says "sd removed"please insert a card".i formatted the card so many times and still wont work.any help/suggestions how to fix my sd card
thanx

andonnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriblz07 View Post
well i was trying to run the app through the sd card.so i patitioned my card and wat not.but now the phone says "sd removed"please insert a card".i formatted the card so many times and still wont work.any help/suggestions how to fix my sd card
thanx
remove the card from the phone first. reboot. put the card back in. go and delete all the partitions on your card using your partition program. Recreate the FAT32 and EXT2 partitions.

T-mobile G2X
Gingerbread

flcl
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default sd card wont mount/g1 wont....

Maybe the g1 has a headache!

Keep an eye on the sdcard by going to menu.settings.sdcard... that should tell you the status. Re-boot usually gets rid of all my problems if my phone does not read my card for watever reason.

scriblz07
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by andonnguyen View Post
remove the card from the phone first. reboot. put the card back in. go and delete all the partitions on your card using your partition program. Recreate the FAT32 and EXT2 partitions.
i removed it so many times and rebooted so many times it still wont get it.i tried with another sd card and still wont read it.i deleted the partition and formatted the card.but no signs of working

flcl
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
i removed it so many times and rebooted so many times it still wont get it.i tried with another sd card and still wont read it.i deleted the partition and formatted the card.but no signs of working
try another computer, if your using the same one.

andonnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 3
damn I got the same problem now lol. even worse, i needed the DREAIMG.nbh that was on my sd card, but now that doesnt work anymore.

T-mobile G2X
Gingerbread

scriblz07
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by flcl View Post
try another computer, if your using the same one.
yea thats wat im doing now.im formatting it on my laptop.also how come a connect the phone through usb and i mount the card it wont come up on My Computer as a removable disk??

flcl
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
yea thats wat im doing now.im formatting it on my laptop.also how come a connect the phone through usb and i mount the card it wont come up on My Computer as a removable disk??
Its been a while since I fooled around with the sdcard and usb... but... I do remember installing some drivers for something or another (let me see what it was and if it is related some how... ) ill get back to you....

scriblz07
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok.thanx.do you mean the adb interface drivers??because i have that installed

haitiankid4lyf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
try turning on USB debugging