Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,481 Members 54,466 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

App to disable/enable threaded messaging

Tip us?

frauhottelmann
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 125

DONATE TO ME
Default App to disable/enable threaded messaging

I just got my hands on the new Shadow 2009 ROM and I found a nice little app that will enable or disable the threaded messaging of you 6.1 ROM!
Copy it anywhere on the phone and run it. Then choose "Classic" or "Threaded" and click done and reboot!
Done
Attached Files
File Type: zip SMSInboxThreading.zip - [Click for QR Code] (11.2 KB, 202 views)
Samsung Galaxy S i9000 CM10.1 Nightly

birdibird
Old
(Last edited by birdibird; 11th February 2009 at 09:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
perfect!
it works great

you don't even have to restart. just kill the outlook/text messages process (tmail.exe) and apply the tool.

(little thing: when switching from classic to threaded, outlook takes a lot of time to load and organize the threads)
(edit: and after that it takes ages to open a thread, so maybe restarting the vox is best anyway )
Have an inspiring 2014!

• ZTE Blade @ CM11
  • Yarvik tab210 @ CM7.2
  • HTC Vox @ wm 6.5
  • Motorola mpx200 @ wm 6.5

Life is like a butterfly: one wing holds wisdom, the other compassion. Without balance one moves in circles.

skchattha
Old
Thanks Meter 32
really! does it ask for reboot or do u need to kill process? why taking so much pain man!

Its just a matter of going in registry and change DWORD key "SMSAvailable" from "1" to "0". Thats it, no reboot.
to revert, change 0 to 1, again no reboot. it takes in effect immidiately.

birdibird
Old
Thanks Meter 5
yes that's true, but the reorganizing of the threads then also happens, and that is quite a pain with 1400 messages......
i prefer being non-threaded: much faster and the delete-option of deliverynotifications of smsbubbles works correct then.
Have an inspiring 2014!

• ZTE Blade @ CM11
  • Yarvik tab210 @ CM7.2
  • HTC Vox @ wm 6.5
  • Motorola mpx200 @ wm 6.5

Life is like a butterfly: one wing holds wisdom, the other compassion. Without balance one moves in circles.

skchattha
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdibird View Post
yes that's true, but the reorganizing of the threads then also happens, and that is quite a pain with 1400 messages......
i prefer being non-threaded: much faster and the delete-option of deliverynotifications of smsbubbles works correct then.
Absolutely correct, in threaded mode sometimes while composing SMS, it does not work properly and erase what you typed suddenl and u have to type again.

I never use threaded.