FORUMS

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

Xposed Framework Updated to v65

Xposed Framework is an extremely popular modification platform for Android, so much so that we included … more

My Contacts Have Their Pictures in them...but I diddnt add them??

1,389 posts
Thanks Meter: 36

By add3421, Senior Member on 12th February 2009, 05:16 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Okay.... Some how a lot of my contacts now have pictures of them automaticly put in...how did this happen?!?!

It looks like the pictures are off facebook, but it this the fbook app that is doing this?

It confuses be because for some people their numbers are not on facebook, so does it check their name from the contact? At the same time their are contacts with no picture but has the same name as my friend on facebook.

Is anyone else noticing this? try looking through your phonebook if you have facebook

UPDATE: okay, so it looks like it is pulling facebook pictures if it matches the EXACT name in your contacts....pretty cool
Last edited by add3421; 12th February 2009 at 05:20 AM.

12th February 2009, 04:52 PM |#2  
Flag Lake Forest, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Would be cool, but that isn't happening with me.
13th February 2009, 12:35 AM |#3  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,025

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangelugp

Would be cool, but that isn't happening with me.

same. would be an excellent feature tbh but it isn't happening on my phone.
13th February 2009, 03:04 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wilmington!

More
Yeah, i think it is the fbook app that did it, their is no other explination
13th February 2009, 03:19 AM |#5  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 57

More
they probably set photos for themselves in their gmail accounts. when it syncs, it'd use those photos.
13th February 2009, 11:23 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Gmail contacts adding their own pics sounds most likely. I have the fbook app installed and 99% of my friends have facebook pics yet only two of my contacts have pics.
13th February 2009, 12:46 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
If you log in to www.gmail.com you can manage your contacts from there, and it gives you the option to use the picture they have associated with their account or one you have associated with it.
13th February 2009, 02:30 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wilmington!

More
It cant be gmail, because the pictures are identical to their profile pictures on facebook. Also, a lot of theese people do not have gmail accounts, and I dont even have thier emails, just phone numbers. This is still crazy how no one else has expierenced this yet.
13th February 2009, 04:12 PM |#9  
Flag Nashville, Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 66

More
omg as soon as u find out the reason why it does this i wanna know so that my phone can do this too
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread