XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to get gps working on wm6 side

Tip us?

The_undertaker_inc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default how to get gps working on wm6 side

hi! i am new at the forum and i have been looking how to get my shift fully operable. i have also liberated the wm6 side so i have now a full wm operative sistem. but when i have tried to connect to the built-in gps with google maps, it doesn't give me any signal, it doesn't get any satellite. i don't know how to configure the gps to have it working, i don't even know what's the com port of the gps neither the baud rate of it, so i cant get it working. do someone know how to fix that problem? is there any program or something that brings functionality to gps?

thanks for the help!

thaihugo
Old
Thanks Meter 5
you need to flash any rom from this forum. Liberating is not enough.
And you need to applys HardSPL first.

The_undertaker_inc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default any side effects?

Hi, thanks for the answer. i have been looking for "cooked roms" and i've found some ones. but i am not quite sure of doing the process of hard-spl and rom flashing... I wondered if doing this would eliminate some functions of the shift, like mobile internet sharing with vista or backlight luminance level misfunction... shared functions, for short. do you know if that is possible?

thanks for the help!

thaihugo
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_undertaker_inc View Post
Hi, thanks for the answer. i have been looking for "cooked roms" and i've found some ones. but i am not quite sure of doing the process of hard-spl and rom flashing... I wondered if doing this would eliminate some functions of the shift, like mobile internet sharing with vista or backlight luminance level misfunction... shared functions, for short. do you know if that is possible?

thanks for the help!
It depends on the roms. Mine have all functions activated, and work like a snapvue liberated with GPS
Tags
google, gps, maps, work