Jade / Touch 3G Hard-SPL Unlocker

Search This thread

OliNex

Apr 23, 2008
well, Hard-SPL is released now! sorry for delay, this was ready last week, but I did not have a chance to get to my PC much.

[size=+2]NOTE: This is NOT a SIM unlocker - it also doesn't unlock Security for other radios. if you need that, GO HERE[/size]

[size=+2]Donations are always appreciated to the big link in our signature ("elite project"). You can also donate via the link offered in the new Hard-SPL program. Thank you!![/size]

[size=+2]EDIT: ATTENTION - I removed the V3 version, everyone who flashes new version (2.32.OliNex) on 1.40 stock ROM, should simply upgrade to a new 2.xx ROM afterwards.

also, new version of HSPL package (V5.2) is here which has some of the issues fixed.
[/size]

Preparations:

first an important note, if you want to flash more than one Jade, contact cmonex for additional licenses via http://support.htc-unlocks.com. (the first license is transparently granted and free, so normal users do not need to worry.)

0) this package is for Jade (Touch 3G) devices. for JADE100 so far (SSPL loader checks this and gives a warning), apparently JADE110 is also ok, but if your ModelID is different, contact us for testing!! we will happily help. contact by posting in this thread or by PM'ing cmonex. do not PM OliNex user, that is not monitored frequently. until then, JADE110 etc is also accepted if you click "yes" to continue but it's your own risk to take.
1) if you have vista, WMDC update is recommended: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/device-center.mspx

Instructions:

read this if unsure how to install Hard-SPL...

1) download latest Hard-SPL package (currently v5.20) from attachment, extract to an empty folder.
2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!!!
3) NEW: internet access is required as the program checks online for updates and license.
4) run Jade-Hard-SPL EXE on PC, make sure it's launched from a local drive (not through network drive, etc.). if you are on vista, launching as Administrator is strongly recommended, on XP administrator login is required. important: if your AV (norton/symantec mainly) warns about a virus, ignore it, it just doesn't like the packer I used to pack the program.
5) if possible, always use Automatic flash mode (for uses of Manual mode, see troubleshooting section)
6) it will ask you to wait while it prepares for the flashing, press OK. follow steps in the program and then in the RUU.
7) some notes: it should go through without any error messages, if one does pop up, then please follow the instructions included in the error text. if no specific instruction is shown, then ask for help in the thread, but this should not ever occur (as this means a really fatal error occurred).
more notes: when RUU says it will hard reset, do not worry, it is not going to do that. also when it says the flash will take 10 minutes, ignore that, it will only take a minute or so.
8) device should go to a tricolour screen now that says 1.40.1000 (not .0000!!!), this is the SSPL version, which is temporary.
9) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done.
10) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 2.32.OliNex, which is the Hard-SPL version.
if it is 1.64.xxx instead then please make sure you actually download last version (v520) and flash using that. 2.32.OliNex is the correct Hard-SPL version.

NOTE: you will not see the SPL version during normal boot, that is the OS version, not SPL!
to enter SPL to check version, fully power the device off by long press of power key, then power on while holding the "volume down" key on the left side of the device. keep holding the volume down key until you see tricolour screen which is the bootloader mode, then release it.

NOTE 2: this is unsigned Hard-SPL. no limitations on flashing ROMs or radio packages. also, this has overwrite protection against HTC RUU's overwriting HSPL with a stock one, so if someone needs to revert to stock SPL for warranty reasons, a stock SPL downgrade package will soon be posted in this post as well. use this relocker *only* if you need to return the phone for warranty, and only use it as last step - after reflashing stock OS and radio. see steps at the end of this post about how to reflash stock SPL.

NOTE 3: do not use this RUU for anything other than SPL flashing (i.e. hardspl or stock spl restore)!!! nothing other than SPL's made by Olinex team (using OliNex custom cert, which is not public) will flash to make SSPL more secure. if you want to flash some other rom, then use shipped RUU or customRUU if you need to flash cooked ROM.

Troubleshooting:

- read the instructions above.
Manual flash mode for USB issues: you should usually go for Automatic flash mode; you must only attempt the Manual mode option if Automatic flash mode or SSPL-Manual.exe already put device in SSPL tricolour screen and you got USB issues. any other errors triggered while running in Autoflash mode will have to be fixed as instructed in the error message.
ModelID checking:
- if SSPL loader says it's for a different device, please contact cmonex in PM for testing SPL on that too. check modelid by entering SPL tricolour screen manually and note what it says (JADE100, or something else).
nothing happens on the device, does not enter tricolour screen mode:
- anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please make sure you watch the device screen if it asks about running files. also try unchecking advanced usb functionality in settings.
- if it crashes instead of entering SSPL, you need to use Automatic mode.
general usb connection error problems if you get connection error in RUU after the device goes to 1.40.1000 screen:
- try manual SSPL: copy SSPL-Manual-Jade exe to the device and run it, then when it went to 1.40.1000 tricolour screen and shows "USB" at the bottom in this screen, use Manual option in the Hard-SPL program on the PC.
- make sure device was still synced via USB to the PC at the point of it entering SSPL (the 1.40.1000 screen)!
- try a different USB port
- try different USB cable
- do not touch USB cable during the process especially if it is already a bit dodgy
- also do not use USB hub
- you can also try rebooting your PC
- and you can try using another PC.
- also you can try unticking advanced network functionality in start menu / settings / connections / usbtopc applet.
- another reason for USB connection error: if your PC takes too long to load the drivers (if your device is in bootloader for the first time and perhaps if you are on vista), then if RUU times out, but device still says "USB" on the tricolour screen, just leave it there and re-run the RUU when driver installation finishes.
- finally, you can try disabling antivirus or firewall programs on the PC.
other issues:
- if Enterbootloader.exe fails to run (says missing component or similar), try a hard reset of the device.
- if device reboots instead of going to SSPL screen (1.40.1000), contact us by PM'ing cmonex. do not PM OliNex user, that is not monitored frequently.

How to reflash Stock/Shipped SPL - STEP BY STEP - FOR WARRANTY REASONS ONLY!:
0. please make sure you already flashed stock ROM and radio, because stock SPL flash is *always* the last step before sending the device in.
+1. [SIZE=+2]WARNING!!! do not flash 1.40 STOCK SPL on a 2.xx ROM!!!![/SIZE]
1. take the SPL relocker attachment, and run the EXE - this will flash 2.32.0000 stock SPL. simple as that!
(or if you want to manually pick an SPL version, then take a stock spl attachment (1.40 or 2.32), extract file and put it in customruu folder or any other ruu package and make sure you overwrite any existing RUU_Signed.NBH and delete any other *.NBH files in this folder)
3. flash
4. verify if it flashed by checking version in tricolour screen, it should say 1.40.0000 or 2.32.0000. if 1.40, then stock ROM must be 1.40.xx too, if 2.32, then must be 2.32.xx.

credits:
first, "OliNex" is a team which means: cmonex + Olipro :)
Olipro -> EXE program concept that runs on the PC, Hard-SPL concept,
cmonex -> new PC EXE & SSPL loader for windows mobile and SSPL binary. Hard-SPL binary. (SSPL loader: partially based on haret and old pof&Olipro jumpspl code),

Updates:
MOD EDIT:
Hard SPL V2 Uploaded for Olipro: Server issue should now be fixed.
EDIT by OliNex:
v2 removed, hardspl in it was not the final one. everyone who used v2 to flash hardspl, please update to newest one.
EDIT by OliNex:
v41: new Hard-SPL, 2.32.OliNex, you do not need to update this currently.
EDIT by OliNex:
v520: new Hard-SPL, fixes some stability issues, if you already have 2.32.OliNex from v41, you do not need to update this Hard-SPL.

Attachments

• stockjaderuu_140.zip
    128.8 KB · Views: 12,059
  • Restore_Jade_StockSPL_232.zip
    129 KB · Views: 9,771
  • Jade-HardSPL_V5_20R3_232HSPL.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 35,023
  • SSPL-Manual-JadeV1_40.zip
    615.6 KB · Views: 10,230
  • JadeSPLRelocker_232SPL.zip
    550.4 KB · Views: 8,405
Last edited:
Reactions: organic2

huysanhdieu

Jun 11, 2008
i can not hard-spl my touch 3g
after i run Jade-Hard-SPL_V1.exe
it install one thing and one tab appear
" hard- spl is for non-commercial purpose only,we have detected that you appear to alreadyhvae unlocked a device, if you wish to unlock commercially"

that all. nothing happen
my touch still not unlock

i don't know what happen. can some one help me this solution

lu_peng2

Jun 19, 2007
shanghai
here the same :confused:

i will tray it from a other PC because it appears the second time, on the first i got something like "server not ready" but reading your post i guess it will also not help.

anyway thanks to the olinex and i'm sure they will help us later :D

" hard- spl is for non-commercial purpose only,we have detected that you appear to alreadyhvae unlocked a device, if you wish to unlock commercially"

that all. nothing happen

mkoch5

Aug 1, 2008
hmmmm i tried it ... but first time he said Server not rechable try again later...
later he said that i tried it before and it seemed to be commercial ....
But i only unlocked my MDA 4 a long time ago ... :eek:
so my Jade German Version has no HardSPl snifffff...
Michael

mercurio77

Dec 23, 2008
GOOD WORK Mr. Olipro & Mr. Cmonex

I'll try on the Jade t3232 brown german edition today, and post
the result asap.

Anyone got an italian shipped rom? it will be much appreciated :eek:

in Italy i've seen the blue edition and the black edition, maybe they're suitable
for a rom dump...

c ya soon

jatekung

Nov 19, 2008

that all. nothing happen

same huysanhdieu.

in bootloader
my jade show this
JADE100 64MB
SPL-1.40.0000
MicroP-Jade (LED) v5

Reactions: rezakaboli

chanaev

Jan 21, 2009
Köln
chanaev.ru
Unable to install Enablerapi.cab and after that same as others peoples "hard- spl is for non-commercial purpose only,we have detected that you appear to alreadyhvae unlocked a device, if you wish to unlock commercially"

Feb 17, 2009
Some here

Originally Posted by huysanhdieu

that all. nothing happen

i don't know what happen. can some one help me this solution :confused:

sas_sas

Sep 13, 2007
İzmir
Hi all,

The need of Server connection does not give me any confident.

Is there anyone having heard about such necessity during Hard Spl operation?

I think, it should be explained for the satisfaction of Jade owners.

no_more_sm

Aug 4, 2007
Many thanx Olinex team... But unfortunately it seems that there is a problem with Jade-Hard-SPL_V1.exe

When I try to run it, it shows nothing... :(

Feb 17, 2009
For no_more_sm

If you are running windows vista, right click on the archive and then "run as administrator", the archive run properly but doesn´t work

Last edited:

kosmepe

Jul 9, 2008
my jade show this
JADE100 64MB
SPL-1.40.0000
MicroP-Jade (LED) v5

same here.

Anyway, I don't like the fact that we have to connect to the internet to do it, and I will not do it (given also that nobody reported having succeeded!)

jacek73

Jun 18, 2008
" hard- spl is for non-commercial purpose only, we have detected that you appear to already have unlocked a device, if you wish to unlock commercially"

I have the same. Jade-Hard-SPL_V1.exe is not working on my device.

In bootloader:

JADE100 64MB
SPL-1.40.0000
MicroP-Jade (LED) v5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well, Hard-SPL is released now! sorry for delay, this was ready last week, but I did not have a chance to get to my PC much.

[size=+2]NOTE: This is NOT a SIM unlocker - it also doesn't unlock Security for other radios. if you need that, GO HERE[/size]

[size=+2]Donations are always appreciated to the big link in our signature ("elite project"). You can also donate via the link offered in the new Hard-SPL program. Thank you!![/size]

[size=+2]EDIT: ATTENTION - I removed the V3 version, everyone who flashes new version (2.32.OliNex) on 1.40 stock ROM, should simply upgrade to a new 2.xx ROM afterwards.

also, new version of HSPL package (V5.2) is here which has some of the issues fixed.
    [/size]

Preparations:

first an important note, if you want to flash more than one Jade, contact cmonex for additional licenses via http://support.htc-unlocks.com. (the first license is transparently granted and free, so normal users do not need to worry.)

0) this package is for Jade (Touch 3G) devices. for JADE100 so far (SSPL loader checks this and gives a warning), apparently JADE110 is also ok, but if your ModelID is different, contact us for testing!! we will happily help. contact by posting in this thread or by PM'ing cmonex. do not PM OliNex user, that is not monitored frequently. until then, JADE110 etc is also accepted if you click "yes" to continue but it's your own risk to take.
    1) if you have vista, WMDC update is recommended: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/device-center.mspx

Instructions:

read this if unsure how to install Hard-SPL...

1) download latest Hard-SPL package (currently v5.20) from attachment, extract to an empty folder.
    2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!!!
    3) NEW: internet access is required as the program checks online for updates and license.
    4) run Jade-Hard-SPL EXE on PC, make sure it's launched from a local drive (not through network drive, etc.). if you are on vista, launching as Administrator is strongly recommended, on XP administrator login is required. important: if your AV (norton/symantec mainly) warns about a virus, ignore it, it just doesn't like the packer I used to pack the program.
    5) if possible, always use Automatic flash mode (for uses of Manual mode, see troubleshooting section)
    6) it will ask you to wait while it prepares for the flashing, press OK. follow steps in the program and then in the RUU.
    7) some notes: it should go through without any error messages, if one does pop up, then please follow the instructions included in the error text. if no specific instruction is shown, then ask for help in the thread, but this should not ever occur (as this means a really fatal error occurred).
    more notes: when RUU says it will hard reset, do not worry, it is not going to do that. also when it says the flash will take 10 minutes, ignore that, it will only take a minute or so.
    8) device should go to a tricolour screen now that says 1.40.1000 (not .0000!!!), this is the SSPL version, which is temporary.
    9) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done.
    10) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 2.32.OliNex, which is the Hard-SPL version.
    if it is 1.64.xxx instead then please make sure you actually download last version (v520) and flash using that. 2.32.OliNex is the correct Hard-SPL version.

NOTE: you will not see the SPL version during normal boot, that is the OS version, not SPL!
    to enter SPL to check version, fully power the device off by long press of power key, then power on while holding the "volume down" key on the left side of the device. keep holding the volume down key until you see tricolour screen which is the bootloader mode, then release it.

NOTE 2: this is unsigned Hard-SPL. no limitations on flashing ROMs or radio packages. also, this has overwrite protection against HTC RUU's overwriting HSPL with a stock one, so if someone needs to revert to stock SPL for warranty reasons, a stock SPL downgrade package will soon be posted in this post as well. use this relocker *only* if you need to return the phone for warranty, and only use it as last step - after reflashing stock OS and radio. see steps at the end of this post about how to reflash stock SPL.

NOTE 3: do not use this RUU for anything other than SPL flashing (i.e. hardspl or stock spl restore)!!! nothing other than SPL's made by Olinex team (using OliNex custom cert, which is not public) will flash to make SSPL more secure. if you want to flash some other rom, then use shipped RUU or customRUU if you need to flash cooked ROM.

Troubleshooting:

Manual flash mode for USB issues: you should usually go for Automatic flash mode; you must only attempt the Manual mode option if Automatic flash mode or SSPL-Manual.exe already put device in SSPL tricolour screen and you got USB issues. any other errors triggered while running in Autoflash mode will have to be fixed as instructed in the error message.
    ModelID checking:
    - if SSPL loader says it's for a different device, please contact cmonex in PM for testing SPL on that too. check modelid by entering SPL tricolour screen manually and note what it says (JADE100, or something else).
    nothing happens on the device, does not enter tricolour screen mode:
    - anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please make sure you watch the device screen if it asks about running files. also try unchecking advanced usb functionality in settings.
    - if it crashes instead of entering SSPL, you need to use Automatic mode.
    general usb connection error problems if you get connection error in RUU after the device goes to 1.40.1000 screen:
    - try manual SSPL: copy SSPL-Manual-Jade exe to the device and run it, then when it went to 1.40.1000 tricolour screen and shows "USB" at the bottom in this screen, use Manual option in the Hard-SPL program on the PC.
    - make sure device was still synced via USB to the PC at the point of it entering SSPL (the 1.40.1000 screen)!
    - try a different USB port
    - try different USB cable
    - do not touch USB cable during the process especially if it is already a bit dodgy
    - also do not use USB hub
    - you can also try rebooting your PC
    - and you can try using another PC.
    - also you can try unticking advanced network functionality in start menu / settings / connections / usbtopc applet.
    - another reason for USB connection error: if your PC takes too long to load the drivers (if your device is in bootloader for the first time and perhaps if you are on vista), then if RUU times out, but device still says "USB" on the tricolour screen, just leave it there and re-run the RUU when driver installation finishes.
    - finally, you can try disabling antivirus or firewall programs on the PC.
    other issues:
    - if Enterbootloader.exe fails to run (says missing component or similar), try a hard reset of the device.
    - if device reboots instead of going to SSPL screen (1.40.1000), contact us by PM'ing cmonex. do not PM OliNex user, that is not monitored frequently.

How to reflash Stock/Shipped SPL - STEP BY STEP - FOR WARRANTY REASONS ONLY!:
    0. please make sure you already flashed stock ROM and radio, because stock SPL flash is *always* the last step before sending the device in.
    +1. [SIZE=+2]WARNING!!! do not flash 1.40 STOCK SPL on a 2.xx ROM!!!![/SIZE]
    1. take the SPL relocker attachment, and run the EXE - this will flash 2.32.0000 stock SPL. simple as that!
    (or if you want to manually pick an SPL version, then take a stock spl attachment (1.40 or 2.32), extract file and put it in customruu folder or any other ruu package and make sure you overwrite any existing RUU_Signed.NBH and delete any other *.NBH files in this folder)
    3. flash
    4. verify if it flashed by checking version in tricolour screen, it should say 1.40.0000 or 2.32.0000. if 1.40, then stock ROM must be 1.40.xx too, if 2.32, then must be 2.32.xx.

credits:
    first, "OliNex" is a team which means: cmonex + Olipro :)
    Olipro -> EXE program concept that runs on the PC, Hard-SPL concept,
    cmonex -> new PC EXE & SSPL loader for windows mobile and SSPL binary. Hard-SPL binary. (SSPL loader: partially based on haret and old pof&Olipro jumpspl code),

Updates:
    MOD EDIT:
    Hard SPL V2 Uploaded for Olipro: Server issue should now be fixed.
    EDIT by OliNex:
    v2 removed, hardspl in it was not the final one. everyone who used v2 to flash hardspl, please update to newest one.
    EDIT by OliNex:
    v41: new Hard-SPL, 2.32.OliNex, you do not need to update this currently.
    EDIT by OliNex:
    v520: new Hard-SPL, fixes some stability issues, if you already have 2.32.OliNex from v41, you do not need to update this Hard-SPL.

that all. nothing happen

same huysanhdieu.

in bootloader
    my jade show this
    JADE100 64MB
    SPL-1.40.0000
    MicroP-Jade (LED) v5
    help

:D shame on me :D