XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Apps to SD: Might sound crazy

Tip us?

jaynoonan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Apps to SD: Might sound crazy

I am willing to pay someone to partition this the right way. I spent over 6 hours trying to get this entire process to work and ......ZERO

I need apps to SD bad so I am willing to pay for someone's help

LucidREM
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynoonan View Post
I am willing to pay someone to partition this the right way. I spent over 6 hours trying to get this entire process to work and ......ZERO

I need apps to SD bad so I am willing to pay for someone's help
has anyone contemplated selling pre-partitioned sd cards?? i don't have the funds to do this right now .. but just a thought
"I fear explanations explanatory of things explained."
There are 10 types of people in this world: one who understands binary and one who does not.

Binary100100
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1102

DONATE TO ME
You know... that's not a bad idea. I would even pay to have my data transferred if I was to consider replacing my 8gb with a higher capacity card (like say... 16 gb). I was wondering if it would mess something up if I was to purchase a new card, partition it and transfer all of it myself. Unfortunately I am not too confident in myself because it was a pain in the butt to get it partitioned right the first time. There has to be someone in here with the knowledge and the funds available that would be willing to turn a quick profit.

8gb SDHC =<$20
Partitioning= $10
Data Xfer = $20

Total would still be cheaper then buying an 8gb SDHC at Best Buy and this person would be turning a 2x profit! P&H wouldn't cost any more then a first class stamp for U.S. too. Not a bad idea.
Device(s) Info:

HTC Amaze 4G :
Energy ICS | Rooted | SIM Unlocked | HBOOT-1.93.2222 JuopunutBear S-OFF | Recovery 4ext | Kernel: HTC Stock

HTC EVO View 4G:
[ACS]CleverNameHere Rom RLS 1 (HC) | hboot 6.14.5556 | Revolutionary S-OFF | TWRP 1.0.3 Port

Samsung SGH-T959 Vibrant (unlocked) :
FFC v2 Mod
| Bionix NextGen 2 | Kernel: OverStock 2.4.1 | KB5 Modem | ClockworkMod Recovery

jaynoonan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I would be ALL OVER THIS!

LucidREM
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary100100 View Post
Total would still be cheaper then buying an 8gb SDHC at Best Buy and this person would be turning a 2x profit! P&H wouldn't cost any more then a first class stamp for U.S. too. Not a bad idea.
you might be on to something there .. provided those USPS people don't screw something up and "misplace" the envelope
There are 10 types of people in this world: one who understands binary and one who does not.

andonnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 2
send me your sdcard, and i'll do it for $5 =]

T-mobile G2X
Gingerbread

sonikamd
Old
Thanks Meter 5
wish I had the know how to do it through a remote connection. "Put the money in paypal, plug in your phone and give me ten minutes"...lol

I was going to try to help with partitioning, but that seems to be the easy part then there's the adb stuff :/

LucidREM
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikamd View Post
wish I had the know how to do it through a remote connection. "Put the money in paypal, plug in your phone and give me ten minutes"...lol

I was going to try to help with partitioning, but that seems to be the easy part then there's the adb stuff :/
adb? easiest way .. use linux (since it's the basis of android) .. let's say your sd mounts to the system as "sdd" .. you create two folders on your desktop as sdd1 and sdd2 to hold the files .. your first partition is FAT32 so you can just click-and-drag files .. from Terminal copy your EXT2 files:

sudo cp -a /media/sdd2/* /home/LucidREM/Desktop/sdd2

so now on your new card .. you unmount .. create a partition for FAT32 called "SDD1" .. you create the second primary partition "SDD2" for EXT2 .. then from Terminal:

sudo cp -a /home/LucidREM/Desktop/sdd2/* /media/sdd2

again .. your FAT32 partition is just click-and-drag .. this is how i did mine and it worked .. can't say how difficult or easy it is for anyone .. but it takes me about 2min .. i'd do remote server for someone but i tried once and found it difficult to navigate thru firewalls and internet BS via linux .. but i think that was also linux -> windows .. maybe linux -> linux would work better

sonikamd
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Ahhh, I'm finally starting to understand the linux shell a little better, which it seems like adb is just an emulator for?
A few days ago I thought most the commands here had to do with moving the rom files around..guess not :P

Anyway, thanks LucidREM.

LucidREM
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikamd View Post
Ahhh, I'm finally starting to understand the linux shell a little better, which it seems like adb is just an emulator for?
A few days ago I thought most the commands here had to do with moving the rom files around..guess not :P

Anyway, thanks LucidREM.
yea .. the adb is just a way to break into the shell of the phone and run commands via usb .. so you can still run commands on Terminal on the phone or Terminal on linux directly to the card via card reader .. adb is just the short way for users of windows to not have to deal with Terminal and/or the second OS