Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Apps to SD: Might sound crazy

OP jaynoonan

17th February 2009, 03:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I am willing to pay someone to partition this the right way. I spent over 6 hours trying to get this entire process to work and ......ZERO

I need apps to SD bad so I am willing to pay for someone's help
17th February 2009, 03:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 5

1,569 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynoonan

I am willing to pay someone to partition this the right way. I spent over 6 hours trying to get this entire process to work and ......ZERO

I need apps to SD bad so I am willing to pay for someone's help

has anyone contemplated selling pre-partitioned sd cards?? i don't have the funds to do this right now .. but just a thought
17th February 2009, 04:03 PM   |  #3  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Detroit, Mi
Thanks Meter: 1,124

5,455 posts
Donate to Me
More
You know... that's not a bad idea. I would even pay to have my data transferred if I was to consider replacing my 8gb with a higher capacity card (like say... 16 gb). I was wondering if it would mess something up if I was to purchase a new card, partition it and transfer all of it myself. Unfortunately I am not too confident in myself because it was a pain in the butt to get it partitioned right the first time. There has to be someone in here with the knowledge and the funds available that would be willing to turn a quick profit.

8gb SDHC =<$20
Partitioning= $10
Data Xfer = $20

Total would still be cheaper then buying an 8gb SDHC at Best Buy and this person would be turning a 2x profit! P&H wouldn't cost any more then a first class stamp for U.S. too. Not a bad idea.
17th February 2009, 04:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I would be ALL OVER THIS!
17th February 2009, 04:08 PM   |  #5  
Flag Baltimore

1,569 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary100100

Total would still be cheaper then buying an 8gb SDHC at Best Buy and this person would be turning a 2x profit! P&H wouldn't cost any more then a first class stamp for U.S. too. Not a bad idea.

you might be on to something there .. provided those USPS people don't screw something up and "misplace" the envelope
17th February 2009, 05:17 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

835 posts
More
send me your sdcard, and i'll do it for $5 =]
17th February 2009, 07:52 PM   |  #7  

237 posts
More
wish I had the know how to do it through a remote connection. "Put the money in paypal, plug in your phone and give me ten minutes"...lol

I was going to try to help with partitioning, but that seems to be the easy part then there's the adb stuff :/
17th February 2009, 08:11 PM   |  #8  
Flag Baltimore

1,569 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikamd

wish I had the know how to do it through a remote connection. "Put the money in paypal, plug in your phone and give me ten minutes"...lol

I was going to try to help with partitioning, but that seems to be the easy part then there's the adb stuff :/

adb? easiest way .. use linux (since it's the basis of android) .. let's say your sd mounts to the system as "sdd" .. you create two folders on your desktop as sdd1 and sdd2 to hold the files .. your first partition is FAT32 so you can just click-and-drag files .. from Terminal copy your EXT2 files:

sudo cp -a /media/sdd2/* /home/LucidREM/Desktop/sdd2

so now on your new card .. you unmount .. create a partition for FAT32 called "SDD1" .. you create the second primary partition "SDD2" for EXT2 .. then from Terminal:

sudo cp -a /home/LucidREM/Desktop/sdd2/* /media/sdd2

again .. your FAT32 partition is just click-and-drag .. this is how i did mine and it worked .. can't say how difficult or easy it is for anyone .. but it takes me about 2min .. i'd do remote server for someone but i tried once and found it difficult to navigate thru firewalls and internet BS via linux .. but i think that was also linux -> windows .. maybe linux -> linux would work better
17th February 2009, 08:45 PM   |  #9  

237 posts
More
Ahhh, I'm finally starting to understand the linux shell a little better, which it seems like adb is just an emulator for?
A few days ago I thought most the commands here had to do with moving the rom files around..guess not :P

Anyway, thanks LucidREM.
17th February 2009, 10:19 PM   |  #10  
Flag Baltimore

1,569 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikamd

Ahhh, I'm finally starting to understand the linux shell a little better, which it seems like adb is just an emulator for?
A few days ago I thought most the commands here had to do with moving the rom files around..guess not :P

Anyway, thanks LucidREM.

yea .. the adb is just a way to break into the shell of the phone and run commands via usb .. so you can still run commands on Terminal on the phone or Terminal on linux directly to the card via card reader .. adb is just the short way for users of windows to not have to deal with Terminal and/or the second OS

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread