Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,117 Members 47,793 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Too Many Pattern Attempts. Phone is locked. Can't login with email either.

Tip us?

derekb77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Too Many Pattern Attempts. Phone is locked. Can't login with email either.

im running The RC33 version of JFv1.41.

somehow the "too many pattern attempts" popped up and now its asking me to login with my username and password. ive tried my username by itself. i tried username@gmail.com (which i originally used to register the phone) and i tried username@googlemail.com (which i saw suggested in another post) and none of these work. anyone have any ideas? it just says "too many pattern attempts invalid username or password". i cant log back in.xi can still receive calls but cant get back to the home screen. im running The RC33 version of JFv1.41.
The Following User Says Thank You to derekb77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Phromik
Old
Thanks Meter 301
Even if you fail to enter the pattern correctly a few times, the lock should only be temporary. Although it sounds like you got permanently locked out, if I understand correctly... If it still doesn't take the username either, I'd just say reflash your phone with the update.zip

derekb77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
usually it says wait 30 seconds and i can try the unlock pattern again. this is the first time its asked for my email address and password again. it happened last night so i waited until this morning and its still asking for my email address and password and wont login. i guess i'll try reflashing the phone. thanks. will report back.
The Following User Says Thank You to derekb77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AbsoluteDesignz
Old
Thanks Meter 42
gmail.com and reset ur pass
yeah...

derekb77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
i can login to gmail.com with my existing password. i dont think i want to mess with trying to reset my pass.

AbsoluteDesignz
Old
Thanks Meter 42
well its not like the world would end...resetting ur pass is real easy.
yeah...

Iceucold
Old
Thanks Meter 4
This happened to me once before. It had slipped out of its case and ended up being flopped around my backpack. Apparently some things in my backpack attempted to unlock my phone. It gave me the gmail login screen like the OP and wouldn't accept my pass. I ended up pulling the battery, and waiting a few minutes before inserting it again. Worked just fine when I put the battery back in. Of course, neither myself, or the T-mobile rep I called knew what may have caused it.

haykuro
Old
Thanks Meter 9
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=485988

to disable pattern lock

13chris13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekb77 View Post
im running The RC33 version of JFv1.41.

somehow the "too many pattern attempts" popped up and now its asking me to login with my username and password. ive tried my username by itself. i tried username@gmail.com (which i originally used to register the phone) and i tried username@googlemail.com (which i saw suggested in another post) and none of these work. anyone have any ideas? it just says "too many pattern attempts invalid username or password". i cant log back in.xi can still receive calls but cant get back to the home screen. im running The RC33 version of JFv1.41.
this happend to me whenmy kid did this. in my cas, my e-mail is all capitals and it wasnt working the way exact way i spelled my email. just type in your e-mail all lower case letters, even if there are capitals. i did this and it worked. lemmie know if it works for you.

derekb77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post
well its not like the world would end...resetting ur pass is real easy.
ok changing my password didnt work.

Tags
attempts, invalid, locked, password, pattern
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe