FORUMS

Moto X Style, Moto X Play and Moto G Forums Are Here!

The latest family members of the new generation of Motorola devices are … more

Galaxy Unpacked: What is Samsung Going to Unveil?

Amidst all the hype of the OnePlus 2 and the rain of Moto 2015 news, Samsung tried … more

Arrow Launcher: Good Effort Without Direction

Microsoft’s Android expansion has been well received on the productivity front, but … more

Two New Moto X and New Moto G – Specs & Details

Today’s Moto event just ended and now we have a clear look at all of … more

Too Many Pattern Attempts. Phone is locked. Can't login with email either.

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By derekb77, Junior Member on 23rd February 2009, 05:11 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
im running The RC33 version of JFv1.41.

somehow the "too many pattern attempts" popped up and now its asking me to login with my username and password. ive tried my username by itself. i tried username@gmail.com (which i originally used to register the phone) and i tried username@googlemail.com (which i saw suggested in another post) and none of these work. anyone have any ideas? it just says "too many pattern attempts invalid username or password". i cant log back in.xi can still receive calls but cant get back to the home screen. im running The RC33 version of JFv1.41.
The Following User Says Thank You to derekb77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
23rd February 2009, 05:25 PM |#2  
Phromik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 333
 
More
Even if you fail to enter the pattern correctly a few times, the lock should only be temporary. Although it sounds like you got permanently locked out, if I understand correctly... If it still doesn't take the username either, I'd just say reflash your phone with the update.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to Phromik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2009, 05:36 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
usually it says wait 30 seconds and i can try the unlock pattern again. this is the first time its asked for my email address and password again. it happened last night so i waited until this morning and its still asking for my email address and password and wont login. i guess i'll try reflashing the phone. thanks. will report back.
The Following User Says Thank You to derekb77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2009, 05:58 PM |#4  
AbsoluteDesignz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
gmail.com and reset ur pass
23rd February 2009, 06:16 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
i can login to gmail.com with my existing password. i dont think i want to mess with trying to reset my pass.
23rd February 2009, 07:15 PM |#6  
AbsoluteDesignz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
well its not like the world would end...resetting ur pass is real easy.
23rd February 2009, 09:27 PM |#7  
Iceucold's Avatar
Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
This happened to me once before. It had slipped out of its case and ended up being flopped around my backpack. Apparently some things in my backpack attempted to unlock my phone. It gave me the gmail login screen like the OP and wouldn't accept my pass. I ended up pulling the battery, and waiting a few minutes before inserting it again. Worked just fine when I put the battery back in. Of course, neither myself, or the T-mobile rep I called knew what may have caused it.
23rd February 2009, 09:30 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Sunrise
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=485988

to disable pattern lock
23rd February 2009, 10:11 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekb77

im running The RC33 version of JFv1.41.

somehow the "too many pattern attempts" popped up and now its asking me to login with my username and password. ive tried my username by itself. i tried username@gmail.com (which i originally used to register the phone) and i tried username@googlemail.com (which i saw suggested in another post) and none of these work. anyone have any ideas? it just says "too many pattern attempts invalid username or password". i cant log back in.xi can still receive calls but cant get back to the home screen. im running The RC33 version of JFv1.41.

this happend to me whenmy kid did this. in my cas, my e-mail is all capitals and it wasnt working the way exact way i spelled my email. just type in your e-mail all lower case letters, even if there are capitals. i did this and it worked. lemmie know if it works for you.
23rd February 2009, 11:27 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz

well its not like the world would end...resetting ur pass is real easy.

ok changing my password didnt work.
23rd February 2009, 11:28 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13chris13

this happend to me whenmy kid did this. in my cas, my e-mail is all capitals and it wasnt working the way exact way i spelled my email. just type in your e-mail all lower case letters, even if there are capitals. i did this and it worked. lemmie know if it works for you.

this didnt work either. my username is all lower case.

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
attempts, invalid, locked, password, pattern
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes