Originally Posted by clefky10
Firmware Version =
Kernal Version =
Build Number =
kila-user 1.0 TC4-RC29 115247
Ok thanks. Start from the bold:
1) Download recovery.img and copy it to your SD card (see the previous instructions on how to copy from your computer to your Phone's SD card).
2) Download the Hard SPL and copy the zip file to the SD card.
3) All files must be on the root of your SD card.
4) Restart your phone. Wait for your phone to start up fully and show the home screen.
5) After your phone starts up, type "telnetd" and press enter. (Yes, it will start up a contact search, don't worry. Just type it.)
6) Download an Android "Telnet" application from the Market and connect to localhost.
7) If you connect successfully, you will have a root prompt "#".
8) Type the following into Telnet (these commands will give you root access easier in the future):
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
flash_image recovery recovery.img
cat recovery.img > /system/recovery.img