Good camera sw +autofocus for Jade

Search This thread

avutza

Jun 8, 2008
Bucharest
Hi everyone, do you have a cab with the latest and greatest camera sw with autofocus which works with Jade? My wife complains about poor quality of the pictures :) and I was appointed to search for a solution.Thx in advance.

izzyzc

Jan 2, 2009
AFAIK, autofocus is a mechanical feature of cameras...

So I don't think any software will be able to provide autofocus, unless Jade has it but HTC did not implement it, which I doubt...

interpleb

Sep 30, 2008
Hi everyone, do you have a cab with the latest and greatest camera sw with autofocus which works with Jade? My wife complains about poor quality of the pictures :) and I was appointed to search for a solution.Thx in advance.

Buy a phone that does what you want it to do, don't imagine you can magically make one you buy do everything you want it to.

dunnyko

Jan 29, 2009
AFAIK, autofocus is a mechanical feature of cameras...

So I don't think any software will be able to provide autofocus, unless Jade has it but HTC did not implement it, which I doubt...

Yes, focusing is about the movement of the lens, so it is merely mechanical.
Anyway, the Jade camera can still take pic in acceptable quality if:
1) there is sufficient light source (eg outdoor under briight sun-shine)
2) keep sufficient distant from the objects (eg 1 meter or above)
3) keep your hand still as you can when taking photos

emf31

Dec 8, 2011
when people speak they should know about what they are speaking or stay quiet!!!

unlike what everyone said here it´s not just a mechanical question it´s also a software issue because i inserted a htc touch diamond camera on the htc jade and no autofocus function was available with the camera but diamond has autofocus and you know what pictures with jade lens here actually better.. so instead of speaking without knowing you should be quiet!!!