The logging option is provided for people who find they have problems with odd behaviour. The log file will be written to the Touch_InCall_Screen_Tweak.txt in the root of your device. It will get pretty big, pretty quick
so if you make/receive lots of calls the best idea might be to switch it on for a short while, use the phone, make a copy of the log file to upload to this thread, and then switch it off if you are filling up your storage space.
3 Sep 2009 - v1.2.0 - Bugfix Update
- This version addresses a bug that has been around for a while, but has been difficult to track down. It appears that an early beta introduced an excessive battery drain for some users, and this has now been tracked down, and addressed.
6 Aug 2009 - v1.1.3 - Update
It's been a while, but this minor update has the following changes:
- Fixes a bug with the "switch off after Bluetooth" call function.
- Fixes a bug which caused the left soft key to be pressed at the end of a call.
- The "switch off for Bluetooth", and "switch off after Bluetooth" facilities (which switch the screen off during, and after a bluetooth headset based call respectively) are now applicable to wired headset calls too.
31 May 2009 - v1.1.2 - Update
This version includes an option to turn off the AutoDeviceLock during a call, as described in this post
, for better compatibility with SPB Mobile Shell 3.
21 May 2009 - v1.1.1 - Update
This version fixes a bug with the "Ignore first screen off" function. This bug is most noticeable in the situation where the phone canvas/utility/whatever turns the screen off before TICST gets the chance to. This version has been tested with PhonEx from IconSoft, and works as long as you switch ON the screen off during conversation facility.
17 May 2009 - v1.1.0 - Update
This version provides a number of new features:
- It will allow the switching between APM and non-APM (Advanced Power Management) mode via the config application. Non-APM will give the better experience, but you may find that your battery runs down quicker in this mode. If the option is greyed out, then you are already running in Non-APM mode, and you can't change it.
- An option to prevent the auto-unlock has been added
- The option to switch the screen off after a Bluetooth call has been added.
- The "Show phone at screen on" option has been changed slightly in that it will attempt to activate the existing instance of cprog.exe, rather than spawning a new one. This will hopefully help some people who were having problems with different dialers - most people won't notice any difference.
- Minor logic alteration to try and prevent too much "flashing" of the screen in some circumstances.
16 Apr 2009 - v1.0.20 - Update
This version provides a couple of new features:
- If the screen is locked with the WM Lock when the app switches the screen on, it will attempt to automatically unlock it.
- The app goes into an override mode if the speakerphone is switched on manually, or if the call type is a video call. NB. This is not the same override mode as if the screen is switched on/off manually, and the override timeout isn't applicable.
8 Apr 2009 - v1.0.19 - Update
This version provides a number of new features:
- More configuration for the use of the Speakerphone. You can define whether putting the phone face down should switch it on, and what action, if any, the phone should take with the Speakerphone when you have it in your hand, i.e. switch it on, off, or take no action.
- The ability to show the phone canvas has an extra option of auto-pressing the left soft key, which should put it into dialpad mode.
- You can define a timeout, in minutes, for the override mode. This option hasn't been tested thoroughly, so feedback would be useful.
7 Apr 2009 - v1.0.18 - Update
This version adds the facility to force the phone canvas to be displayed when the screen switches on. This could be useful if you find that when the screen switches on, you are back at your Today screen.
6 Apr 2009 - v1.0.17 - Includes UC Friendly installer
This version adds the facility to always switch off the screen when you are taking a call via bluetooth.
There is also a UC Friendly
installer which doesn't run the config app, or give the option to soft reset after installation. However, please be aware that you will still need to soft reset after the app is installed in order for TICST to function correctly.
2 Apr 2009 - v1.0.16 - AppToDate release
There is no change to the application itself, but the installation now supports AppToDate. Also, the config utility will now try and detect the phone type, and select suitable defaults with regard to ignoring the light sensor, and the first screen-off.
2 Apr 2009 - v1.0.15 (beta) - Consolidated Release
Another Minor release - this version handles sensors that give readings greater than expect more sympathetically. In the past, if a sensor produced a reading higher than expected, it could be misread. This has been corrected. The "Always On" feature has been added. This will keep your screen on all the time, regardless of orientation.
24 Mar 2009 - v1.0.14 (beta) - Consolidated Release
Minor release - this version fixes a bug which stopped the speakerphone from being switched back on. Polling frequency has been increased from 4 to 5 times per second.
21 Mar 2009 - v1.0.13 (beta) - Consolidated Release
Minor release - this version loosens the definition of "face down" for switching the speakerphone on. People having problems getting the speakerphone to come on, should try this version.
21 Mar 2009 - v1.0.12 (beta) - Consolidated Release
This release adds the option to switch the speakerphone off once you put the phone into the "in your hand" position, i.e. when the screen comes back on again. The option is "Switch speakerphone off" in the config utility.
Bug Fix - This version should no longer switch the screen off if making a data connection.
20 Mar 2009 - v1.0.11 (beta) - Consolidated Release
This release adds functionality to switch the screen off, and speakerphone on if you put the phone face down on a flat surface.
[Earlier version release notes have been removed due to post size]