Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,363 Members 43,873 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

can't install dutty v4 for my diamond :(

Tip us?

robsterr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default can't install dutty v4 for my diamond :(

hey guys

how is it?
i have a problem with my diamond, its very strange
i already installed hardspl 1.24 on the phone

and now if i want to install the dutty v4 for my diamond .. alway when i click update to this rom its restarting active sync or the vista tool gets closed and the device isn't updating
on myother windows xp machine there is a application error if i want to start the dutty tool
can anybody help me?

thanks in advance and have a great week
rob

band27
Old
(Last edited by band27; 10th March 2009 at 12:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
You should install this using the internal method.

Just grab the .nbh file and rename it DIAMIMG.nbh

Put this in your Internal 4GB storage.

Soft reset your device and immediately press the Vol. Down and back button and a grey screen will appear. Vol up to install. After, don't forget to hard reset your phone.

robsterr
Old
(Last edited by robsterr; 10th March 2009 at 12:12 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
hey you

thanks for your quick answer

but it isn't working if i soft reset the device and press vol down and back (the arrow which is pinting to left) it doesn't open a menu!
do i need a special hard spl? or do i something wrong on the reset?

i just don't get te screen, it's just starting normally

really strange!

thanks in advance

band27
Old
(Last edited by band27; 10th March 2009 at 05:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsterr View Post
hey you

thanks for your quick answer

but it isn't working if i soft reset the device and press vol down and back (the arrow which is pinting to left) it doesn't open a menu!
do i need a special hard spl? or do i something wrong on the reset?

i just don't get te screen, it's just starting normally

really strange!

thanks in advance
No, a special hard spl is not required. Any one will do. You are probably not doing the procedure quick enough. Try again.

When you soft reset get your hands immediately ready to press both (Vol. Down + Back Arrow Button). HOLD this until you see the grey menu and follow the instructions.

And make sure the DIAMIMG.nbh file is in your Internal Storage (4GB)

scottwilkins
Old
Thanks Meter 0
On my phone, the vol-down + back-button doesn't work either. It just resets the phone as normal. A vol-down + enter-button does move it to the hard-reset screen though, then an up-arrow finishes the hard reset, but not loading the DIAMIMG.nbh file. Maybe they removed the vol-down + back-button? Or changed it somehow?
=================================
AT&T Tilt & HTC Fuze
Running "ROM of the day" via xda-developers
Are new PDA-Phones really that big?... The phone on the right is the original Motorola flip phone.
Cell phones until only a couple years ago really were not that much smaller. So if anyone comments on how big your PDA phone is, just laugh.

razorbud
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Make sure that your internal storage is FAT32, It wont work if it is anything else

LandyMan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
When you get to the grey screen, it tells you to Press the power button to update

scottwilkins
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorbud View Post
Make sure that your internal storage is FAT32, It wont work if it is anything else
Yep, fat32...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandyMan View Post
When you get to the grey screen, it tells you to Press the power button to update
Doesn't work, and the text is not there either.
AT&T Tilt & HTC Fuze
Are new PDA-Phones really that big?... The phone on the right is the original Motorola flip phone.
Cell phones until only a couple years ago really were not that much smaller. So if anyone comments on how big your PDA phone is, just laugh.

TheCuriousOne
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I also think it's important to change the name .nbh before you transfer it to your phone, at least it was for me!

scottwilkins
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well, I figured out one mystery. For my model version, it's not vol-down + back-arrow to get into the SPL screen on power up. It's vol-down only while powering on the device. Go figure!

Still stuck with no ability to install Hard SPL though
AT&T Tilt & HTC Fuze