5,595,067 Members 40,791 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

anyone willing to make me a simple custom ROM?

Tip us?
 
dahanist
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 60
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default anyone willing to make me a simple custom ROM?

Hi,
I am wanting a very simple custom rom but I am not sure how to "cook" one.
I've read the tutorials, etc.. but I'm still very confused.
I will try to get a hang of it, so I can make a truly customied Rom, but in a mean while can someone be kind enough to make me a basic custom ROM?

All I need/want is a UK ROM (or any english based rom) with Korean fonts, Korean Keyboard, Korean Thumb keyboard, Powerdic (All theses are pre-included in SKTELCOM ROM).
Korean Thumb Keyboard is like the one in HTC devices where you can type letters with onscreen number pad (I believe it's called "SKY II" in the Korean ROM)

Basically, I need an English ROM with full Korean Support. (powerdic is a dictionary program included in Korean ROM)
I could install softwares to my X1 with English ROM to get a similar result, and I tried but the result wasn't perfect - I was not able to read at some conditions and not able to write sometimes as well)

Can anyone PLEASE be kind enough to make one for me?
I hope it won't take that long..

Thanks for looking.
 
theredundant
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 253
Join Date: Nov 2008
no one will do it for free. you should consider giving some incentives, otherwise everyones' gonna ignore you
Device:
  • HTC "Leo" HD2 2009-2011
  • HTC "Pyramid" Sensation 2011-
 
FXP
Old
#3  
FXP's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 36376
Posts: 6,442
Join Date: Nov 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahanist View Post
Hi,
I am wanting a very simple custom rom but I am not sure how to "cook" one.
I've read the tutorials, etc.. but I'm still very confused.
I will try to get a hang of it, so I can make a truly customied Rom, but in a mean while can someone be kind enough to make me a basic custom ROM?

All I need/want is a UK ROM (or any english based rom) with Korean fonts, Korean Keyboard, Korean Thumb keyboard, Powerdic (All theses are pre-included in SKTELCOM ROM).
Korean Thumb Keyboard is like the one in HTC devices where you can type letters with onscreen number pad (I believe it's called "SKY II" in the Korean ROM)

Basically, I need an English ROM with full Korean Support. (powerdic is a dictionary program included in Korean ROM)
I could install softwares to my X1 with English ROM to get a similar result, and I tried but the result wasn't perfect - I was not able to read at some conditions and not able to write sometimes as well)

Can anyone PLEASE be kind enough to make one for me?
I hope it won't take that long..

Thanks for looking.
for this you have my kitchen
just use it
br
 
fards
Old
#4  
fards's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 663
Posts: 5,359
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Currently Reverse Engineering 42

 
DONATE TO ME
If I get a chance later I will

But I can't promise anything, it'll depend on how my time pans out.
Quote:
That phones too big!
why?
have you never held anything bigger than 4" in your hand?



Racing and building Human Powered Vehicles.
 
Cheeze[iT]
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 1,475
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx
You should try to cook it yourself? Maybe instead, ask for like a "How To Cook Basic Rom" guide or something. Just like being able to take someones rom and maybe tweak it a bit to your own liking? Less hassle for them and puts more control into your own hands.
 
dahanist
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 60
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeze[iT] View Post
You should try to cook it yourself? Maybe instead, ask for like a "How To Cook Basic Rom" guide or something. Just like being able to take someones rom and maybe tweak it a bit to your own liking? Less hassle for them and puts more control into your own hands.
Thanks for the reply.
I've actually read some tutorials and guides but could not fully understand.
So, I went one to try something, and I wasn't going anywhere.
First of all, I didn't know what folders had what, and did not configure how to mix components.
 
dahanist
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 60
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fards View Post
If I get a chance later I will

But I can't promise anything, it'll depend on how my time pans out.
Thanks a lot!
I'll try to figure something out in a mean while..
Hope I can find some who did something similar already..
 
jackleung
Old
#8  
jackleung's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 2,283
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA

 
DONATE TO ME
Most audience in here are English user. For this kind of language specific request, normally you should look for forums in yr language community. I am not sure about Korean, but I know there's a lot of those forums for Chinese and Russian (in fact, many of them are really hard-core hacker).

 
dahanist
Old
(Last edited by dahanist; 11th March 2009 at 07:29 PM.)
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 60
Join Date: Mar 2009
The reason I need help from ENG speaking people is that I live in Canada and I use my phone in this country.
Sadly, Korea uses a bit different structure for mobile phones and there are a few things that work differently - for example, SMS feature is a lot different.
Since I am a Korean-Canadian, I use Korean language as well.
Only thing I need is Korean language input/output, and possibly ABC tabs in contact list converted in Korean Language - I think I can find a way for this by modifying some registries.

If someone can at least make Packages from SKTELCOM ROM, then I guess I can finish the rest.

I tried extracting and got stuck in making them into packages..
Plus, I don't know where the language related files are usually located from the extracted stuff..
 
fards
Old
#10  
fards's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 663
Posts: 5,359
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Currently Reverse Engineering 42

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahanist View Post
The reason I need help from ENG speaking people is that I live in Canada and I use my phone in this country.
Sadly, Korea uses a bit different structure for mobile phones and there are a few things that work differently - for example, SMS feature is a lot different.
Since I am a Korean-Canadian, I use Korean language as well.
Only thing I need is Korean language input/output, and possibly ABC tabs in contact list converted in Korean Language - I think I can find a way for this by modifying some registries.

If someone can at least make Packages from SKTELCOM ROM, then I guess I can finish the rest.

I tried extracting and got stuck in making them into packages..
Plus, I don't know where the language related files are usually located from the extracted stuff..

Well I've just cooked you one, in fact two, but it's not booting. I'll try again tomorrow.


If you use evrius ultilanguage GUI rom kitchen, it'll extract the rom from nbh and make it into packages, it's all pretty easy to do. Then do the same with the UK (or NA) one and combine, but it's not happened with me tonight.
Language files are all those in 412 folders.
Quote:
That phones too big!
why?
have you never held anything bigger than 4" in your hand?



Racing and building Human Powered Vehicles.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Get the AOSP Lock Screen on Your ICS-Powered Samsung Device

Android is the only popular mobile operating system that allows users, … more

Motorola Droid RAZR HD and M to Receive KitKat in a “Few More Weeks”

Verizon and Motorola shocked us all back in November when … more

[APK] YouTube Update to 5.6 Now Lets You Cast Live Video to Your Chromecast

Earlier today, we talked about how Google brought two new apps to … more

[OTA Captured] Android 4.4.2 Now Rolling Out to the AT&T Galaxy S 4 Active

A little under two months ago, AT&T started rolling out … more