Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 49,875 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

anyone willing to make me a simple custom ROM?

Tip us?

dahanist
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default anyone willing to make me a simple custom ROM?

Hi,
I am wanting a very simple custom rom but I am not sure how to "cook" one.
I've read the tutorials, etc.. but I'm still very confused.
I will try to get a hang of it, so I can make a truly customied Rom, but in a mean while can someone be kind enough to make me a basic custom ROM?

All I need/want is a UK ROM (or any english based rom) with Korean fonts, Korean Keyboard, Korean Thumb keyboard, Powerdic (All theses are pre-included in SKTELCOM ROM).
Korean Thumb Keyboard is like the one in HTC devices where you can type letters with onscreen number pad (I believe it's called "SKY II" in the Korean ROM)

Basically, I need an English ROM with full Korean Support. (powerdic is a dictionary program included in Korean ROM)
I could install softwares to my X1 with English ROM to get a similar result, and I tried but the result wasn't perfect - I was not able to read at some conditions and not able to write sometimes as well)

Can anyone PLEASE be kind enough to make one for me?
I hope it won't take that long..

Thanks for looking.

theredundant
Old
Thanks Meter 4
no one will do it for free. you should consider giving some incentives, otherwise everyones' gonna ignore you
Device:
  • HTC "Leo" HD2 2009-2011
  • HTC "Pyramid" Sensation 2011-

jerpelea
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 37,068

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahanist View Post
Hi,
I am wanting a very simple custom rom but I am not sure how to "cook" one.
I've read the tutorials, etc.. but I'm still very confused.
I will try to get a hang of it, so I can make a truly customied Rom, but in a mean while can someone be kind enough to make me a basic custom ROM?

All I need/want is a UK ROM (or any english based rom) with Korean fonts, Korean Keyboard, Korean Thumb keyboard, Powerdic (All theses are pre-included in SKTELCOM ROM).
Korean Thumb Keyboard is like the one in HTC devices where you can type letters with onscreen number pad (I believe it's called "SKY II" in the Korean ROM)

Basically, I need an English ROM with full Korean Support. (powerdic is a dictionary program included in Korean ROM)
I could install softwares to my X1 with English ROM to get a similar result, and I tried but the result wasn't perfect - I was not able to read at some conditions and not able to write sometimes as well)

Can anyone PLEASE be kind enough to make one for me?
I hope it won't take that long..

Thanks for looking.
for this you have my kitchen
just use it
br

fards
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 770

DONATE TO ME
If I get a chance later I will

But I can't promise anything, it'll depend on how my time pans out.
Quote:
That phones too big!
why?
have you never held anything bigger than 4" in your hand?

Racing and building Human Powered Vehicles.

Cheeze[iT]
Old
Thanks Meter 58
You should try to cook it yourself? Maybe instead, ask for like a "How To Cook Basic Rom" guide or something. Just like being able to take someones rom and maybe tweak it a bit to your own liking? Less hassle for them and puts more control into your own hands.

dahanist
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeze[iT] View Post
You should try to cook it yourself? Maybe instead, ask for like a "How To Cook Basic Rom" guide or something. Just like being able to take someones rom and maybe tweak it a bit to your own liking? Less hassle for them and puts more control into your own hands.
Thanks for the reply.
I've actually read some tutorials and guides but could not fully understand.
So, I went one to try something, and I wasn't going anywhere.
First of all, I didn't know what folders had what, and did not configure how to mix components.

dahanist
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fards View Post
If I get a chance later I will

But I can't promise anything, it'll depend on how my time pans out.
Thanks a lot!
I'll try to figure something out in a mean while..
Hope I can find some who did something similar already..

jackleung
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
Most audience in here are English user. For this kind of language specific request, normally you should look for forums in yr language community. I am not sure about Korean, but I know there's a lot of those forums for Chinese and Russian (in fact, many of them are really hard-core hacker).

dahanist
Old
(Last edited by dahanist; 11th March 2009 at 07:29 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The reason I need help from ENG speaking people is that I live in Canada and I use my phone in this country.
Sadly, Korea uses a bit different structure for mobile phones and there are a few things that work differently - for example, SMS feature is a lot different.
Since I am a Korean-Canadian, I use Korean language as well.
Only thing I need is Korean language input/output, and possibly ABC tabs in contact list converted in Korean Language - I think I can find a way for this by modifying some registries.

If someone can at least make Packages from SKTELCOM ROM, then I guess I can finish the rest.

I tried extracting and got stuck in making them into packages..
Plus, I don't know where the language related files are usually located from the extracted stuff..

fards
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 770

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahanist View Post
The reason I need help from ENG speaking people is that I live in Canada and I use my phone in this country.
Sadly, Korea uses a bit different structure for mobile phones and there are a few things that work differently - for example, SMS feature is a lot different.
Since I am a Korean-Canadian, I use Korean language as well.
Only thing I need is Korean language input/output, and possibly ABC tabs in contact list converted in Korean Language - I think I can find a way for this by modifying some registries.

If someone can at least make Packages from SKTELCOM ROM, then I guess I can finish the rest.

I tried extracting and got stuck in making them into packages..
Plus, I don't know where the language related files are usually located from the extracted stuff..

Well I've just cooked you one, in fact two, but it's not booting. I'll try again tomorrow.

If you use evrius ultilanguage GUI rom kitchen, it'll extract the rom from nbh and make it into packages, it's all pretty easy to do. Then do the same with the UK (or NA) one and combine, but it's not happened with me tonight.
Language files are all those in 412 folders.
Quote:
That phones too big!
why?
have you never held anything bigger than 4" in your hand?

Racing and building Human Powered Vehicles.