App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more
Thread Closed

Recommend me a ROM :)

13th March 2009, 07:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29

337 posts
Hiya ppl

I would like to be recommened a ROM that fit my few, but yet important "demands"

Fast response, by fast i mean near-to-instant screen flip when keyboard is slided out, and near-to-instant program launch (You get the drift)
Finger friendly for every day use, standart UI is more stylus friendly than finger friendly.

Im sorry if this is "yet another one of those threads" but the forums is kinda "old" so theres soo many nice roms to choose from

//M
Last edited by m.klinge; 13th March 2009 at 07:57 PM.
13th March 2009, 07:47 PM   |  #2  
Moderator Committee - Assistant Forum Admin
Flag XDA Server Likes: The Art of War Hates: Cowards
Thanks Meter: 507

9,828 posts
Donate to Me
More
Flash flash flash till you find the ROM you want as it's personal preference on what ROM you will like.
13th March 2009, 07:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

337 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylez

Flash flash flash till you find the ROM you want as it's personal preference on what ROM you will like.

Yea however i would assume that one could narrow it abit down so that i dont have to try out like 30 different roms ^^

//M
13th March 2009, 08:02 PM   |  #4  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 5

157 posts
More
Look at the post counts and you'll get a pretty good idea of which ROMs are most highly thought of. The "recommend me a ROM" question is tough because it's like asking which is "the best" flavor of ice cream or which hair color is best for a girl. Everyone has their own preferences.

I've tried many. I currently am using HyperDragon (2/4 edition) and it's working well for me. I've used about six versions of HyperDragon and liked them all. Have also liked a number of others that are currently in vogue. FWIW.
13th March 2009, 08:14 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

337 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilf

Look at the post counts and you'll get a pretty good idea of which ROMs are most highly thought of. The "recommend me a ROM" question is tough because it's like asking which is "the best" flavor of ice cream or which hair color is best for a girl. Everyone has their own preferences.

I've tried many. I currently am using HyperDragon (2/4 edition) and it's working well for me. I've used about six versions of HyperDragon and liked them all. Have also liked a number of others that are currently in vogue. FWIW.

Hmm ok - i guess ill just try from the top and work my way down ^^

//M
13th March 2009, 08:40 PM   |  #6  
Flag Anna, TX
Thanks Meter: 0

41 posts
More
Before anyone starts to flame you, yah, you're going to have to try your own.

I've been running Phoenix 2.3 since it's been out (not very long), and to me, it's one of the best ROMs I've ever tried. Plus, the chefs are very active.

Best of luck.
13th March 2009, 08:45 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

108 posts
I am a new kaiser user and tried around 15 ROMs and finally decided to go on with eOS from -888-. It is light and very stable stable. I also liked the fact that -888- is still supporting the ROM.

Another ROM, I liked, is naked edition of AthineOS v.3.2 BlackStone:20757 from b16b. It is also a light ROM with lots of memory available. I wish the cook continued supporting the ROM.

I must say that I appreciate the efforts from all our genius cooks. However, as said before, you need to find the one that suites your taste.
13th March 2009, 08:47 PM   |  #8  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 5

157 posts
More
The only other thing I will suggest - if you're going to try out a bunch of ROMs, familiarize yourself with Sashimi. Makes the customization job a ton easier.
13th March 2009, 08:53 PM   |  #9  
Flag Owensboro, KY
Thanks Meter: 2

489 posts
More
The only thing you can do is to look at each ROM, look at its reviews, and try it yourself. The mods HATE this kind of thread and will come down on you with an iron fist.

Read Jimmy's announcement at the top, sir.
13th March 2009, 10:55 PM   |  #10  
Flag KY
Thanks Meter: 102

2,530 posts
More
i wish i were a mod so my cat would actually work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newthread_cat.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	166239  

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread