Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,420 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Foto's and Video's of the new Diamond

Tip us?

Alfredos
Old
(Last edited by Alfredos; 15th March 2009 at 12:24 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Foto's and Video's of the new Diamond

Some Photo's

Some Screenshots

Some Video's

Release of the Touch Diamond 2 at MWC 2009
Touch Diamond2 - Product Tour

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/16/f...d2-with-video/
http://www.pocketinfo.nl/nieuws/pocketinfotv/12028/pocketinfotv-mwc2009-htc-touch-diamond-2-door-mark-moons-htc-benelux (Dutch)
http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=3417
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJPc3...nd-2-hands-on/
http://www.mefeedia.com/entry/htc-to...ation/14546500
Mobile 6.5 on Diamond 2

gkai
Old
Thanks Meter 28
That's great to have all those pics in one place! D
BTW, do you have a picture of the other lateral side of the diamond 2? The one opposite to the volume up/down buttons?
I think that contrary to the HD, it is possible to access the microSD card without removing the back-cover (there is an external microsd slot), but I am not sure...

Alfredos
Old
(Last edited by Alfredos; 15th March 2009 at 12:03 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
caught in nature

Alfredos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
HTC Touch Diamond vs HTC Touch Diamond 2 size comparison

dazbert
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default No go . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkai View Post
That's great to have all those pics in one place! D
BTW, do you have a picture of the other lateral side of the diamond 2? The one opposite to the volume up/down buttons?
I think that contrary to the HD, it is possible to access the microSD card without removing the back-cover (there is an external microsd slot), but I am not sure...
The slot that can be seen on that side of the phone is the grille for the speaker. The MicroSD slot is below it, and is not accessible without removing the cover
Topaz, Iolite, Raphael and many more . .

gkai
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazbert View Post
The slot that can be seen on that side of the phone is the grille for the speaker. The MicroSD slot is below it, and is not accessible without removing the cover
Thanks for the info, it is unfortunate but not too bad, I intend to buy a 16 Gb micrsd anyway so it is not like I will swap those everyday ;)

Thickness comparison is very interesting, I wonder why such an increase of the bottom (cover) thickness, the frame seems to have remained more or less the same. If someone already have a physical TD2, it would be interesting to see the battery compartment compared to TD1, to see if the increase of size is more than what can be expected from the 900 mAh -> 1100 mAh transition. He he, I am already hoping for larger battery without changing the back cover ;)
Given that the electronic is not likely to be larger than in TD1, and that the screen is also unlikely to be thicker, I have the feeling that a larger battery could have been fitted easily, maybe at the expense of weight but this is much less a problem than size/thickness imho...

Besides that, the screen seems more bluish compared to the yellowish TD1 screen....That's something I like :)

THE GRIZZ
Old
(Last edited by THE GRIZZ; 15th March 2009 at 09:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
i think its step in the wrong direction from the old diamond in terms of external design

-the zoom bar just makes the phone bigger and its quite usless most of the time. having a smaller phone or a bigger 3.4" screen is much better.
-the old us diamond came with 1340mah even though its thinner and smaller

LaMpiR
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GRIZZ View Post
i think its step in the wrong direction from the old diamond in terms of external design

-the zoom bar just makes the phone bigger and its quite usless most of the time. having a smaller phone or a bigger 3.4" screen is much better.
I agree. Diamond2 is very ugly.

gkai
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GRIZZ View Post

-the old us diamond came with 1340mah even though its thinner and smaller
Agreed, the battery is too small, I smell an "extended" battery coming later (because it is more like the one included is reduced ;) )
The zoom bar is no problematic, it is the dead space below the buttons that should be reduced. This, if smaller side borders are possible, would allow a screen .2'' bigger, and it would be the perfect screen size/ portability for me, as I find the TD2 size just right.
Dead space seems like a very bad design decision for devices where space on the front side is at a premium.

ruffruff
Old
Thanks Meter 16
That's a very old ROM on the Diamond II...
looks like the early prototype ROM ...
-------------------
HTC Desire on custom Froyo with App2SD+