LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Foto's and Video's of the new Diamond

OP Alfredos

15th March 2009, 12:53 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 28

230 posts
More
That's great to have all those pics in one place! D
BTW, do you have a picture of the other lateral side of the diamond 2? The one opposite to the volume up/down buttons?
I think that contrary to the HD, it is possible to access the microSD card without removing the back-cover (there is an external microsd slot), but I am not sure...
15th March 2009, 11:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

105 posts
More
caught in nature

Last edited by Alfredos; 15th March 2009 at 12:03 PM.
15th March 2009, 12:15 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

105 posts
More
HTC Touch Diamond vs HTC Touch Diamond 2 size comparison

15th March 2009, 01:17 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
More
No go . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkai

That's great to have all those pics in one place! D
BTW, do you have a picture of the other lateral side of the diamond 2? The one opposite to the volume up/down buttons?
I think that contrary to the HD, it is possible to access the microSD card without removing the back-cover (there is an external microsd slot), but I am not sure...

The slot that can be seen on that side of the phone is the grille for the speaker. The MicroSD slot is below it, and is not accessible without removing the cover
15th March 2009, 03:03 PM   |  #6  

230 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazbert

The slot that can be seen on that side of the phone is the grille for the speaker. The MicroSD slot is below it, and is not accessible without removing the cover

Thanks for the info, it is unfortunate but not too bad, I intend to buy a 16 Gb micrsd anyway so it is not like I will swap those everyday ;)

Thickness comparison is very interesting, I wonder why such an increase of the bottom (cover) thickness, the frame seems to have remained more or less the same. If someone already have a physical TD2, it would be interesting to see the battery compartment compared to TD1, to see if the increase of size is more than what can be expected from the 900 mAh -> 1100 mAh transition. He he, I am already hoping for larger battery without changing the back cover ;)
Given that the electronic is not likely to be larger than in TD1, and that the screen is also unlikely to be thicker, I have the feeling that a larger battery could have been fitted easily, maybe at the expense of weight but this is much less a problem than size/thickness imho...

Besides that, the screen seems more bluish compared to the yellowish TD1 screen....That's something I like :)
15th March 2009, 09:04 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

544 posts
i think its step in the wrong direction from the old diamond in terms of external design

-the zoom bar just makes the phone bigger and its quite usless most of the time. having a smaller phone or a bigger 3.4" screen is much better.
-the old us diamond came with 1340mah even though its thinner and smaller
Last edited by THE GRIZZ; 15th March 2009 at 09:07 PM.
16th March 2009, 12:08 AM   |  #8  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 4

199 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GRIZZ

i think its step in the wrong direction from the old diamond in terms of external design

-the zoom bar just makes the phone bigger and its quite usless most of the time. having a smaller phone or a bigger 3.4" screen is much better.

I agree. Diamond2 is very ugly.
16th March 2009, 09:19 AM   |  #9  

230 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GRIZZ

-the old us diamond came with 1340mah even though its thinner and smaller

Agreed, the battery is too small, I smell an "extended" battery coming later (because it is more like the one included is reduced ;) )
The zoom bar is no problematic, it is the dead space below the buttons that should be reduced. This, if smaller side borders are possible, would allow a screen .2'' bigger, and it would be the perfect screen size/ portability for me, as I find the TD2 size just right.
Dead space seems like a very bad design decision for devices where space on the front side is at a premium.
16th March 2009, 09:22 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 16

458 posts
That's a very old ROM on the Diamond II...
looks like the early prototype ROM ...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread