Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 52,044 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2 Side Voice Recording on Kaiser **WORKS**

Tip us?

mskip
Old
(Last edited by mskip; 11th November 2009 at 09:56 AM.)
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13,711

DONATE TO ME
Default 2 Side Voice Recording on Kaiser **WORKS**

I made a simple cab from the registry settings that you install to device memory, then soft reset and use any voice recorder (HTC Voice Recorder, VITOAudio Notes, Resco Audio Recorder) to record both sides of the conversation. I have tried it with several Roms, dialers and skins too and it works fine with all these and no adverse affect on normal conversation

Might be worth cooking into a Rom to give 2 side recording as standard.

Tested and working on the following Roms:
SimpleOS Xtralite v2.1, HyperDragon 4th Feb, PDA Corner Ultimate v17, v19 & v20, Anryl's 15/3 6.S rom, AthineOS WWE, WM6.5 betas (HyperDragon and PDA Corner works with HTC Voice Recorder and VITO Audio Notes, rest confirmed with VITO Audio Notes).

Download the 2_Way_Recording cab (rapidshare) *HERE*

EDIT:
Made a new cab combining my 2 way recording plus the incall enable edit from pocketnow.com to enable BOTH sides to be recorded clearly from the dialer menu after a call has been established. It does not affect the ability to use a 3rd party app if you want, just gives you extra ease so you dont have to load any new programs up when you are in a call. Install the following cab to device memory, then once a call has been established just goto the dialer menu and select record. It will record in .wav format and save the recording to the Device\My Documents\Notes folder.

Download the 2_Way_Plus_InCall_Recording cab (rapidshare) *HERE*

msd24200
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
First thanks to nick_martin for originally posting this in the ICR for Kaiser (2 side call recording software) thread.

I just made a simple cab from the registry settings that you install to device memory, then soft reset and use any voice recorder (HTC Voice Recorder, VITOAudio Notes, Resco Audio Recorder) to record both sides of the conversation. I have tried it with several Roms, dialers and skins too and it works fine with all these and no adverse affect on normal conversation

Download the cab *HERE*
so sweet ty skip
Phone:Motorola Atrix
Old Phone:HTC Aria
Old Phone:AT&T TILT
SPL:Hard-SPL-v3.56
Rom:custom
Radio:Varies with rom
8gig micro sdhc

I'm now in "THE CLICK"
WM6.5Themes some by me
UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADERS
Swype Rage

Travito
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thank you for this contribution.
Active
Me:

Carrier: AT&T with unlimited/uncapped everything, incl. data (work issued phone)
ROM: OmniROM KitKat Nightlies

Wife:
My old Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Verizon

Decommissioned
  • iPhone 4S on AT&T (First work issued phone)
  • iPhone 4 on AT&T
  • iPhone 3G on AT&T
  • HTC Kaiser / TyTN II / AT&T Tilt on AT&T running "PHOENIX III - Improving Upon Perfection"
  • HTC Wizard

stylez
Old
Moderator Committee - Assistant Forum Admin
Thanks Meter 507

DONATE TO ME
Thanks bruv gotta try this out

MAKO / GROUPER / XOOM / G1

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13,711

DONATE TO ME
If it works for you then report back what phone, rom and radio you are using it on please

zard
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
First thanks to nick_martin for originally posting this in the ICR for Kaiser (2 side call recording software) thread.

I just made a simple cab from the registry settings that you install to device memory, then soft reset and use any voice recorder (HTC Voice Recorder, VITOAudio Notes, Resco Audio Recorder) to record both sides of the conversation. I have tried it with several Roms, dialers and skins too and it works fine with all these and no adverse affect on normal conversation

Download the cab *HERE*
I tested on two different roms. The first rom from Anryl's 6.S rom 21179 didn't work. Tried two radios (didn't take note since it didn't work). Was using Resco audio recorder and when in record mode, call comes in, message popped up saying cpu overload.

This morning, I tried on SimpleOS Xtralite v2.1 and with the radio recommended (1.70.18.02), it works. The audio from far end is rather soft during playback.

Congratulations!

Yusuke14
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Works great for me, ty for sharing this, as i'm sure most of us wouldn't have seen it in the original thread.
Thanks alot mskip

Oh and I'm using an AT&T Tilt with Hyperdragons 02/04/2009 IOLITE Rom with Kaiser 1.65.21.18 Radio. Worked just fine using builtin htc audio recorder and Vito Audio Notes Touch
Device: HTC Inspire 4G
ROM: EnergyROM
Radio: 12.65.60.29_26.14.04.28_M
RIL: 2.2.0201HM

Retired Device: AT&T Tilt 2 - HardSPL'd
ROM: EnergyROM
Radio: 4.49.25.95

It's only Illegal if you get caught...

zard
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by zard View Post
I tested on two different roms. The first rom from Anryl's 6.S rom 21179 didn't work. Tried two radios (didn't take note since it didn't work). Was using Resco audio recorder and when in record mode, call comes in, message popped up saying cpu overload.

This morning, I tried on SimpleOS Xtralite v2.1 and with the radio recommended (1.70.18.02), it works. The audio from far end is rather soft during playback.

Congratulations!
Tested on Anryl's 15/3 6.S rom after fresh flashing. Works with 1.70.18.02 radio. I only have SMS restored, Resco Explorer, PCMKeyboard and Resco Audio Recorder installed. Didn't get the cpu overload problem. Need to complete my Exchange 2007 Sync and finish installing the rest of the apps again before I test again.

Recording volume is rather soft though, even though volume had been set to maximum, same as for my TyTN II volume.

eastwoodwang
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It seems not work in Diamond..

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13,711

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwoodwang View Post
It seems not work in Diamond..