2 Side Voice Recording on Kaiser **WORKS**

14th March 2009, 11:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 13,719

11,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
I made a simple cab from the registry settings that you install to device memory, then soft reset and use any voice recorder (HTC Voice Recorder, VITOAudio Notes, Resco Audio Recorder) to record both sides of the conversation. I have tried it with several Roms, dialers and skins too and it works fine with all these and no adverse affect on normal conversation

Might be worth cooking into a Rom to give 2 side recording as standard.

Tested and working on the following Roms:
SimpleOS Xtralite v2.1, HyperDragon 4th Feb, PDA Corner Ultimate v17, v19 & v20, Anryl's 15/3 6.S rom, AthineOS WWE, WM6.5 betas (HyperDragon and PDA Corner works with HTC Voice Recorder and VITO Audio Notes, rest confirmed with VITO Audio Notes).

Download the 2_Way_Recording cab (rapidshare) *HERE*

EDIT:
Made a new cab combining my 2 way recording plus the incall enable edit from pocketnow.com to enable BOTH sides to be recorded clearly from the dialer menu after a call has been established. It does not affect the ability to use a 3rd party app if you want, just gives you extra ease so you dont have to load any new programs up when you are in a call. Install the following cab to device memory, then once a call has been established just goto the dialer menu and select record. It will record in .wav format and save the recording to the Device\My Documents\Notes folder.

Download the 2_Way_Plus_InCall_Recording cab (rapidshare) *HERE*
Last edited by mskip; 11th November 2009 at 09:56 AM.
14th March 2009, 11:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag KY
Thanks Meter: 102

2,530 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

First thanks to nick_martin for originally posting this in the ICR for Kaiser (2 side call recording software) thread.

I just made a simple cab from the registry settings that you install to device memory, then soft reset and use any voice recorder (HTC Voice Recorder, VITOAudio Notes, Resco Audio Recorder) to record both sides of the conversation. I have tried it with several Roms, dialers and skins too and it works fine with all these and no adverse affect on normal conversation

Download the cab *HERE*

so sweet ty skip
14th March 2009, 11:18 PM   |  #3  
Flag Owensboro, KY
Thanks Meter: 2

489 posts
More
Thank you for this contribution.
14th March 2009, 11:23 PM   |  #4  
Moderator Committee - Assistant Forum Admin
Flag XDA Server Likes: The Art of War Hates: Cowards
Thanks Meter: 507

9,828 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks bruv gotta try this out
14th March 2009, 11:37 PM   |  #5  
Flag Norfolk

11,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
If it works for you then report back what phone, rom and radio you are using it on please
16th March 2009, 03:26 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 183

3,001 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

First thanks to nick_martin for originally posting this in the ICR for Kaiser (2 side call recording software) thread.

I just made a simple cab from the registry settings that you install to device memory, then soft reset and use any voice recorder (HTC Voice Recorder, VITOAudio Notes, Resco Audio Recorder) to record both sides of the conversation. I have tried it with several Roms, dialers and skins too and it works fine with all these and no adverse affect on normal conversation

Download the cab *HERE*

I tested on two different roms. The first rom from Anryl's 6.S rom 21179 didn't work. Tried two radios (didn't take note since it didn't work). Was using Resco audio recorder and when in record mode, call comes in, message popped up saying cpu overload.

This morning, I tried on SimpleOS Xtralite v2.1 and with the radio recommended (1.70.18.02), it works. The audio from far end is rather soft during playback.

Congratulations!
16th March 2009, 04:59 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 6

78 posts
More
Works great for me, ty for sharing this, as i'm sure most of us wouldn't have seen it in the original thread.
Thanks alot mskip

Oh and I'm using an AT&T Tilt with Hyperdragons 02/04/2009 IOLITE Rom with Kaiser 1.65.21.18 Radio. Worked just fine using builtin htc audio recorder and Vito Audio Notes Touch
16th March 2009, 05:12 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 183

3,001 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zard

I tested on two different roms. The first rom from Anryl's 6.S rom 21179 didn't work. Tried two radios (didn't take note since it didn't work). Was using Resco audio recorder and when in record mode, call comes in, message popped up saying cpu overload.

This morning, I tried on SimpleOS Xtralite v2.1 and with the radio recommended (1.70.18.02), it works. The audio from far end is rather soft during playback.

Congratulations!

Tested on Anryl's 15/3 6.S rom after fresh flashing. Works with 1.70.18.02 radio. I only have SMS restored, Resco Explorer, PCMKeyboard and Resco Audio Recorder installed. Didn't get the cpu overload problem. Need to complete my Exchange 2007 Sync and finish installing the rest of the apps again before I test again.

Recording volume is rather soft though, even though volume had been set to maximum, same as for my TyTN II volume.
16th March 2009, 04:57 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Unhappy
It seems not work in Diamond..
16th March 2009, 08:32 PM   |  #10  
Flag Norfolk

11,162 posts
Donate to Me
More