Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 50,652 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2 Side Voice Recording on Kaiser **WORKS**

Tip us?

py2bl
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Great job mskip ! Finally working for me !
ROM AthineOS WWE, RADIO 1.71.09.01 and VITO AUDIO NOTES 1.37

Thanks

volumnus
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Default Finally got this to work with stock AT&T Tilt

Thanks to everyone involved.

Vito Audio Notes was tricky to figure out. I uninstalled and reinstalled it several times before I got the settings right.

Move the yellow equalizer all the way to the left when recording. Set the microphone gain to high.

If you move the yellow equalizer all the way to the right, it will only record very loud sounds, which doesn't work for recording phone calls. If you set the microphone gain to low, the recording will be hard to hear when you play it back. You'll have to hold the speaker up to your ear.

stylez
Old
Moderator Committee - Assistant Forum Admin
Thanks Meter 507

DONATE TO ME
Thanks mskip & OP

Runs perfect with PDA v.19 & VITO AUDIO NOTES 1.37
Can't believe that after all this time 2 way works wonder if it would on Dash?

stylez.

MAKO / GROUPER / XOOM / G1

erwinpiero
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Thanks Sir mskip,
Could it be mirrored?
Thank You
HTC One M7 - Deadly Whitey
ROM Android Revolution HD v70 KitKat 4.4.2 - Sense 6.0
Kernel ElementalX v14.7

jorra
Old
Thanks Meter 117
This is so sweet, now we have 2 solutions on a issue that I've been trying to solve for about 1,5 year...

What happens if you install this fix with the ICR driver installed??? Let's try! I'll report back later for those of you who allready use ICR but want a louder recording.

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13633

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylez View Post
Thanks mskip & OP

Runs perfect with PDA v.19 & VITO AUDIO NOTES 1.37
Can't believe that after all this time 2 way works wonder if it would on Dash?

stylez.
I dont know you should try it lol its only a registry edit rather than overwriting drivers and if it doesnt work you can uninstall it

Yeah I know what you mean I have been looking for some way to record both sides of a conversation for about 3 years when I got my old Hermes. Even tried going through bluetooth to my pc and recording that way lol. All it took was a few simple registry changes to allow this. I was always told it was a hardware problem and would never be possible lol. Im happy now

jorra
Old
Thanks Meter 117
When I went into my registry to test this method my values was already set as the original post (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=75)...
I wonder if this is what ICR does, is it the same solution??? Have anybody done a deep analysis of the ICR cab?

I was hoping for a louder recording...

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13633

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorra View Post
This is so sweet, now we have 2 solutions on a issue that I've been trying to solve for about 1,5 year...

What happens if you install this fix with the ICR driver installed??? Let's try! I'll report back later for those of you who allready use ICR but want a louder recording.
Ok let me know what happens

After you install ICR the only way to get rid of it is a Hard Reset. Not sure how they will work together maybe the registry edit will bump up the volume with icr.

I think the registry changes are more compatable then using ICR as alot of people seem to have problems getting it working.

Report back

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13633

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorra View Post
When I went into my registry to test this method my values was already set as the original post (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=75)...
I wonder if this is what ICR does, is it the same solution??? Have anybody done a deep analysis of the ICR cab?

I was hoping for a louder recording...
I guess if your recorded volume didnt increase then ICR is taking control of rerouting the incoming sound. With JUST the registry changes the volume is very loud. I had a 30 minute phone call yesterday and VITO Audio Notes recorded both sides perfectly. Maybe you could try a hard reset sometime to get rid of ICR and then try a comparison with just the registry cab

stylez
Old
Moderator Committee - Assistant Forum Admin
Thanks Meter 507

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
I dont know you should try it lol its only a registry edit rather than overwriting drivers and if it doesnt work you can uninstall it

Yeah I know what you mean I have been looking for some way to record both sides of a conversation for about 3 years when I got my old Hermes. Even tried going through bluetooth to my pc and recording that way lol. All it took was a few simple registry changes to allow this. I was always told it was a hardware problem and would never be possible lol. Im happy now
Never guess what it works
Going to do a bit more testing as not sure if the RoseROM worked without as never tested it will also test Kavana's "as know that didn't", will link to you if all fine.

MAKO / GROUPER / XOOM / G1