No registration required

Neck Strap for Touch HD

OP whiplash78

16th March 2009, 01:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

47 posts
More
...the summer is coming....nobody found Neck Strap for our HD ??

thx a lot

Bye
17th March 2009, 05:05 AM   |  #2  
Flag Canberra Australia
Thanks Meter: 7

658 posts
More
There is nowhere to hook the neck strap unless you could attach it to a case and its a rather large phone to have hanging around your neck, could be a health hazard.
8th April 2009, 04:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

47 posts
More
no one found something?
9th April 2009, 06:03 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 47

1,284 posts
I think Seal's post pretty much sum'ed it up, there's no where to attach the strap, your only hope is some case with a built in loop of sorts, besides that wouldnt you feel a bit of a wa..er walking around with HD swinging all over the place? Seal is right again it could be hazardous for yourself or others walking near you
9th April 2009, 09:25 AM   |  #5  
Flag LONDON
Thanks Meter: 1

310 posts
More
Smile Heres the solution
YES YOU CAN!!!

I used a heated pin to melt two tiny holes into the bottom of a plastic hard case which i got from ebay. You then simply thread the neck strap clip as you would normally. I added a touch of epoxy resin to the holes prior to threading the neck strap clip just so the holes wouldn't wear

@homer285....You are right, although you wont look stupid if like myself you put the hanging HD into a shirt pocket. It will move all over the place otherwise.
Last edited by nicholasendean; 9th April 2009 at 09:28 AM.
19th April 2009, 03:34 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

164 posts
neck strap is childish. and if your HD is neck strapped, that's gay. wtf u neck strap a >1000$ phone?
19th April 2009, 03:41 PM   |  #7  

351 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasendean

YES YOU CAN!!!

I used a heated pin to melt two tiny holes into the bottom of a plastic hard case which i got from ebay. You then simply thread the neck strap clip as you would normally. I added a touch of epoxy resin to the holes prior to threading the neck strap clip just so the holes wouldn't wear

@homer285....You are right, although you wont look stupid if like myself you put the hanging HD into a shirt pocket. It will move all over the place otherwise.

hehehe, might I be correct saying that your last phone died from a serious fall? I have mine in top pocket (without strap) in silicon skin which keeps it there quite well.
21st April 2009, 08:56 AM   |  #8  

49 posts
Won't it be a strain on your neck with a device as heavy as a HTC HD?
21st April 2009, 11:37 AM   |  #9  
Flag Southampton

61 posts
More
TBH Would you wanna show off a 300 phone to chavs & a such when these kinda things on show get people mugged & stabbed?!

Come think people lol!!!
22nd April 2009, 07:58 AM   |  #10  
Flag las vegas

22 posts
More
i did attach a sandisk lanyard from one of my usb thumb drives to my touch diamond so that it would be easy to pull out of my pocket and i wouldnt lose it as easily but i soon realized that htc made one fatal mistake when they designed the strap port
if you have it around your neck for example and you let it fall the case cover pops right off and there goes your 750 dollar brand new diamond on the concrete.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread