Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

Is the Titan dying?

OP lupiniii

17th September 2009, 12:48 PM   |  #31  
OP Member
Flag Beverly Hills
Thanks Meter: 0

53 posts
"You call it a hobby. We call it hope."
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMogul6800

The Titan is still a good phone. You can get them cheap and Mod them pretty well. Might not have as much memory as newer phones but it is still a nice phone. Very durable as well, its pretty hard to Brick a Titan while flashing. I have seen them stepped on, thrown, and dropped and still function 100%. Long live the Titan lol.

Many thanks are owed to you, Ryan, and the countless others who have made all this possible. Long live the Titan! hehe
17th September 2009, 03:03 PM   |  #32  

36 posts
Last week after having my Titan for a year, I upgraded to the tp2. The funny thing is that I think of the Touch Pro 2 as a Titan that actually works. I was especially blow away when I was watching a youtube clip on the htc youtube player and a phone call came in, the phone stopped the play back and switched to the dialer screen in a flash.

Even after all this I'm still not getting rid of my Titan anytime soon, the next project is to load up something like tomtom and use it as a GPS for my car.
21st September 2009, 07:52 AM   |  #33  
Flag Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 17

98 posts
I just got my xv6800 brand new from Verizon - they still had a few left. The xv6800 and the i760 are the last two phones you can get from Verizon without a forced data plan. So I think the used ones will hold their value for awhile and the following will stick around as well.

This is my first smart phone and I must say I was very surprised at the number of phone geeks out there! The amount of software, hacks, roms, etc. available for this phone was also surprising.
8th October 2009, 10:45 AM   |  #34  

19 posts
I think this thread and idea is kind of stupid.

I just gave a Palm V to someone as a gift. It is ... over ten years old I think. Still a very useful device.

The Titan is a very cool little device. It will remain so for many years.
9th October 2009, 10:03 AM   |  #35  
OP Member
Flag Beverly Hills

53 posts
Titan purists...
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmriis

I think this thread and idea is kind of stupid.

I just gave a Palm V to someone as a gift. It is ... over ten years old I think. Still a very useful device.

The Titan is a very cool little device. It will remain so for many years.

Not sure how long you've been around these forums, but if it's been a while then you would notice that support, while still available today, is not what it used to be just a year ago and so on backward. This thread was started to see how many people still have their Titans, are using them (if you're here of course you would be or maybe you got lost along the way), and most importantly are still developing for it. Many developers (contributors) over the years have moved on to other newer models.

For those of us who still have our Titan, duh clearly it's not dead, but that doesn't mean it's not dying. I for one love my Titan, but now after several years believe it might be time to move on. Maybe I'll be giving my Titan away as a gift, like I did with my HTC Apache XV6700.

Bottom line is this thread was started to see how many people contributing are still out there and how active they are to the Titan cause.

Peace out!
9th October 2009, 02:57 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 3

52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupiniii

For those of us who still have our Titan, duh clearly it's not dead....

Actually, mine might be. Yesterday, I ordered a new Touch Pro 2 to replace my Mogul. I think I've really hurt the Titan's feelings.

Today, it refuses to boot. It hangs part way into its boot process, or if it finishes booting, it hangs shortly thereafter. Yesterday it worked fine.

I called it a moment ago from my desk phone and it told me about the incoming call, vibrated and rang. But when I clicked "answer", it locked up.

The new phone will be here Monday. Good thing.

Anyway, I guess that helps to answer the original question. Some of us are moving away from the Titan because it is reaching its end of life - literally.

PS - after sitting for five minutes, suddenly I got a popup saying that "A problem has occurred with cprog.exe. Please tell Microsoft about this problem...."
13th October 2009, 02:28 PM   |  #37  
OP Member
Flag Beverly Hills

53 posts
And on to new horizons...
I took the leap and switched carriers from Verizon to AT&T and in doing so I purchased the new HTC Pure. I canít wait to test it out and see what new features are in-store for me. Iím not sure which HTC model the Pure actually is, I think it's the next generation Touch Diamond2, but I don't seem to see it on the site's phone list. It might be the Topaz.

So now in a just few short days my Titan will be headed for a drawer or box in a closet. Ha-ha. Nah, I'll still be on here seeing what cool new builds and things you guys come up with. I want to try to get the GPS to work without a carrier, if possible and fiddle around some.

So I guess even seriously maimed Titan still eludes death!
18th October 2009, 01:04 PM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 1

41 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by serfboreds

I think that many of us will just continue supporting the titan as changes happen, and not move forward until there is a better phone for us. I don't like the TP completely, even on sprint cause the titan is so near perfect in design. Ram and resolution are the only issues for me, I love the buttons and roller and would love to be able to open it up and solder a 2GB chip onboard.

Android is interesting, but there may be software and hardware issues that could plague it from being a great solution, but I would love to see it work.

Yeah that would be great if you figure that one out (2 Gb) I will dump some cheese on you and I know many other would to. I had the Diamond before it was available, went thru 2 in 3 weeks and they bumped me to the TP. My interest in that lasted for almost a month. I started with the Touch, but like the Titan best of all. Currently I am running Mattsm 23069 6.5 with the M2d Mega from WhiteAliens thread.
19th October 2009, 07:01 AM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 33

137 posts
Oh it's definitely interesting seeing just how many people still develop for the Titan.

For me, the reason I hang onto it is because Verizon doesn't seem to have anything out there that compares. They don't seem to sell the other HTC items anymore, and they seem to have a hard on for Blackberries. The Blackverry Storm leaves skid marks on the bowl, and the software for the Storm 2 won't be any different (though the hardware will be improved).

I'm waiting for the Pre, though I'm starting to get psyched about the Droid phones.
19th October 2009, 02:23 PM   |  #40  
Thanks Meter: 17

1,276 posts
More
The touch pro 2 is out for verizon and it is great and nothing like gps is blocked.

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread