Originally Posted by LaurensBER
I have bought an MDA Compact IV and i'm trying to install a different ROM on this.
So far I have flashed the SPL to : SPL-1.90.Olinex (as verifyed in the boot loader) and I'm trying to flash an rom image, it aborts with an 244 error.
I have tried to flash other SPL's but they don't work with an 244 error (device not compatible). The Device is already Sim-Lock free.
Olinex means that I flashed the SPL correctly right? What can I do to resolve the 244 error?
This is my first post, but to save you time reading and searching different forums; (Thats all I have been doing the last few months), here are some questions and things you should do first. I have already flashed my device successfully about 30 times.
1. Your device is GSM and not CDMA? If it's GSM I can help if not I'm sorry, I blank out here.
2. Which ROM you're trying to install? Coocked ROMs need specific Hard SPL. Chech the chief's recommendation for that. Stock ROMs are OK with your SPL.
3. Prepare your PC: Not to complicate things you need a PC running XP (English version,RUU seems to have a problem with other languages) with service pack 2 and netframework 3.5 instaled, you can get the .NET file from the Microsoft site for free. Do not use USB Hubs, plug your phone directly to your PC. Disable hibernation and all unwated programmes running in the background and do'nt launch any programmes during the upgrade process.
4. Prepare your Phone: Install Cert_SPCS (search the forum), its a cab file that modifies security policies in the registry. Install netframework compact
3.5 on your phone, get it from the Microsoft site: plug in your phone, sync it and run the compact from your PC. Watch for prompts on your phone screen and accept them. Remmember to install the above in the device memmory and not the device storage.
5. Run your preferred RUU. Problems still? let me know, will be glad to help.