WM 6.5 Themes and Development
EDIT: Post your questions and discoveries regarding WM6.5 skinning here. For finished themes, you may visit this thread. Thanks.
My aim is to centralize WM6.5 Themes and any discovery on how to skin items such as messageboxes, etc. and any discovery on which could be changed via registry values.
I myself have just started on playing around with it and here is what I have so far:
1) Files could be saved anywhere on the Storage memory. I opted to save my image files and tsk files on \My Documents\Themes folder instead of overwriting the default files on the \Windows directory.
2) Which could be skinned: Bubble, Listview, Menu, Messagebox, Scrollbar, Tabview, Taskbar, Toast, UpDown Control.
3) Main Registry keys/values to look at:
- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\MultiColorThemeEnabl ed = 1
- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Bubble, etc.
- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Color\MultiColorTheme\Them eColors
- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Color\MultiColorTheme\Them eValues
As an example i created a theme posted on post#2.
Anything you discover with regards to theme generation or any registry keys to consider you can post on this thread. Thanks.
If you have created your own themes, you are welcome to post them here! :)
Originally Posted by m.carroll
WM6.5 Theme Colors Wiki! - http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...5_Theme_Colors
Hopefully the beginning of something extremely useful. Trying to put together some sort of idea of how the whole thing works together.
edit this page to update your findings! I've been very hit and miss in finding what these registry values actually change, although I think I've got a pretty good handle on how the whole thing works...
If you need some explanation, please drop a PM I'd be happy to explain so we can all figure this out.
Originally Posted by jonnrb
A 'theme' cab is simply a .CAB renamed to .TSK. My instructions aren't 'there' but they're simply in-between the lines (I added this to my (now) mega-post):
1. Name your theme (use your name instead of the *)
2. Make your images according to the guidelines set. If you don't know what each image does, unpack some of the original shipped themes to get some ideas.
3. Make the TSK. Use WinCECabManager to edit my base theme so that wherever a key says "REPLACEWITHNAME" in the Registry section, put in *.
4. Add wallpapers. This is where you have to make separate files for VGA and QVGA. You need stwater_640_480.jpg, stwater_480_640.jpg, stwater_320_240.jpg, and stwater_640_480.jpg each at the resolutions given. Just drag and drop your files (these will be the backgrounds) into the Files section of your TSK and put them in the Windows folder and select Hard Code Path.
5. Save your TSK and create a new CAB. This will be your theme installer.
6. Drag and drop all of your TSK theme elements and the TSK itself into the files section and put all of the files in /My Documents/Themes/*/ and select Hard Code Path.
7. Test your theme by installing it. Select your theme in the Today settings and check that all of your theme elements are displayed. If some aren't, make sure you have everything in the right path and at the right resolution (also check filename!). If you had to edit something, just recompile your theme and test again.
8. If your theme works, share it!
We all love a new theme in our midst
Make sure you take some screenshots (preferably of the Home Screen and the Dialer with the right soft-key pressed) with SPB Screenshot. Then add your screenshots to the PSD template that is provided in the first post of this thread
Current Android Devices: Huawei Boulder, Samsung Galaxy Pocket, Cherry Mobile Flare and Sony Xperia Z!