Touch Pro II vs. Touch HD
Well, im ready to upgrade from my 3125 (which is starting to fail after 2 years) to a touch screened WinMo phone (despite several friends/co-workers trying to get me into the iphone) I was strongly for the Touch HD for a while, then the Touch Pro II was announced and i started looking into it. Its not a bad phone.
Question is, which would be better overall?
The biggest selling point for the HD is the 3.5mm audio jack (why HTC or other phone manufactures dont make this standard ill never know, given the high demand and how pretty much every phone plays music now). My 3125 does play music, and has front audio controls (which ive discovered are more of a hassle than a bonus) ive found i dont use it to play music as much as i hoped i would. This is, in majority, due to the lack of a 3.5 jack. I managed to get a Bluetooh Stereo receiver, however the sound quality is sub-par, and it creates severe lag with the phone, and so, i rarely use it.
I do sync it to my outlook, use it to update appointments, notifications and contact list (im super forgetful of events, so it helps remind me)
Now on the flip side, the biggest selling point for the Touch Pro 2 is the hard keyboard (obviously). While i messed around with a soft keyboard on an iPod Touch, and im pretty sure i could get use to it, ive read that the HD used a resistant screen, so it wouldn't be as responsive as the ipod touch/iphone. Plus it would be nice to have hardware keys for fun stuff such as playing mobile games.
Outside of those two unique features, they seem like identical smartphones. I just have a couple questions about them..
1. This may be a stupid one, but since im in the U.S. i have to ask. It looks like the Touch Pro 2 will be able to go on the AT&T network (seeing as how T-Mobile is bringing it in), but Will the Touch HD also be accepted on the AT&T network? (i do understand it will NOT do 3g. I have no plans to use the network in that fashion, and if i do, non-3g will be enough)
2. Does the Touch Pro 2 have a G sensor for screen rotation and the like? From videos ive seen, it only shows it switching the screen orientation when they pull out the keyboard. And the G-sensor is something i would like to take advantage of.
3. Do both devices use the 'standard' (i use that term loosely) mini-usb connection? (same that's on the touch pro). I ask to see if the Mini-usb connections (such as the 3.5 jack converter) will work on it. It looks like the touch pro 2 does use it, but i haven't seen the jack on the HD as of yet.
3. I know the HD doesn't have IR, does the Touch Pro 2? (not essential, but it would be fun to play around with and make a remote out of it)
4. On the Touch Pro 2, will it play Media files using the 'Straight Talk' loud speaker? Additionally, hows the sound quality of that speaker?
Now, the TP2 looks pretty nice, and very functional & business like. However im not much into business (aside from programming) and will likely not use the conference feature much, if at all. The HD is more of the multi-media phone which is more or less what i want, but i cant ignore all the features and the hard keyboard of the Touch Pro 2.
Previous Phone - Startrek (or 3125); HTC Touch Pro 2
Current phone - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Jelly Bean 4.3 - Stock