Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 47,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RES] HTC Fuze ONLY - Flash Stock SPL & ROM to Restore for Warranty Purposes

Tip us?

JZ SmartMort
Old
(Last edited by JZ SmartMort; 12th January 2010 at 04:27 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Default [RES] HTC Fuze ONLY - Flash Stock SPL & ROM to Restore for Warranty Purposes

This thread is to answer the popular question of:

"How can I get my Fuze back to stock and be able to return it for warranty service?"

I've been able to find very convoluted instructions and containing unnecessary manual effort for no reason. I returned phones to AT&T and HTC w/o any problems and I learned the shortest method of complying with the expectations involved. The thread will contain pictures of boot-screens pertaining to the process so that people can use them for reference. There will also be pictures of the progress and the different variations of devices out there.

• This is for AT&T Fuze ONLY. The concept, however, can be used on any HTC Touch Pro (GSM and probably CDMA) as long as you get the correct Stock ROM from the Stock ROM Wiki.
  • You only need to do this if you have HardSPL already on your device.
  • To get to the canary screen / flashing screen (instruction for Fuze press and hold power and volume-down then press the small reset button on the right of the charging hole).
  • OliNex 1.90 HardSPL will refer to OliNex HardSPL for GSM Raphael devices.
  • OliNex 1.90 Stock Warranty SPL will refer to software also obtained from the same thread as above.
  • Screenshots below show RAPH110 and RAPH*** - there is no difference, so don't concentrate on that.
  • If your phone is Security Unlocked and you feel that you need to lock it back up (optional), please look at the procedures in post #2. However, I feel that AT&T and HTC will not care if it's security locked or unlocked, the screenshots below with the unlocked verbiage is actually a replacement that AT&T sent to me already Security and SIM unlocked.
  • Tri-color RUU bootloader refers to the colorful screen seen when the device is booted into flashing mode. This is accessed by holding down the Power Button with the Volume-Down Button and pressing the reset button. Reset button is located next to the charger hole. A screen showing the RUU boot screen like below will come up.
  • For the AT&T "World Phone" boot splash screen, see this post, but splash screen should come with an AT&T ROM applied in the step #5 below.
YOU WANT YOUR DEVICE TO END UP JUST LIKE ONE OF THESE SCREENSHOTS BELOW.

YOU ONLY NEED THESE INSTRUCTIONS IF YOU HAVE THE HARDSPL
LIKE PICTURED BELOW, OTHERWISE YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TIME.

Some Explanation:

The concern is the fact that my Fuze came stock with 1.95 SPL, not 1.90 that OliNex provides, so to return my device with 1.90 SPL was a problem for me. I am including OliNex's 1.90 Warranty SPL which I hex-edited to show 1.95 instead. The reason why I did that is in case the person forgets or screws up on flashing the stock 1.95 ROM as noted in the last step of the instructions below.

OliNex's HardSPL does not allow any SPL to overwrite it. This is the reason why you need to flash the Warranty SPL, to overwrite that write-protected HardSPL. There is something special about that OliNex Warranty SPL because it's the only UNSIGNED SPL that seems to be able to overwrite the HardSPL. When I tried to apply any of my extracted SPL's (repository here) it would not work, like the author mentions in large and bold edit and had a Moderator close his thread. However, once you're at step #4, you can then flash only a full Stock Signed ROM (original HTC basically) from step #5 or any other Stock ROM (full list). Whatever SPL is included in that Stock ROM from step #5, will actually overwrite the Warranty SPL applied in step #4. Just an SPL extract/dump cannot be applied to the device because they are not signed. It also cannot be done when the HardSPL is present because the HardSPL does not allow overwriting of itself.

Steps to return the Fuze back to STOCK:
  1. Unzip the attachment called JZ_Fuze_WarrantySPL_1.95.zip to a new folder.
  2. Run the EXE file to flash OliNex's 1.90 Warranty SPL. I hacked his file to say 1.95 (if HardSPL is NOT present on your device expect the flashing process to stop at zero percent w/o any progress, and ask yourself did I read bullet 2 at the very top!)
  3. Get to the tri-colored boot screen by holding power+volumeDown+reset to verify that you see 1.95... you're not done. It should look like this... (NOTICE: THE LAST TWO LINES ARE MISSING WHEN COMPARED TO THE VERY FIRST SCREENSHOTS AT THE TOP)
  4. Not done yet if your tri-color boot screen looks like this:
  5. At this point, you're ready to flash the AT&T Stock 1.95 ROM which can be downloaded from here or here. If this is done correctly you should see the same tri-color boot screen as in the very first screenshot on top.
Props go out to: Olipro, Cmonex and mskip - thanks for the software and the insightful info!

Thanks!
JZ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HTC & ATT Warranty SPL 1.95.jpg
Views:	5130
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	175063   Click image for larger version

Name:	OliNex HardSPL 1.90.jpg
Views:	4548
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	175068   Click image for larger version

Name:	PartiallyDoneWarrantySPL.jpg
Views:	4389
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	175069   Click image for larger version

Name:	HTC Official Update SPL 5.10.jpg
Views:	3332
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	204394  
Attached Files
File Type: zip JZ_Fuze_WarrantySPL_1.95.zip - [Click for QR Code] (829.5 KB, 1225 views)

JZ SmartMort
Old
(Last edited by JZ SmartMort; 10th November 2009 at 07:36 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Default Security and SIM Locked Info...

If your phone is Security or SIM Unlocked and you feel that you need to lock it back up, below is some info. However, I feel that AT&T and HTC will not care if it's security locked or unlocked, the screenshots below with the unlocked verbiage is actually a replacement that AT&T sent to me already Security and SIM unlocked.
  • SIM Unlocked: Allows you to use SIM's from another carrier. Can be done using codes or unlocker programs on xda-devs.
  • Security Unlocked: Allows you to flash radios from another device (i.e. Blackstone or Diamond) - It does other stuff, but this is all the casual user will use it for.
To check if your phone is SIM or Security Locked you need ATCommander. Below are the commands for ATCommander to check the status of those two things. 1) Reset Call Timers to zeros (optional and needed!) AT command: AT@TALK=270f,270f
2) SIM relock is not needed for Warranty Service, per Olipro.
3) Relock Security last with Secrelock.zip by running the EXE on the device. Or AT command to Security Lock: AT@SIMLOCK=7,1

To SIM unlock your phone for FREE, call AT&T and say that you're traveling abroad and need your phone to work with another SIM chip, they will give you an unlock code!!! It will not look like the one pictured at the top of this thread, on the right, which says "Security Unlocked", but it will be SIM Unlocked. Keep in mind that a ROM can change your IMEI by the last two digits causing the need for a new unlock code from AT&T.

JZ SmartMort
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
reserved post 2

JZ SmartMort
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
reserved post 3

Dust2Dust
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
would you be able to do this hack for SPL 1.69 Raph 300 as well? That's T-Mobile
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7
CM10 by locerra and aorth

Nokia Lumia 1020
GDR2

Qtek s100, MDA Compact, MDA Vario (G3), MDA Vario II (herm300), MDA Vario III (KAIS 120), MDA Vario IV (RAPH 300),
HTC HD2, HTC Sensation, Lumia 800, Huawei W1, Lumia 1020

Psion 3A, 3C, 5, 5MX and iPaq 3850, 3970, all of them used with a Ericsson SH888 and/or Siemens S25 mobile.

JZ SmartMort
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust2Dust View Post
would you be able to do this hack for SPL 1.69 Raph 300 as well? That's T-Mobile
Once I explain a bit more, I think your need for a hacked SPL will disappear.

Basically, apply either my attached zip on post #1 or use the Warranty SPL from OliNex... this brings you to a level where you can just apply a STOCK ROM (which includes the SPL) and whatever SPL is on that ROM will overwrite the warranty SPL... simply use a ROM that has that 1.69 SPL version and apply it to your device.

Dust2Dust
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ SmartMort View Post
Once I explain a bit more, I think your need for a hacked SPL will disappear.

Basically, apply either my attached zip on post #1 or use the Warranty SPL from OliNex... this brings you to a level where you can just apply a STOCK ROM (which includes the SPL) and whatever SPL is on that ROM will overwrite the warranty SPL... simply use a ROM that has that 1.69 SPL version and apply it to your device.

would that be like the one I created but has not yet been tested?? As there is no dutch factory T-Mobile rom available other than reconstructed ones that only have OS.nb.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=504570

If so I am going to flash the thing and see what happens with radio and splash.

Great, keep it up!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

Nokia Lumia 1020
GDR2

Qtek s100, MDA Compact, MDA Vario (G3), MDA Vario II (herm300), MDA Vario III (KAIS 120), MDA Vario IV (RAPH 300),

Psion 3A, 3C, 5, 5MX and iPaq 3850, 3970, all of them used with a Ericsson SH888 and/or Siemens S25 mobile.

JZ SmartMort
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust2Dust View Post
would that be like the one I created but has not yet been tested?? As there is no dutch factory T-Mobile rom available other than reconstructed ones that only have OS.nb.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=504570

If so I am going to flash the thing and see what happens with radio and splash.

Great, keep it up!
Interesting method of mixing different ROM pieces, a little on the desperate side but I've done lots of desperate things with NBHtool.

The problem is the key-word that you see at the top of this thread, your ROM is not "SIGNED" which means that your ROM might not be able to be applied to the device at all.

Dust2Dust
Old
(Last edited by Dust2Dust; 15th April 2009 at 10:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ SmartMort View Post
Interesting method of mixing different ROM pieces, a little on the desperate side but I've done lots of desperate things with NBHtool.

The problem is the key-word that you see at the top of this thread, your ROM is not "SIGNED" which means that your ROM might not be able to be applied to the device at all.
Thanx m8 , that is the feedback I needed and was asking for. I will take the spl out and try to flash and see what happens.

It is not that I am on the desperate side, I just want to get this over with and be prepared once I am desperate, which hopefully doesn't happen for a while anymore :)

EDIT: I took out SPL, splash and radio and it allows me to flash ! using the czech stuff, Flashing as we speak...

Finished in czech:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

Nokia Lumia 1020
GDR2

rustamabd
Old
Thanks Meter 399

DONATE TO ME
Hey Dust2Dust did you manage to make a warranty RMA ROM for the MDA Vario IV?