Here is my 3G icon CAB for Comm Manager based on this post: http://www.fuzemobility.com/how-to-disable-3g/
- Why do you need this? Because turning off 3G makes my Touch Pro (AT&T Fuze) battery last longer, about 2-3 days instead of having to charge daily. Low 3G reception areas cause the phone to keep looking hard for that 3G signal. EDGE network is a trade-off, my other software has support have plenty of web browsers that are optimized for low-speed, so I only turn on 3G when I truly need some internet speed.
- Only for GSM phones
- Does not work on Touch Pro 2 or Diamond 2. My guess is it will no longer work for newer devices as HTC has disabled this hidden feature in Comm Manager. Use my app, JZ SmartMort which has a macro/script to turn 3G on and off. It's the only thing I can offer for newer devices.
- It will replace whatever button is in the 5th position (look at the screenshots below), usually "Microsoft Direct Push" is in that position.
- To restore Microsoft Direct Push back to position #5 in CommManager, you can do either of the following.
- Uninstall my CAB and it will reverse the single registry change.
- Using the Advanced Config Tool (Right-Menu -> More Settings -> Comm Manager) the order of the buttons can easily be changed.
- Modify the registry for that 5th button HKLM\Software\HTC\CommManager\5\(Default) change "3G" string that my CAB put there to "AUTD", which basically means MS Direct Push.
- The most important thing that the CAB provides is the four images that will end up in \Windows folder. After the CAB is installed, you have to kill CommManager.exe if it's running or take a reboot before seeing the new button/image.
- This will work on VGA, QVGA and other devices running the "Diamond" or "Opal" version of CommManager (verify with screenshots below) and it should work on all ported versions of CommManager as well.
- Tested on:
- HTC Raphael / Touch Pro / Fuze
- HTC Tytn II / Kaiser / Tilt --- (needs HTC CommManager like shown below not the original blue Microsoft one)