Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

[MOD] Add 3G Switch to Comm Manager - 3G Toggle - (Black & White Available)

OP JZ SmartMort

12th April 2009, 04:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burbank
Thanks Meter: 16

776 posts
Donate to Me
More
I scoured the web for a decent looking 3G icon in CommManager and they were not pleasing to the eye. I am NOT an artist, in fact I suck at it but mine still look better than the alternatives and I provide the black and white CAB of the images to match most themes.

Here is my 3G icon CAB for Comm Manager based on this post: http://www.fuzemobility.com/how-to-disable-3g/
  • Why do you need this? Because turning off 3G makes my Touch Pro (AT&T Fuze) battery last longer, about 2-3 days instead of having to charge daily. Low 3G reception areas cause the phone to keep looking hard for that 3G signal. EDGE network is a trade-off, my other software has support have plenty of web browsers that are optimized for low-speed, so I only turn on 3G when I truly need some internet speed.
  • Only for GSM phones
  • Does not work on Touch Pro 2 or Diamond 2. My guess is it will no longer work for newer devices as HTC has disabled this hidden feature in Comm Manager. Use my app, JZ SmartMort which has a macro/script to turn 3G on and off. It's the only thing I can offer for newer devices.
  • It will replace whatever button is in the 5th position (look at the screenshots below), usually "Microsoft Direct Push" is in that position.
  • To restore Microsoft Direct Push back to position #5 in CommManager, you can do either of the following.
    • Uninstall my CAB and it will reverse the single registry change.
    • Using the Advanced Config Tool (Right-Menu -> More Settings -> Comm Manager) the order of the buttons can easily be changed.
    • Modify the registry for that 5th button HKLM\Software\HTC\CommManager\5\(Default) change "3G" string that my CAB put there to "AUTD", which basically means MS Direct Push.
  • The most important thing that the CAB provides is the four images that will end up in \Windows folder. After the CAB is installed, you have to kill CommManager.exe if it's running or take a reboot before seeing the new button/image.
  • This will work on VGA, QVGA and other devices running the "Diamond" or "Opal" version of CommManager (verify with screenshots below) and it should work on all ported versions of CommManager as well.
  • Tested on:
    • HTC Raphael / Touch Pro / Fuze
    • HTC Tytn II / Kaiser / Tilt --- (needs HTC CommManager like shown below not the original blue Microsoft one)
Enjoy!
JZ

I ripped this white 3G button with a circle around it from Da_G's WM 6.5 Kitchen.
Above you see how it looks and from the attachments this is CAB that you would want.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Add_3G_to_CommManager.jpg
Views:	5510
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	175409   Click image for larger version

Name:	Add_3G_with_Circle.jpg
Views:	4498
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	180022  
Attached Files
File Type: cab JZ Add 3G to CommManager BLACK.cab - [Click for QR Code] (5.7 KB, 650 views)
File Type: cab JZ Add 3G to CommManager WHITE.cab - [Click for QR Code] (6.4 KB, 471 views)
File Type: cab JZ Add 3G to CommManager WHITE WITH CIRCLE.cab - [Click for QR Code] (6.5 KB, 843 views)
Last edited by JZ SmartMort; 18th December 2009 at 06:12 AM.
20th April 2009, 03:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag CanTho

1,148 posts
More
please help me, Icons on Comm manager!!

thank!
20th April 2009, 04:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burbank

776 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anhphe076

please help me, Icons on Comm manager!!

thank!

Did you install one of my CABs? If so then why is 3G button not in the 5th position? I also noticed that your signature says that you a Kaiser / Tilt, which is a QVGA device. I just tested my 3G CABs on a QVGA device and they work just as good as on VGA devices, so this can't be caused because you installed my CABs.

Re-install your Comm Manager from links below, obviously stick to QVGA.

Full QVGA version of CommManager:

Full VGA version of CommManager:

Lastly, please don't use this thread for general questions unless you installed my CAB's and it's causing problems. There are plenty of Question & Answer threads/sections on this forum to post your questions and this answer was easy to find with the following google search terms "comm manager qvga xda" and "comm manager qvga xda diamond"...

Thanks!
JZ
Last edited by JZ SmartMort; 1st June 2009 at 01:07 AM.
21st April 2009, 01:13 PM   |  #4  
Flag CanTho

1,148 posts
More
Thank JZ SmartMort very much!
22nd April 2009, 09:00 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

367 posts
On my device (italian rom) the buttun don't work, don't do nathing
23rd April 2009, 03:45 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burbank

776 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic79

On my device (italian rom) the buttun don't work, don't do nathing

Feel free to post a screenshot of your Comm Manager...
23rd April 2009, 08:19 AM   |  #7  

367 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ SmartMort

Feel free to post a screenshot of your Comm Manager...

The skin are ok when i install, the problem are when i pusch for able or disable 3g it don't do nathing, and still on disable also a button don't move for able it
23rd April 2009, 10:04 AM   |  #8  
Flag beyond northern pole
Thanks Meter: 85

847 posts
More
Thumbs up
tnx a lot works perfect on tytn2 with wm6.1 and opal comm manager. was looking exactly for this for sooo long time.
tnx a lot
23rd April 2009, 04:48 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burbank

776 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic79

The skin are ok when i install, the problem are when i pusch for able or disable 3g it don't do nathing, and still on disable also a button don't move for able it

What device do you have? I hope it's 3G capable because that's the only time you'll ever need the 3G button...
23rd April 2009, 10:17 PM   |  #10  

367 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ SmartMort

What device do you have? I hope it's 3G capable because that's the only time you'll ever need the 3G button...

Sorry I have a HTC HD Whit LP EVO II Rom (ITA)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread