5,814,981 Members 39,891 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

NoDataInRoaming: DISABLE AUTOMATICALLY internet in roaming, RE-ENABLE in home network

Tip us?

travegliaesogno
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks, your application is great.
I'll made a link to your cab and discussion inside cellularland.it , if you disagree please tell me and I remove all.
Thx again

daniruth
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thank you for new version

Hi,

Thank you for the new version. It seems to be working well. When I connect to roaming, it doesn't connect to data to disconnect again anymore, which is great. I was in the uk yesterday and it changed over to roaming very smoothly and I haven't got charged for data at all. Great. Thank you,
Daniel
HTC Polaris

DYNAMIC+
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniruth View Post
Hi,

Thank you for the new version. It seems to be working well. When I connect to roaming, it doesn't connect to data to disconnect again anymore, which is great. I was in the uk yesterday and it changed over to roaming very smoothly and I haven't got charged for data at all. Great. Thank you,
Daniel
HTC Polaris
OK great.
I have tested this app with Samsung OMNIA and works.

DYNAMIC+
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
version update: 0.6.
added auto-sync on data-reEnable for best "direct push" experience

daniruth
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default One more thing

thank you for update.
Just one thing, say I am in my home network and the phone network is set to manual, and I lose the signal in my home network but it gets it back after a few seconds (without roaming), well, I've noticed that the data call does not get restored to what it was before, so it stays disconnected. (where you would get the symbol 3G, I would get only a x, and no data connection)
For the phone to connect to data again, I have to either connect it to roaming and back to home network, or ask for the phone to search networks and select manually home network again.
What do you think it may be happening?
Thank you.
I'm using version 0.6 of your program. HTC Polaris

davidge
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi,

your application seems to be great, i think many people are waiting for this kind of application. We don't understand why this functionnality isn't included in windows mobile ... maybe because specific accords between microsoft and mobile providers ...

David

Old
Thanks Meter 45
Thank You DYNAMIC+!
It is possibile to add in your app a setting to toggle between noData in roaming and noData at all?
It would be a nice addition, grazie in anticipo :P

DYNAMIC+
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniruth View Post
thank you for update.
Just one thing, say I am in my home network and the phone network is set to manual, and I lose the signal in my home network but it gets it back after a few seconds (without roaming), well, I've noticed that the data call does not get restored to what it was before, so it stays disconnected. (where you would get the symbol 3G, I would get only a x, and no data connection)
For the phone to connect to data again, I have to either connect it to roaming and back to home network, or ask for the phone to search networks and select manually home network again.
What do you think it may be happening?
Thank you.
please note that data would be restored ONLY in home network, so
if you are using another network (in your country) for me "is national roaming" so data is disabled.

please explain better...
please tell me operators (country code and id)

DYNAMIC+
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 619619 View Post
Thank You DYNAMIC+!
It is possibile to add in your app a setting to toggle between noData in roaming and noData at all?
It would be a nice addition, grazie in anticipo :P
i think in the next next release ill add this - but i have do develop a control panel
this is not my priority

--
diciamo che stando in italia e avendo come h3g la mia priorita' e' di non
farmi fregare i soldi in roaming da tim anche perche' uso la connessione 24/24h con naviga3 oppure datacard x il direct push.
--

daniruth
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYNAMIC+ View Post
please note that data would be restored ONLY in home network, so
if you are using another network (in your country) for me "is national roaming" so data is disabled.

please explain better...
please tell me operators (country code and id)
Ok, I'll try again

I live in Ireland, though close to the border with the United Kingdom. My home network is o2-IE. Roaming network is o2-UK.

Normally I have my mobile on manual network selection and not automatic, so that it does not change from o2 IE to o2 UK all the time when the roaming signal is stronger.

So, at times when I am in my home network (o2 IE) and I lose the signal in my home network just for a few seconds (maybe I am driving), and it reads no service for a couple of seconds, when the phone gets the signal of o2 IE again without changing to o2 UK (roaming), I've noticed that the data call does not get restored to what it was before in my home network (o2 IE).

It stays disconnected, even though it now displays o2 IE on my phone (home network). (The symbols that appear at the top are the bars and a small x letter, where normally I would get the symbol 3G, and the bars with a smaller symbol saying it is connected to data. So obviously, even though I am in my home network o2 IE, it does not connect automatically)
(My data is set to "always on")

So, if I want the phone to connect to data again, I have to do one of these two things:
a. Either connect it manually to roaming (o2 UK) and back to home network (o2 IE),
b. or ask the phone to search networks again and select manually home network (o2 IE).

Then all data connects again and it works well.

If you are wondering why I keep my phone in manual network selection is because when I go to roaming, if I choose o2 UK, I don't have to pay roaming charges for receiving a call. While if I left it in automatic and it connected to orange uk, or vodafone uk, I would have to pay for receiving calls during roaming. (I have to pay for data while in roaming, no matter what network I am with, so I really thank you for your program that works so well).

Well, I hope this explains it better,

daniel

Tags
connection, disable, gprs, internet, roaming