XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Strange Problem with my Screen

Tip us?

Furious911
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Strange Problem with my Screen

This is a physical problem, the screen works fine and has no distortion as far as what it looks like when its on. But I noticed this weekend that when it was off I noticed a like triangular section in the middle of the screen, where it has a rainbow-ish discoloration pattern and small dots in the middle of the screen, about 1/4 of a inch inward all the way around the display part of the screen. The dots are in a perfect grid-like format and the rainbow color distortion almost looks like an oil slick.

I have had the factory screen protector on it since day one, I peeled it back today only to find its on the screen itself, I tried to wipe it off and nothing. I always carry the phone in a belt clip and never in my pocket, etc. So I don't know how it could have gotten damaged or how damage could cause such a curios perfect pattern of strangeness on the screen.

Anyone else ever seen this happen?

jd885
Old
Thanks Meter 0
well i have heard its damage from high pressure... the touch layer in the screen gets damaged some how and leaves an oil looking spot... sorry but here is a good thread on what i think your seeing http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ht=spot+screen

Furious911
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Oh wow/crap its times like this when I guess I'm glad I'm not a regular consumer but have this through work, so I'm sure they will replace it, if not they will buy me another. Should I even get another or is there something like this but better? I'm with ATT.

jd885
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If you want a windows mobile powerhouse stay with the fuze... for sure... i have had mine since november when they first came out for at&t and mine runs and looks great... no screen problems or anything... ya and good thing its through your company