MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

[TASKBAR] Customising Windows Mobile 6.5 Taskbar

7th April 2009, 02:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 12

1,649 posts
Donate to Me
More

NOW CREATE YOUR OWN TASKBARS EASILY
As this section is specific for Windows Mobile 6.5 Taskbar Customisation, I'll Start it with my set of icons. I tried to make full use of the ShellRess.dll and if more is needed then i'll make sure more icons are covered.
Just have a look at the screenshots and you will understand how much capable WM6.5 taskbars are with more scope of customisation including the OK and X buttons.

AHEN 6b-BETA2

Just click on the screenshot to download the cabs from my personal thread for Taskbar Customisation. You surely wont be disappointed.
There is alot more to come.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Install Sdkcert.cab
2. The Taskbar version you want.
3. If you using WM standard dialer and Bluetooth icon doesnt shows up, Install wmdialerBluetooth.cab(Davey101).

MAKK

##NOTE## Post 2 will soon have the details of wm6.5 specific dll files along with the icons they cover. Stay Tunes

Mod Edit:
© Copyright. Copyright in the pages, screens, text, files and images appearing in this thread is owned by originating owner(s) or others as indicated. The information and materials contained in the thread may not be distributed, licensed, modified, published, reposted, reproduced, reused, sold, transmitted, used to create a derivative work or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes without express written permission of the originating owner(s).
Attached Files
File Type: cab wmdialer Bluetooth.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (12.1 KB, 2979 views)
Last edited by Mr. Makk; 20th January 2010 at 01:36 PM.
8th April 2009, 09:46 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 12

1,649 posts
Donate to Me
More
Will be updating sooonnnnnn..
Thanks to Tsowen to be fair. Sorry 4the trouble.
Will be updating this area soon.
Last edited by Mr. Makk; 20th April 2009 at 05:10 PM.
10th April 2009, 01:17 PM   |  #3  
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter: 426

2,430 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey I own a new thread ok, I'll perform my civic duty and explain a little about the WM6.5 taskbar.

I myself have made a taskbar that fully covers the WM6.5 taskbar. There are a couple of differences in wm6.5 over wm6.1:

- shellres.192.dll now has signal strength bars (5 bars) we can edit, and it seems to also be controlling the bleutooth headset icon, set rest of the icons are simial to wm6.1
- tapres.192.dll controls G, Ev, 3G, H, E, X1
- HTCVolumecontrol.dll : Volume icons
- Outres.192.dll : Message icons
- Notify.dll.0409.mui : Alarm icon
- GPSAux.dll : QuickGPS Icon

Since HTC used the the phcanOverbmp.dll to skin the pin dialer and add extra icons to the taskbar, I used this dll to do the skinning of the WM6.5 taskbar. Which worked out perpectly. For this dll to be used you will need to import these reg entries:

Quote:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\ResOver\Bitmaps]
"BaseDll"="phcanOverbmp.dll"

"BaseId"=dword:00000000

"BatteryIconIdStart"=dword:000003e9

"BatteryIconLevels"=dword:00000065

I have attached a my Taskbar art package here, which contains my latest taskbar makeover (WM6.5 only), This package can also be used as a reference for which files to skin, For the cooks: remember to delete the HTCVolumeControle.dll from the volumecontrol package otherwise it will overwrite my skinned one.

I will freshen this thread up with some pictures tommorow, and I'll add a cab too

Hope you are now well informed about the current status of taskbar engineering, 12
Attached Files
File Type: zip Taskbar Art.zip - [Click for QR Code] (798.1 KB, 6292 views)
Last edited by 12aon; 17th April 2009 at 03:36 AM.
10th April 2009, 01:26 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Themer / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 93

478 posts
Donate to Me
More
tsowentaskbar WM 6.5 (based upon my taskbar 6 elite v3)

12AON has really help pioneer the way for the WM 6.5 taskbar so huge props to him and also thanks to MysticGenious and others who offered to test and evaluate my files. Here is the updated WM 6.5 version with the dll's straight from WM 6.5 (only for those running 6.5) with this version GSM users now have colored bars. As always same rules apply as any other taskbars when installing the cab. Any bugs or problems please report back. With this new release most all the icons are controlled by the shellres.192.dll file such as battery and other icons that were located in the phcanOverbmp.dll as far as can be seen WM 6.5 does not come with a phcanOverbmp.dll but will read the file if installed. I have elected to install the file because with the new shellres only 9 battery images are located in the file verses the 101 battery images in the phcanOverbmp.dll. Please use the same Registry settings that 12aon has quoted above. Refer to this post for updates and future versions of my taskbars. This is based upon my taskbar 6 elite v3 located here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...54&postcount=4

Code:
BT Discoverable.bmp
BT On Mode.bmp
BT Stereo Headset.bmp
CDMA_RSS_PPC.dll
GPS-icon.bmp
GPS-icon Mask.bmp
HTCVolumeControl.dll  
notify.dll.0409.mui
outres.192.dll
pchanOvermbmp.dll
PictureMailRes.dll
shellres.192.dll
Stereo Headset.bmp
tapres.192.dll
tshers.192.dll
VoiceCmdRes.dll
WLMMessengerResources.192.dll
_setup.xml

Known Issues:
1. Bluetooth Icon not showing up with some ROM's
2. 3G, G, H and E Active Data Icon transparency needs fixed
Attached Files
File Type: zip WM6.5 Dlls.zip - [Click for QR Code] (605.6 KB, 4881 views)
File Type: zip tsowentaskbar6 WM6.5 version.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.15 MB, 9209 views)
Last edited by tsowen; 17th April 2009 at 03:44 PM.
10th April 2009, 03:08 PM   |  #5  
Flag Texas

478 posts
Donate to Me
More
I need someone to try this shellres who has WM 6.5 just install the shellres and nothing else, no other taskbar or anything and please provide a screen shot as well. I added the Ev, 1X, 3G, H, E and G Icons, and a few others as well such as Active Sync and WiFi.
Attached Files
File Type: zip shellres.192.zip - [Click for QR Code] (462.1 KB, 2834 views)
10th April 2009, 05:18 PM   |  #6  
Flag Airlie Beach
Thanks Meter: 189

3,941 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen

I need someone to try this shellres who has WM 6.5 just install the shellres and nothing else, no other taskbar or anything and please provide a screen shot as well. I added the Ev, 1X, 3G, H, E and G Icons, and a few others as well such as Active Sync and WiFi.

Hey im just about to do this now, but i noticed something else weird, i have just uninstalled your taskbar6 v3.1 and upon doing so my pin entry pad has changed to use my skin for the windows mobile dialer (not the HTC dialer)

Is it possible that something in this taksbar is altering the PIN pad? if so we may have found a way to skin it!!!

Edit Screenshot added.

Another thiink i have just noticed is that when i uninstalled your taskbar, my waiting symbol has changed back to the windows 6.5 version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 04 09_17 20 13_0000_111g.jpg
Views:	3625
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	174872  
Last edited by 4D3; 10th April 2009 at 05:22 PM. Reason: added screenshot
10th April 2009, 05:34 PM   |  #7  
Flag Airlie Beach
Thanks Meter: 189

3,941 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen

Forgot to mention, in GSM, WM6.5.

Signal Bars and globe:

Network Connected - standard windows icons through connecting:

Wifi - Disconnected:

Are there any other screenshots you need? i tryed bluetooth but nothing came up
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2009 04 09_17 28 16_0001_111g.jpg
Views:	88295
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	174878   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 04 09_17 28 41_0002_111g.jpg
Views:	87935
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	174879   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 04 09_17 30 09_0003_111g.jpg
Views:	87779
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	174880  
Last edited by 4D3; 10th April 2009 at 05:41 PM.
10th April 2009, 05:39 PM   |  #8  
Flag Texas

478 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust

I'll test it out and post screenshots in a few minutes. I am using a 6.5 ROM built off of JD's 21198 kitchen. I'll ask him if he concurs with that assessment of the phcanOverbmp.dll and the 6.5 shellres.

Just with shellres added:

With lite taskbar and shellres added:

This if from someone at PPCGeeks on CDMA who I had test out the shellres and the resluts. So two different results so far with CDMA and GSM.
10th April 2009, 05:41 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 51

1,257 posts
More
Here's what I got (sorry about the quality)...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pc_capture12.jpg
Views:	3325
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	174884  
10th April 2009, 06:53 PM   |  #10  
Flag Texas

478 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGenius

Forgot to mention, in GSM, WM6.5.

Signal Bars and globe:

Network Connected - standard windows icons through connecting:

Wifi - Disconnected:

Are there any other screenshots you need? i tryed bluetooth but nothing came up

Dang I missed this post, ahh okay that gives me some ideas now! Looks like the shellres is controling most everything as 12aon said in a PM. 12aon take a look at the new shellres I posted and base it upon this picture and you will see where we are at. I think your right the battery might be the bmp's inside the shellres.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread