Everybody is a cooking master these days?

Search This thread

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
ok guys,

enough is enough
i have removed all kitchens from all threads
i am sorry but i cant stand it

i am tired on answering stupid questions like
1.why dont you share
2.is it ready
3.i have deletes an big folder and now my device is not starting (is about oemdrivers and in several cases os)
4.you shared with him and you don't want to give it to me
5.repost bugfixes and guides that are 2 pages back on the same topic
6.your latest rom was better had more software/locked better than new one(rom is only demo you can do your own rom)
the list is so long that i got tired thinking on it

i will release an new kitchen for every device that had my kitchen and i will develop further maybe to other device omnia and athena BUT this new kitchen will require that you learn to use the search function and read the messages that the kitchen will give to you

new kitchen will be IDIOT PROOF (NO IDIOT WILL BE ABLE TO USE IT) and will require an minimal IQ or 50 ;)

so when i will finish the new kitchen i will post it
DO NOT PM ME ASKING WHEN I WILL POSTTHE NEW KITCHEN

SORRY FOR THOSE THAT ARE GOOD FRIENDS AND AER SUFFERING FOR THIS
i'll be back or not we will see

:(
SORRY to hear that jerpelea,
but I understand your concerns and desperation, tons of daily posts & PMs asking same questions again and again and again
(Moebius would be happy :D)

Thank you very much for your kind, patient and wiseful advice / support to the devs community

E90 Commie

Feb 5, 2009
New York
I think a better idea is to use this method if the separate threads don´t work: disable all accounts for those who don´t follow the rules and introduce new rules. I.e:

"Posting questions who has been answered in threads about ROMs and Kitchens are forbidden. If you spam a thread with such questions you will be banned."

BIG-Stan

Jul 22, 2007
Germany
Man, thats sad but I fully understand jerpelea.
I just hope that he'll reupload the kitchen and just ignore the pm's.
And if he does so it would be nice if some people wouldn't f*** this up again with stupid questions.

maybe that is the problem,... it's to easy to use!?

Maybe, but you still need to know how it works.
I also downloaded the kitchen but first i wanna know how it works before i use it.

Google is also easy to use but people still having problems finding things on the internet.
Even on this forum.

If you know how to search then you find a lot more.

The same for this forum if you use search button the right way then you find all the answers.

People are to lazy to use the search button.
Instead they PM the maker of the Rom or Kitchen to get the answers

llamasson

Jan 7, 2009
Why not create a " Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 ROM development "pro cookers" sub-forum where only invited people can post releases and reply etc,, and create a mirror for "normal people ;)" to reply in this forum so they can and ask questions, report bugs etc,,,,,

Last edited:

BIG-Stan

Jul 22, 2007
Germany
I think that would be to many subforums and it still wont help. People will still post it in different threads...

mellowblue

Feb 20, 2009
@marco

i totally agree with you on the search-ability oft people!
but, what would be the solution?
one thing you can do is to demand a topic of the post they are trying to submit and then automaticly redirect them to a search page if this topic has been answered before.
another way is to make something like a kitchen not so easy to use!
ok, its not the best anology, but you wouldnt let a child play with a gun!?

itje

Retired Moderator
Jun 20, 2007
Kleppe
Sorry to hear jerpelea, but I totaly understand you.

You did a great job with the kitchens bro, to bad so many cant really appreciate the work that is put in something like this.

wish u the best

cheers

jerpelea

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 7, 2006
Lund
sites.google.com
hy all
i am not mad on anyone but i want to make people use the search function

first part of the new kitchen is workin

the new kitchen will not have an sys or xip in it
1.you will need an shipped rom from any HTC wvga device to start (for rom search the forum)
2.all the porting is done automaticaly but with one catch
all oem is in packages folder and an cook will need to learn what to add to oem so that the rom will work as intended (for info on packages search the forum)
3.all unneded sys packages are moved to package pool so you have to manualy add office,ie6,wm games to oem folder
4.oem folder willl include all needed files and speed fixes for device bootup but no optional packages so an cook will have to manualy copy them from PACKAGE foleder

i hope this will solve the problem about clefs and cooks
we all are cooks one of us less skilled but we are all cooks

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
maybe that is the problem,... it's to easy to use!?

DAMN you are right:
jerpelea did it sooo easy for anyone !!
A couple of clicks and PUF... you are a cheff

What about learning xml, editing reg and rgu files first ??
What about learning the BASIC parts of a ROM ??
What about reading a little about required system files, porting, hex-editing...

But don't worry:
There's so many FREE INFO here in xda-devs
This place is a READERS PARADISE !!!

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
ok guys,

enough is enough
i have removed all kitchens from all threads
i am sorry but i cant stand it

i am tired on answering stupid questions like
1.why dont you share
2.is it ready
3.i have deletes an big folder and now my device is not starting (is about oemdrivers and in several cases os)
4.you shared with him and you don't want to give it to me
5.repost bugfixes and guides that are 2 pages back on the same topic
6.your latest rom was better had more software/locked better than new one(rom is only demo you can do your own rom)
the list is so long that i got tired thinking on it

i will release an new kitchen for every device that had my kitchen and i will develop further maybe to other device omnia and athena BUT this new kitchen will require that you learn to use the search function and read the messages that the kitchen will give to you

new kitchen will be IDIOT PROOF (NO IDIOT WILL BE ABLE TO USE IT) and will require an minimal IQ or 50 ;)

so when i will finish the new kitchen i will post it
DO NOT PM ME ASKING WHEN I WILL POSTTHE NEW KITCHEN

SORRY FOR THOSE THAT ARE GOOD FRIENDS AND AER SUFFERING FOR THIS
i'll be back or not we will see

i am fed up with all this *****ing in here like women having a catfight. if you didnt want every tom **** and harry cooking why release kitchen in first place and why make it so easy to use? what did you think was gonna happen? you think that only people like jack and itje was gonna use it dread? you started all this by making kitchen widely available to any and everyone. don't moan now cause you have created a monster. if ya wanted to restrict use of it, you should have only provided to people willing to use it properly.

you have done great work but enough *****ing and moaning. you released it so deal with consequences and stop throwing ya dummy out your pram. now you have made it a bit harder we see what happens. no need for posts like yours above!

shingers5

choice

its all about choice and too much going on about using buggy roms. don't flash them simple. if ya not sure about the chef do not flash their rom. most of these new guys those who are serious need testers too so they can improve. with everything in life there is always a downside but things keep moving. the people in here will soon be able to root out the cooks who don't have a clue as they will disappear as soon as they go live. don't flash then you can't moan. stick to trusted chefs that you know produce good ****. if they recommend someone then maybe give it a run! CHOICE PEOPLE CHOICE! you dont have to flash if you dont want. what person flashes cause its out there? not a sensible one! you wont jump off a cliff cause someone else has so why flash a rom cause its been released! stop this people as some of the early cooks have got good intentions and this could stop them from creating!

jackleung

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 10, 2005
USA
i am fed up with all this *****ing in here like women having a catfight.... you think that only people like jack and itje was gonna use it dread

its all about choice and too much going on about using buggy roms. don't flash them simple.
I think you are missing the point here and you better re-read the whole thread. Especially this, this, and this. It's all about non-technical people + laziness in doing research + bugging others + bad attitude like a child when they don't get what they want and I totally understand why jerpelea got feed up.

BTW, both Itje and me using Bepe's kitchen, not jerpelea one. But we may take components from there.

Kid_DC

Dec 22, 2008
Erlangen
But i think cooking in the kovsky kitchen is similar to cooking in jerpeleas kitchen. Okay we dont have to Port the XIP there and to dump the Rom.
But its not that difficult to extract a shipped Rom ^^
So i delete Files from SYS, delete files from OEM, add Files to the Operator Folder for loading my xml Files ad Customization, edit the initflashfiles to get the result I want, etc...
And nothing else I do in Kovsky-Kitchen.
The only difference is that jerpeleas kitchen gives an easy way to build the rom because all necessary packages are in, already.
But this way is boring and has nothing to do with cooking.

Medulla_Oblongata

Apr 16, 2009
*eats dinner* cooked well done.

Oh wait, we are talking about cooking ROM's. :p
The large amount of newly cooked ROM's makes me nervous.
Like someone else in this topic mentioned: experimenting with ROM's should be more private until it's worth spreading it for the community.

This reminds me of the dozens custom PSP firmwares :eek: It made me nervous too.

shingers5

I think you are missing the point here and you better re-read the whole thread. Especially this, this, and this. It's all about non-technical people + laziness in doing research + bugging others + bad attitude like a child when they don't get what they want and I totally understand why jerpelea got feed up.

BTW, both Itje and me using Bepe's kitchen, not jerpelea one. But we may take components from there.

totally uderstand mate and so does the man himself. i read whole thread from start. if you don't like being bugged then dont reply end of! think its you who missed the point. chill your breeze dread.

you need to realise that with the quality of work you provide you will have and do have quite a following. you need to learn to embrace that and not shun it. its a compliment to your work even though annoying.

Last edited: