MobileSrc MobileRemote 1.1 - NO SERVERSIDE CLIENT! (Mouse/Keyb/MediaRemote)

Search This thread

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
PLEASE TRY IT ON DIFFERENT OS's AND DIFFERENT DEVICES AND LET US IN ON YOUR EXPERIENCE
Thanks

At last. A remote control which doesn't require a server side client.. or.. to be more precise, it imitates a Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard/Media controller, which means that your regular windows XP/Vista/7 (and maybe others?), your Mac OS, your PS3.. or your WM PDA can be controlled without installing additional server side clients.

I'll save you the trouble of multiclicking all kinds of screenshots and youtube videos - http://www.mobilesrc.com/MobileRemote.aspx.

MobileRemote isn't free and costs 8.99$/11.99$ - prices based on something i can't really figure out.

BUT, and that's a serious BUT, the main features of MobileRemote (from now on MR) - which are Keyboard and Mouse are EXTREMELY useful. the mouse feature, unlike in Salling's Salling Clicker, is much more precise because while Salling's mouse covers the entire screen, MR covers a specific range which makes the mouse very useful even on VGA devices. The mouse also has 2 left/right buttons, unlike in salling which requires a tap on the screen itself.

The keyboard is HUGE, has a nice LCDLike display when typing, has all kinds of symbols and shortcut keys matching windows (and Mac, it seems).. ctrl..alt..shift... and so forth.

There's also a G-Sensor Mouse which allows you to move your mouse when tilting your phone (or using the D-PAD).

In addition, there is a MediaPlayer/MediaCenter controller which allows basic actions like play, pause, fast forward, fast rewind, and track switching.

Now to the neat stuff.
MR allows you to record macros of movements and clicks to have your comp perform actions instantaneously. You can record.. and then load.
This can save you a lot of time if you're looking to "add" additional features of the app.

Feedback(?)

- The tilt mouse's resolution isn't good. it'll be be a tad jumpy.. and this is based on me trying.. not on that youtube video you can watch in their webpage.

- The keyboard is nearly perfect. I can honestly tell you I've never used such a comfortable and well adjusted keyboard. yes, it is a full screen keyboard, but as it's meant to control another device rather than your own, I guess it's important to have it respond fast enough and that you wouldn't have to delete 2 chars every 4 seconds. The keyboard also supports Portrait/Landscape modes to make everything even more comfortable. You also get typing feedback, somewhat like FingerKeyboard.

- The mouse.. it's almost like using your laptop's pad. Percise, clear, and even includes a scrolling bar on the right side. Tried that as well.. very well built.

- Reponse time for all features is very good. I tried a few minutes of excessive typing and moving and clicking. All went well.

- Pairing could be a ***** if not performed correctly, but following the instructions makes it easy enough. Oh, by the way, pairing might have to be redone if you already paired your device with your PC/MAC/PS3/PDA as it requires your device to be identified as a mouse and keyboard as well, rather than just a phone.

- Resolutions. right now, MR only supports QVGA/VGA resolutions. keep that in mind.

Comparison

Well, I won't waste your time comparing MR to any other Remote Control other than Salling since i don't see the point.
To make things clear, Salling Clicker and MobileRemote are different.
Yes, Salling Clicker allows you to write scripts, use XML based files to do pretty much everything you want and it can serve you better using Winamp, MediaPlayer, BSPlayer, system based options, etc.
What Salling doesn't offer (yet), is VGA support (although just a week ago or so, a member in Xda-devs changed the exe file to have bigger buttons, which i'm working with, but it isn't perfect), PS3/PDA support, and a decent mouse and keyboard, which is widely needed.
I use Salling to control my media, because there isn't a better competitor yet (not even G-Remote, which I also love, but doesn't support Winamp, which would be a basic feature in any remote control in my eyes), but for Mouse/Keyboard, I wouldn't think twice. 10$ isn't too much to pay if you really need it.

I have been asked more than thrice, if there's a mobile remote which doesn't require a server side client...

Well... here you go.

TESTS

Works on Diamond against
1. Toshiba U300 running Vista x86 SP1 and Windows 7 Build 7100 (MS Stack)
2. Asus EEE PC 1000HE running WinXP SP3 (Widcomm 5 Stack)
3. Desktop running Windows 7 Build 7000 (MS Stack + USB Dongle)

Works on Touch HD against
1. Toshiba U400 running Windows 7 Build 7100 (MS Stack)
2. Desktop running Windows 7 Build 7000 (MS Stack + USB Dongle)
3. Ubuntu 9.04 (with Blueman - original bluetooth support replaced)
4. Ubuntu 8.10 (Gnome and XFCE, also with Blueman)

Works on Topaz against
1. Windows Vista ultimate 64 bit & 7 Ultimate 64 bit !

DOESNT work on Rhodium for some reason

Last edited:

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com
BTW, in what configuration did you test it?

I've tested it on my HTC Universal and x51v (bot running WM6.1 and the MS BT stack - Widcomm isn't supported) against two (BT discoverable) Win XP desktops (Thinkpad a31p and HP TC1100). It didn't find the desktops at all. Did you have similar issues?

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
I ran it on a Diamond against a Toshiba Laptop running Vista with MS Stack and a Windows 7 Desktop with that new weird BT interface microsoft are running).

both worked.

Notice you need to pair the device from the pc WHILE running the pairing process in MobileRemote.

I might create a video to show how to pair.

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com
I ran it on a Diamond against a Toshiba Laptop running Vista with MS Stack and a Windows 7 Desktop with that new weird BT interface microsoft are running).

both worked.

Notice you need to pair the device from the pc WHILE running the pairing process in MobileRemote.

Thanks, this may have been the problem - I thought it would find all the desktops, without my pairing it from the desktops.

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
OS/Device list started. please let me know which device you use and if it at all works.
please list (as i did), the OS, Stack and type of PC.
I'd also like to know if you tried pairing to another device like another PDA or PS3..

thanks

D

Deleted member 629605

FULL VER...

$8.99 ???????????????? is too high for me :)
i need full ver .. :)
any idea ???

tommytao

Jan 11, 2005
At last. A remote control which doesn't require a server side client.. or.. to be more precise, it imitates a Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard/Media controller, which means that your regular windows XP/Vista/7 (and maybe others?), your Mac OS, your PS3.. or your WM PDA can be controlled without installing additional server side clients.

I'll save you the trouble of multiclicking all kinds of screenshots and youtube videos - http://www.mobilesrc.com/MobileRemote.aspx.

MobileRemote isn't free like Salling Clicker (which i ADORE) and costs 8.99$/11.99$ - prices based on something i can't really figure out.

BUT, and that's a serious BUT, the main features of MobileRemote (from now on MR) - which are Keyboard and Mouse are EXTREMELY useful. the mouse feature, unlike in Salling's Salling Clicker, is much more precise because while Salling's mouse covers the entire screen, MR covers a specific range which makes the mouse very useful even on VGA devices. The mouse also has 2 left/right buttons, unlike in salling which requires a tap on the screen itself.

The keyboard is HUGE, has a nice LCDLike display when typing, has all kinds of symbols and shortcut keys matching windows (and Mac, it seems).. ctrl..alt..shift... and so forth.

There's also a G-Sensor Mouse which allows you to move your mouse when tilting your phone (or using the D-PAD).

In addition, there is a MediaPlayer/MediaCenter controller which allows basic actions like play, pause, fast forward, fast rewind, and track switching.

Now to the neat stuff.
MR allows you to record macros of movements and clicks to have your comp perform actions instantaneously. You can record.. and then load.
This can save you a lot of time if you're looking to "add" additional features of the app.

Feedback(?)

- The tilt mouse's resolution isn't good. it'll be be a tad jumpy.. and this is based on me trying.. not on that youtube video you can watch in their webpage.

- The keyboard is nearly perfect. I can honestly tell you I've never used such a comfortable and well adjusted keyboard. yes, it is a full screen keyboard, but as it's meant to control another device rather than your own, I guess it's important to have it respond fast enough and that you wouldn't have to delete 2 chars every 4 seconds. The keyboard also supports Portrait/Landscape modes to make everything even more comfortable. You also get typing feedback, somewhat like FingerKeyboard.

- The mouse.. it's almost like using your laptop's pad. Percise, clear, and even includes a scrolling bar on the right side. Tried that as well.. very well built.

- Reponse time for all features is very good. I tried a few minutes of excessive typing and moving and clicking. All went well.

- Pairing could be a ***** if not performed correctly, but following the instructions makes it easy enough. Oh, by the way, pairing might have to be redone if you already paired your device with your PC/MAC/PS3/PDA as it requires your device to be identified as a mouse and keyboard as well, rather than just a phone.

- Resolutions. right now, MR only supports QVGA/VGA resolutions. keep that in mind.

Comparison

Well, I won't waste your time comparing MR to any other Remote Control other than Salling since i don't see the point.
To make things clear, Salling Clicker and MobileRemote are different.
Yes, Salling Clicker allows you to write scripts, use XML based files to do pretty much everything you want and it can serve you better using Winamp, MediaPlayer, BSPlayer, system based options, etc.
What Salling doesn't offer (yet), is VGA support (although just a week ago or so, a member in Xda-devs changed the exe file to have bigger buttons, which i'm working with, but it isn't perfect), PS3/PDA support, and a decent mouse and keyboard, which is widely needed.
I use Salling to control my media, because there isn't a better competitor yet (not even G-Remote, which I also love, but doesn't support Winamp, which would be a basic feature in any remote control in my eyes), but for Mouse/Keyboard, I wouldn't think twice. 10$ isn't too much to pay if you really need it.

I have been asked more than thrice, if there's a mobile remote which doesn't require a server side client...

Well... here you go.

TESTS

Works on Diamond against
1. Toshiba U300 running Vista x86 SP1 and Windows 7 Build 7100 (MS Stack)
2. Asus EEE PC 1000HE running WinXP SP3 (Widcomm 5 Stack)
3. Desktop running Windows 7 Build 7000 (MS Stack + USB Dongle)

Works on Touch HD against
1. Toshiba U400 running Windows 7 Build 7100 (MS Stack)
2. Desktop running Windows 7 Build 7000 (MS Stack + USB Dongle)

If drag & drop is needed, can MobileRemote do that ?
It seems multi-touch is required (not supported in WM)

Thanks in advance.

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
hehe.. just tried it and it didn't work. didn't notice that before and i've been using it for quite a while now. apparently, it wasn't as important to me as it is to you.
I will bring it up with the programmer.

Darkseid83

Jan 2, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
there is a drag and drop but unfortunately i need you hold down the left click on the mouse option of the program. I say 3 sec or so. That's the best its going to get for now other than that i have no complaints about this awesome program, AND I am using MR to write this so there u go...

anothal3v3l

Mar 11, 2009
so i have an xperia which i connect to my bluetooth enabled navigation systm in my car. since the phones blutooth is able to connect, is it logival to think that this program would allow me to use the phone as a wireless remote?

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
Do i understand that you're trying to confirm your bluetooth is working correctly? because regardless.... there's no reason why it wouldn't work just like on any other phone with bluetooth.

Juggles

May 6, 2004
Athlone
302pm.com
Huawei P30 Pro
Topaz & Rhodium

Topaz (Diamond2) working fine onboth windows Vista ultimate 64 bit & 7 Ultimate 64 bit !

Rhodium (Touch Pro2) not working on either platform. I have version 1.1, and it cant connect to the new bluetooth stack.