Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,129 Members 45,746 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen colors leaked in middle of screen?

Tip us?

icewhitenewyear
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Screen colors leaked in middle of screen?

This is the second fuze ive owned... and this is also the second time this has happened. In the middle of the screen there is a small block of like a rainbow of colors... but you can only see it in certain light...

Has anyone else ever come across this?
Past Devices
HTC/Cingular 8125
Palm Treo 750
HTC Kaiser (At&t Tilt)
Htc touch Pro (Att Fuze)
HTC G1
Iphone 3GS
Blackberry Bold
Palm Pre
Palm Pixi
Touch pro 2

rd.raymond
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by icewhitenewyear View Post
This is the second fuze ive owned... and this is also the second time this has happened. In the middle of the screen there is a small block of like a rainbow of colors... but you can only see it in certain light...

Has anyone else ever come across this?

Mine too.. But i have a screen protector on it so I figured maybe its the screen protector? never really check it without the screen protection.

fatguybp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Yes.

My first fuze did this after a few days, its an exact square with sort of a frame, I was thinking it was condensation, but my phone has been dry always....
I thought it was weird that it was square shaped and a almost perfect square.

Anyone know what this is?

bauerpavel
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Yep...nothing unusual for raph unfortunatelly...my old post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...71#post2934571

BTW, this is well known issue by HTC so replacement is in most cases done free of charge as a part of warranty. Eventhough I've heard that in some cases in UK, HTC was demanding some kind of payment for replacement.

Anyway, this cannot be fixed in any other way but replacing the screen....afaik
Touch Pro T7272
ROM: Energy Series 23554 ★ |Apr 2| Sense 2.5 With Cookie HomeTab
Radio: BS 1.17.25.09
Rilphone: 1.14.25.35
ALL Security unlocked
T-Mobile CZ

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Battery problems guide:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=519673
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rccola159
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I was told that it means that the screen under the digitizer is broken. Most likely from pressure on the middle of the screen.

rd.raymond
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccola159 View Post
I was told that it means that the screen under the digitizer is broken. Most likely from pressure on the middle of the screen.
Oh man, mine just expanded Can I know what did you guys do?

pisqle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Pressure between flat wires, conductive tapes and backside of LCD screen causes the problem. You should take apart your Raphael to see the back of LCD. There is a very thing black tape around the display. Check it for any kinf of damage. If there is no sign of penetration, make the same thin tape from any kind of office tape and place it over dark one. I hope this can help you.

Be a HTC Indiana Jones, take the danger and DIY!

ozcaN
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i was just about to start a post about this. the middle of my screern (75% of the screen) has these rainbow swirls and they form a perfect rectangle. you can also see a grid of dots. once i noticed this square i started havin problems where its as if someone is pressing the touchscren just on top right corner of this rectangle. so i cant go through menus and it will randomly go away. it also happens on other random locations. can someone explain what i should do?

Joe406
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Mine just did the same thing. The phone seems to work normally. I called and I am sending it in for warranty repair. Is there any way to prevent this from happening in the future? If they replace the screen, do they have some process in place to prevent the same issue? I really love this phone!

Joe406
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Oh, and now my iPhone loving friends are all saying, "You shoulda got an iPhone!" I dont want a crappy iPhone, I just want a good screen! This is my second phone already.....I have never dropped or abused it in any way.... I really wish they used better quality screens. i can do tons more stuff with my phone that my "iPhone friends" cannot....