Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Screen colors leaked in middle of screen?

OP icewhitenewyear

16th April 2009, 04:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag scranton,pa
Thanks Meter: 0

141 posts
More
This is the second fuze ive owned... and this is also the second time this has happened. In the middle of the screen there is a small block of like a rainbow of colors... but you can only see it in certain light...

Has anyone else ever come across this?
16th April 2009, 09:45 AM   |  #2  
Flag Kuala Lumpur

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icewhitenewyear

This is the second fuze ive owned... and this is also the second time this has happened. In the middle of the screen there is a small block of like a rainbow of colors... but you can only see it in certain light...

Has anyone else ever come across this?

Mine too.. But i have a screen protector on it so I figured maybe its the screen protector? never really check it without the screen protection.
16th April 2009, 04:07 PM   |  #3  
Flag Snohomish

24 posts
More
Yes.
My first fuze did this after a few days, its an exact square with sort of a frame, I was thinking it was condensation, but my phone has been dry always....
I thought it was weird that it was square shaped and a almost perfect square.

Anyone know what this is?
17th April 2009, 02:01 AM   |  #4  
Flag Prague, Czech Republic
Thanks Meter: 13

209 posts
More
Exclamation
Yep...nothing unusual for raph unfortunatelly...my old post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...71#post2934571

BTW, this is well known issue by HTC so replacement is in most cases done free of charge as a part of warranty. Eventhough I've heard that in some cases in UK, HTC was demanding some kind of payment for replacement.

Anyway, this cannot be fixed in any other way but replacing the screen....afaik
17th April 2009, 06:24 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

57 posts
More
I was told that it means that the screen under the digitizer is broken. Most likely from pressure on the middle of the screen.
21st May 2009, 07:15 AM   |  #6  
Flag Kuala Lumpur

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccola159

I was told that it means that the screen under the digitizer is broken. Most likely from pressure on the middle of the screen.

Oh man, mine just expanded Can I know what did you guys do?
27th May 2009, 11:09 PM   |  #7  

6 posts
Pressure between flat wires, conductive tapes and backside of LCD screen causes the problem. You should take apart your Raphael to see the back of LCD. There is a very thing black tape around the display. Check it for any kinf of damage. If there is no sign of penetration, make the same thin tape from any kind of office tape and place it over dark one. I hope this can help you.

Be a HTC Indiana Jones, take the danger and DIY!
28th May 2009, 03:44 AM   |  #8  

36 posts
i was just about to start a post about this. the middle of my screern (75% of the screen) has these rainbow swirls and they form a perfect rectangle. you can also see a grid of dots. once i noticed this square i started havin problems where its as if someone is pressing the touchscren just on top right corner of this rectangle. so i cant go through menus and it will randomly go away. it also happens on other random locations. can someone explain what i should do?
3rd June 2009, 05:34 AM   |  #9  

24 posts
Mine just did the same thing. The phone seems to work normally. I called and I am sending it in for warranty repair. Is there any way to prevent this from happening in the future? If they replace the screen, do they have some process in place to prevent the same issue? I really love this phone!
3rd June 2009, 05:37 AM   |  #10  

24 posts
Oh, and now my iPhone loving friends are all saying, "You shoulda got an iPhone!" I dont want a crappy iPhone, I just want a good screen! This is my second phone already.....I have never dropped or abused it in any way.... I really wish they used better quality screens. i can do tons more stuff with my phone that my "iPhone friends" cannot....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread