Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 36,657 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Task Manager

Tip us?

Fi3nD
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Task Manager

Hey guys, im wondering what is the best task manager i can use with my xperia or windows mobile 6? I have itje's rom and i notice after a softreset my usage is about 43% and then eventaully within a couple of days without turning it off it rises up to 65% and doesnt go down (I dont have any programs running). So im guessing there are processes that HTC task manager doesnt pick up on.

Thanks

Fi3nD
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
anyone please?

poetryrocksalot
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi3nD View Post
anyone please?
in my opinion, the best task manager is included in WisBar Advance 3. You have to pay for the software. And it's a very slow one too.

lakeside00
Old
Thanks Meter 0
if ur using one of the tf3d roms, then this is normal..the reason is allover the rom thread so u might wanna read to find out why

Black X1i<<HTC Evo 4G

I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly

gtrab
Old
Thanks Meter 509
Soft resetting every 2 or 3 days is healthy

Or go to /windows/ and open TaskManager, then kill the unnecessary processes mannually

orderme
Old
Thanks Meter 14
My favourite Taskmanager is "WKTask". It's freeware and has all functions i've ever wished. It's just like working with "big" windows. Simple by setting some preferences you can easily apply your preferences. I've now been using it for one month and had never any problem concerning bugs, lacks or anything else!

ring-bearer
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by orderme View Post
My favourite Taskmanager is "WKTask". It's freeware and has all functions i've ever wished. It's just like working with "big" windows. Simple by setting some preferences you can easily apply your preferences. I've now been using it for one month and had never any problem concerning bugs, lacks or anything else!
Order'
Hey, thanks for the heads up about WKTask - looks sweet - and welcome to XDA!
Is it possible to make the task bar icons bigger (finger friendly) and to move them to the bottom menu bar? Then it would be perfect.
Innovate-Create-Hack

1. X1 SoftTouch
2. SoftTouch MaxKey configuration for FingerKeyboard 2.1
3. First-ever LED-triggered Xenon flash for a smartphone

Fr@
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrab View Post
Soft resetting every 2 or 3 days is healthy

Or go to /windows/ and open TaskManager, then kill the unnecessary processes mannually
Yes, that's true!

In addition to this, I use FDC Task Manager... really useful, lots of functionalities, and you can run it only when you need it.
Device: Xperia Sola MT27i
Bootloader: Unlocked CWM
Rom: JB Project XV-R v2.4.2 - Awesome ROM

orderme
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Is it possible to make the task bar icons bigger (finger friendly) and to move them to the bottom menu bar? Then it would be perfect.
Well I don't think so. I would have liked it much more, as you said, a bit more fingerfriendly, but as long as no other program does the job as good as WKTask for me, I won't change it. Do you know any project under construction concerning Taskmanagers? Wisbar and all the others are expensive and lacking. Also I have the feeling, that they can't really deal with the panelmanager...